• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2018 Selectees from Ghana

I've never yet heard of a refusal based on the name order on an education certificate. Can you cite a case? It's a problem if the birth certificate and/or passport are different from the eDV entry.
I got a refusal on name order;

I got a refusal on name order;

On your education certificate?
We know they refuse in Ghana when it is wrong on the eDV vs birth certificate or passport. Wasn't that your problem, the wrong order of names on the entry? Nothing to do with education certificate?

Is it required or recommended for Ghanaian selectees to be interviewed at the US embassy in Accra? I have heard of some selectees trying to get interviews in Abidjan, because they say it's easier to get the visa there.

Is it required or recommended for Ghanaian selectees to be interviewed at the US embassy in Accra? I have heard of some selectees trying to get interviews in Abidjan, because they say it's easier to get the visa there.

Your interview depends on where you currently live. If you live in Ghana, you interview in Accra. The only way to interview in Abidjan is if you live in Cote D'Ivoire.

Maybe the people you mention are putting down an address in Cote D'Ivoire to do so. Of course if you claim to have an address there then you need to do the medical there and get a police report from there, and probably face denial anyway when the background check turns up the fact that you don't actually live there as claimed. Remember that lying on a visa application is immigration fraud and can earn you a lifetime ban from the US.

Last edited:
Guys I just realized that as a derivative I didn't state the courses I did in University. I just stated Bachelor of Arts Degree without specifying the course. Is that a serious error that requires unlocking the DS260? @Britsimon @SusieQQQ

Let's see if this helps. We've been married for 10 years already. We are married under the marriage ordinance which means a purely monogamous marriage. My question was whether or not the marrriage certificate issued to us by the marriage officer (in this case the minister at our church) which was signed by my wife and I and other witnesses is ok to present at the interview. I ask this because it is handwritten just like the old Ghana birth certs. Now we are required to acquire new computerized birth certs. Was wondering if a similar measure had been put in place for marriage certs to avoid fraud. If there's nothing like that then my assumption is that the original marriage certificate is good to present.
You may also check the office of the registrar of marriages to see if it was entered there. The reciprocity page has mentions of this.

Hello Fam,
Kindly assist me here as I have a WRONG year (1989) of birth on my Original School Certificate, but have the CORRECT year of birth (1990) on all other documents Listed Below:

WASSCE CERTIFICATE; 15th May, 1989

Private WASSCE Certificate
; 15th May, 1990- correct DATE OF BIRTH

PASSPORT ; 15th May, 1990

BIRTH CERTIFICATE; 15th May, 1990

Edv Form; 15th May, 1990

DS-260 FORM; 15th May, 1990

QUESTIONS;

1. Will this cause me any problem at the interview?
2. I went to the Exams Council and I was told nothing can be done about it because I have wasted 8years after school before coming for correction. What can I do about it before am schedule for interview?
Thank You.
Looking forward to your expert views; BritSimon, SussieQQQ, Sm1smom, Sammy......

I just want to know, I addition to these, if the
If the middle name is abreviated (as in O.) in the academic document but it is written full in the passport and edv. Will that lead to disqualification?
for example: Benjamin Rex O. (academic document)
Benjamin Rex Omes( passport, birth cert and edv).

I am yet to apply for the international passport, should I apply with the abbreviated middle name.thanks

I just want to know, I addition to these, if the
If the middle name is abreviated (as in O.) in the academic document but it is written full in the passport and edv. Will that lead to disqualification?
for example: Benjamin Rex O. (academic document)
Benjamin Rex Omes( passport, birth cert and edv).

I am yet to apply for the international passport, should I apply with the abbreviated middle name.thanks

No, it shouldn't lead to a disqualification. Is "Omes" a middle name or the last/surname?

p.s. Don't duplicate the same post on several Threads, post once and wait for a response.

I am highly privileged to be a part of this wonderful family. I am a DV 2018 selectee and a new member here as well, waiting patiently for my number to go current. Hope to have a wonderful journey with you all.