• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Possible early announcement of September VB numbers

Have you bothered reading anything recent in the RAISE thread or do you just do drive-by posts?
Yes I am up to date, thanks! I just choose to be more cautious. I do hope the bill wont get voted on before Oct 1 or it wont pass the votes(I am a DV-2018 winner) but none of us can predict the future. I don't think anyone has a list of the 100 senators with their opinion on this bill so lets just be patient. That's all I am saying. A lot of people are reading these forums so lets not give them the impression that DC-2018 it's a done deal yet.

1. Imagine filling a 10 gallon bucket. You can fill it fast, or you can fill it slow. Either way - it only holds 10 gallons. What KCC try and do is make the process last around 10 months - 1 gallon a month you could say. Spreading the interviews out over the year means the most efficient use of the resources at the embassies, and also allows for people that submit their DS260 late - but have a lowish number. So - KCC will know that they need about 90 to 100 interviews per month in OC region. That number will yield enough approvals to use the OC quota. So - if 25% of cases have their DS260s process, you need a VB number of about 400 in month 1. If 50% of the first 200 cases have finished processing though - you only need 180/190 case numbers. Regardless of the pace, the bucket isn't any bigger or smaller. They have about 800 visas in OC (derivatives included). 100 interviews per month is MORE than enough to get there. As for your number - you have no reason to worry.

2. No.
Thanks for your explanation, and how do you think the bucket will be filled for South America taking into account that there where a double of selectees this year, im in the 1600 range, Thanks in advance

Yes I am up to date, thanks! I just choose to be more cautious. I do hope the bill wont get voted on before Oct 1 or it wont pass the votes(I am a DV-2018 winner) but none of us can predict the future. I don't think anyone has a list of the 100 senators with their opinion on this bill so lets just be patient. That's all I am saying. A lot of people are reading these forums so lets not give them the impression that DC-2018 it's a done deal yet.

I'd suggest you brush up on what has to happen before a bill can even be voted on, and then go back and re-read those posts in light of that knowledge. You might also want to look up about "recess".

You shouldn't disguise lack of knowledge as caution.

Thanks for your explanation, and how do you think the bucket will be filled for South America taking into account that there where a double of selectees this year, im in the 1600 range, Thanks in advance

Having more water than can fit into the 10 gallon bucket just means some water will get spilled. There is no need for the massive increase in selectees this year for SA . High numbers are at risk. Your number is at the beginning of the risky zone - so "wait and see" is all I can say.

I'd suggest you brush up on what has to happen before a bill can even be voted on, and then go back and re-read those posts in light of that knowledge. You might also want to look up about "recess".

You shouldn't disguise lack of knowledge as caution.

I know about the recess of course! Not sure why you assume I don't know?! Last time I raised the issue about the bill, I was told to stop fearmongering and here we are talking about the bill again, aren't we? So just let me be cautious and wait patiently to see what happens in September. DV-2018 is not a done deal yet. In my opinion I think it may reach voting but I also think it wont pass but we cant be certain yet. Lets not give a false sense of certainty here when we don't know the future yet.Thanks!

They aren't even working on the Act. If if it had support (which it hasn't) it would be tough to get this through in time. It's not going to happen before the end of the fiscal year. Really.

I really hope you are correct!

I know about the recess of course! Not sure why you assume I don't know?! Last time I raised the issue about the bill, I was told to stop fearmongering and here we are talking about the bill again, aren't we? So just let me be cautious and wait patiently to see what happens in September. DV-2018 is not a done deal yet. In my opinion I think it may reach voting but I also think it wont pass but we cant be certain yet. Lets not give a false sense of certainty here when we don't know the future yet.Thanks!

But we DO know it CANNOT effect DV2018. Really.

We are 'talking' about it again because YOU brought it up again :rolleyes:
Who's the co-sponsor of the bill?
I repeat: do you understand the legislative process? Recess is just an added delay.
But sure, go ahead and be "cautious" and "patient", but do you think you can do that without going round in circles about things that have already been demonstrated?

Last edited:
Wow just seeing the time and effort you guys are putting answer the questions, and the tolerance level you have.... Hats off !!!

Sorry to interrupt but couldn't resist posting this. I really really appreciate you guys. SusieQQQ, Brit, Mom and all...

Thank you so much _/\_

I spoke with KCC and they confirmed my prioritization guess was right. They have changed something this year to reduce backlogs, so if someone submitted AF60XXX on May 5th, they would not have started processing that yet - since there is no point to do that this early.

This is good to know and very smart on their part (well done KCC!). It means that a high case number has more time to make corrections before processing has even started - which is good because life continues as people are waiting to get current - and their processing will be on more accurate, up to date, forms.

Is there a chance it's a part of a bigger "overhaul"? I think nobody would be offended if e.g. the time between Bio date and Interview date for AoSers would be predictable too...

Is there a chance it's a part of a bigger "overhaul"? I think nobody would be offended if e.g. the time between Bio date and Interview date for AoSers would be predictable too...

No - this has nothing to do with AOS. Different process, different organization.