• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

1. its from IL
2. If somebody changes from one NIV to another NIV and in the mean time applies for H1B ( not selected in lottery but the LCA has been certified), and applies for GC (Labor certification stage only) almost right after getting the NIV visa? Is it a problem?

1. Okay, your FO is one of those that request transcripts evaluation, so be sure to get it done. I understand your transcript is issued in English, notwithstanding you need to get the transcript evaluation done - they're not asking about translation.

2. Shouldn't be a problem.

1. Okay, your FO is one of those that request transcripts evaluation, so be sure to get it done. I understand your transcript is issued in English, notwithstanding you need to get the transcript evaluation done - they're not asking about translation.

2. Shouldn't be a problem.

The IL exactly says:
"-Your HS diploma and/or College Diplomas with official transcripts (if you attended)
- If you attended HS or College outside the US, you must also submit an evaluation certificate from a foreign credential evaluation service. For example, the WES"

What is the evaluation certificate exactly? I did the evaluation of my University diploma two years ago- but it just shows the evaluation of degree only. I did not evaluate my transcript (grades) from University. I also do not have any evaluation of High School credentials. Would the evaluation of University degree be sufficient? What do you think?

@Sm1smom could you add the information that Newark, NJ FO requires degree evaluation to the AOS spreadsheet? It would be good to know that beforehand. Are there any other known FOs that do that?

The IL exactly says:
"-Your HS diploma and/or College Diplomas with official transcripts (if you attended)
- If you attended HS or College outside the US, you must also submit an evaluation certificate from a foreign credential evaluation service. For example, the WES"

What is the evaluation certificate exactly? I did the evaluation of my University diploma two years ago- but it just shows the evaluation of degree only. I did not evaluate my transcript (grades) from University. I also do not have any evaluation of High School credentials. Would the evaluation of University degree be sufficient? What do you think?

It's not necessarily a "certificate". What they need is the evaluation itself. And I recommend you get your HS credentials evaluated.

@Sm1smom could you add the information that Newark, NJ FO requires degree evaluation to the AOS spreadsheet? It would be good to know that beforehand. Are there any other known FOs that do that?

There's probably a couple of others, I can't quite recollect without digging into past posts and I don't have the time for that.

Yeah, I may start listing FOs that specifically list degree evaluation requirements on the IL. However, one of the tabs on the AOS process spreadsheet already talks in general about degree evaluation though - well, it has a link to another site that talks about it, I believe.

It's not necessarily a "certificate". What they need is the evaluation itself. And I recommend you get your HS credentials evaluated.

The name of the evaluation document I have is : "Evaluation of Academic Credentials" from Morningside. It is two page document and describes what kind of coursework I completed.

I am trying to avoid spending money on all of these evaluations... Do you think it is a good idea to bring just that what I have and if he requests more, then I will provide it within a week? Or it may mean automatic denial? My interview is scheduled in two weeks from now.

And two more things:

1. If I went for the Infopass on Monday and ask about it? Would it be too much?

2. On Monday I sent out the e-mail to congressman, and was going to go to his office the next day. I did not go to his office, as on the way I got the info that my IL was sent out already. If the congressman took action and contacted USCIS based on my e-mail "complaint", would that affect my case negatively?

The name of the evaluation document I have is : "Evaluation of Academic Credentials" from Morningside. It is two page document and describes what kind of coursework I completed.

I am trying to avoid spending money on all of these evaluations... Do you think it is a good idea to bring just that what I have and if he requests more, then I will provide it within a week? Or it may mean automatic denial? My interview is scheduled in two weeks from now.

I already told you what I think you should do. If you're willing to take the risk of being placed on AP at this point in time because you're trying to avoid spending money, then go with what you have. Your case, your decision, your call.

Yes, you sponsor the person. Spousal sponsorship currently takes an average of two years to process.
By taking an average time of 2 years, does that mean it would take 2 years for her to be able to come to the US and live with me?

Also, is there a certain website that I can refer to? Thanks

By taking an average time of 2 years, does that mean it would take 2 years for her to be able to come to the US and live with me?

Yes.

Process here:
https://www.uscis.gov/family/family...pouses-live-united-states-permanent-residents
After petition approved as it says you need to wait for a visa number to become available (current). If you look at the visa bulletin under F2A for family visas you'll see the wait is around 2 years for a visa number to become available.

In addition to the information and USCIS's website which Susie has kindly provided you with, you can go through the posts on the Family based Green Card - Through Marriage/Relatives forum:

http://forums.immigration.com/forums/family-based-green-card-through-marriage-relative.121/

Google is also a great tool by the way.

I already told you what I think you should do. If you're willing to take the risk of being placed on AP at this point in time because you're trying to avoid spending money, then go with what you have. Your case, your decision, your call.

Mom: I wanted to follow your advice and order the evaluation, but the whole process will take couple of weeks, and now I have no idea what to do (Interview is scheduled for next week). My University AND high school in home country have to send my diploma and supplement (with translation!!) to WES so they can than evaluate it within 7 business days...

I went through this process already when applying for law school last year. All my Universities had to send my information directly to Law School Admission Council (it was a pain!), so they could provide the schools I am applying to with the International Transcript Evaluation... I have a pdf, which I can print out from my account in LSAC, it is called: Credential Assembly Service Law School Report. It provides information on my Grade average, years of study, Toefl score.

Do you think that could work?? Is it something usual for FO to request that and expect I can get the WES evaluation in 10 days? Is denial/placing me on AP inevitable at this point?

Mom: I wanted to follow your advice and order the evaluation, but the whole process will take couple of weeks, and now I have no idea what to do (Interview is scheduled for next week). My University AND high school in home country have to send my diploma and supplement (with translation!!) to WES so they can than evaluate it within 7 business days...

I went through this process already when applying for law school last year. All my Universities had to send my information directly to Law School Admission Council (it was a pain!), so they could provide the schools I am applying to with the International Transcript Evaluation... I have a pdf, which I can print out from my account in LSAC, it is called: Credential Assembly Service Law School Report. It provides information on my Grade average, years of study, Toefl score.

Do you think that could work?? Is it something usual for FO to request that and expect I can get the WES evaluation in 10 days? Is denial/placing me on AP inevitable at this point?

Yes it is not unusual for your FO to request and expect you to get your credentials evaluated a couple of days before your interview. They've seen several other selectees abide by this requirements in the past, you're not an exception.

You already have your college degrees evaluated, that's not an issue. The focus of what I've been discussing with you is you HS diploma which wasn't previously evaluated. The evaluation doesn't have the to be specifically from WES, an evaluation from any other reputable organization will be accepted.

Anyway, if you're convinced it is practically impossible to get your HS Diploma evaluated, then attend your interview with what you have and hope for the best.

Yes it is not unusual for your FO to request and expect you to get your credentials evaluated a couple of days before your interview. They've seen several other selectees abide by this requirements in the past, you're not an exception.

You already have your college degrees evaluated, that's not an issue. The focus of what I've been discussing with you is you HS diploma which wasn't previously evaluated. The evaluation doesn't have the to be specifically from WES, an evaluation from any other reputable organization will be accepted.

Anyway, if you're convinced it is practically impossible to get your HS Diploma evaluated, then attend your interview with what you have and hope for the best.

I think I must have misunderstood you. I thought I would have to evaluate University diploma again, as what I have is not enough, and my "certificate" has to have all school subject and grades listed. I `ve just sent my HS Diploma for evaluation to the Morningside Evaluation Service, and should have it done in 3 days. Thank God, not all of those evaluation services are like WES!

Thank you for help!

Good afternoon!

Since there is not much time left till the end of the fiscal year, I want to make sure I have a plan B.
Had my biometrics done on May 5th. After two infopasses the status is the same: background check is pending. I am from Russia and my FO is in Jacksonville, FL. I am staying optimistic and going to do another infopass soon but want to have an alternative plan.
I am working using my EAD card from OPT, it will expire on Jan 1st 2018. Am I going to lose my status after Sept 30th or it is just going to stay the same? If I am not losing it, can I apply for the STEM field extension?

Thanks a lot!

Got a call from the FO! Pretty sure it was the officer I talked to at my infopasses. The background check is finally cleared and the interview is scheduled for Aug 25th! Thank you!

hello sm1smon,
i have CN= 2017AF14000. my field Office is in Des Doines Iowa. i submitted my AOS in DECEMBER, Had my bio in February. up till date i haven't had my interview.
i have been visiting my FO several times but they have been asking me to wait that my case is still pending.
Today, i insisted on seeing the Supervisor .
He told me , my file is with them but i have to wait for interview by the end of September or r early octorber.
when i told him about the 30th september dead line, he told me there is no problem as my file is already with them.
and that the 30th Sept would not affect my case.
Please my i need help. i have just taken another infospass