• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

That is fantastic news! Happy for you. Thanks for coming back to inform us.

By the way, do you mind sharing the steps you took and how it was eventually located? Others may benefit from this.

Sure! USPS mis-delivered the letter to another apartment unit, fortunately for me the letter was returned to my apartment front desk rep by the resident of that building.

As far as steps, I reached out to my local post office, who connected me with the delivery carrier and tracked the location of the carrier at time of delivery. That was about how far USPS went. It was obviously not helpful since the resident returned it.

Sure! USPS mis-delivered the letter to another apartment unit, fortunately for me the letter was returned to my apartment front desk rep by the resident of that building.

As far as steps, I reached out to my local post office, who connected me with the delivery carrier and tracked the location of the carrier at time of delivery. That was about how far USPS went. It was obviously not helpful since the resident returned it.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm thinking your apartment's front desk rep should have returned it to your mail box or let you know you have some mis-delivered mail. I mean your apartment number was on the envelope, right? I think they contributed, BIG time, to the mess.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm thinking your apartment's front desk rep should have returned it to your mail box or let you know you have some mis-delivered mail. I mean your apartment number was on the envelope, right? I think they contributed, BIG time, to the mess.

Oh absolutely, I completely agree.

Hi everyone. I finally received an update on our AOS today, the first since receiving the Biometrics appointment letter in May. I received notification that a my EAD card is being produced.

I take that this is a good sign?

Does this mean that the background check has been completed for me? We did our biometrics on 1 June and have been anxiously waiting. Hopefully I get an update on my wife's EAD soon as well our our AP and interview date soon.

Hi everyone. I finally received an update on our AOS today, the first since receiving the Biometrics appointment letter in May. I received notification that a my EAD card is being produced.

Does this mean that the background check has been completed for me? We did our biometrics on 1 June and have been anxiously waiting. Hopefully I get an update on my wife's EAD soon as well our our AP and interview date soon.
Unfortunately, EAD/AP documents being approved is not an indicator that your background check is completed.

Sorry to burst your bubbles but updates about the EAD and/or AP has nothing to do with the background status or the AOS petition itself. The EAD/AP card gets approved and processed regardless of what stage the AOS petition is at.

The card you'll be getting is a combo AP/EAD card, it really doesn't matter if the only update you get is about the EAD.

Thank you for the quick response Beau and Sm1smom.

We've got our 3rd Infopass next week. Would anyone have suggestions on how we can get them to nudge the FBI into completing our background checks or how to deal with an uninformed officer?

Our 2nd Infopass was frustrating. The officer unfortunately was very difficult to understand and I'm not certain he could understand us (English wasn't his first language). He didn't appear to understand the AOS process at all. He chuckled when we said that we submitted our package in April stating that some people "wait for years". I stated that a diversity visa is time sensitive and he said nothing. I asked him to confirm what we were told at our first Infopass; that we were just waiting on the background check and that our FO requested our package be sent in early May. He said thats not how it works and that they they were waiting for our package from the NBC. He then printed out our most recent NOA from the USCIS (biometrics letter, first week of May) and handed it to us saying that thats the latest update and we didn't need an Infopass appointment to get it.

Should I have asked to speak to a manager in this situation? Is that even an option?

Hi,
I am a little bit confused about the follow to join process. Originally I have applied for consular processing for my husband and I (I am here in the US on an NIV H1B, I am the principal applicant and DV selectee and my husband is the DV derivative. He is working in my home country and has no US visa). Afterwards due to circumstances with my work I couldn't travel so I opted to change my application to AOS. At that point my application was processed by KCC and they were almost on the verge of contacting the US embassy to schedule an appointment. I contacted them and explained that I am changing to AOS and they informed me that if my husband is not in the USA, he will have to go through FTJ process later on. Well fast forward several, several months, I finally have my GC. I called KCC today and they requested that I contact the consulate and request them to contact KCC and KCC will forward the DS-260 to the US embassy in order to schedule an interview. USCIS on the other hand has requested that I submit an I-824 and they will in turn inform the NVC who will contact the US embassy. Maybe I got confused or misunderstood what is required to be done or their instructions. However, I am very anxious and I would like to apply for my husband before the end of the fiscal year Sep 30, 2017. Any advise on the steps that I should follow?

I have a question myself and my wife had the interview at Atlanta FO on 27th July 2017 for DV lottery AOS 2017. Our interview went fine it took almost 30 min for the interview and IO congratulated us and said he needs to check our KCC file for visa availability and then he will approve it. He verbally said we should get the card in mail in 2 weeks and he also encouraged us to apply for citizenship later. As we were about to exit the IO's office thats when my wife said we also have photos, so IO took a look them and kept few for proof. It took another 30 minutes or so as he was asking where the pics were taken and he talked about how our different cultures play out in our relationship and stuff like that he sounded very curious as we both are from different countries, myself from India and my wife is from Kazakhstan. To summarize, the interview went just fine. We called KCC to ask when did the IO request the KCC file which turned out to be 27th July. Since then we haven't heard anything. Should we schedule an Infopass to see what's up with our case?? Also its very weird my online case status still case fingerprint fee was received and It doesn't mention anything like Interview was scheduled. This makes me believe for us online case status update seems broken. Has anybody had similar issue like us?? I would appreciate if someone could please advise.

I have a question myself and my wife had the interview at Atlanta FO on 27th July 2017 for DV lottery AOS 2017. Our interview went fine it took almost 30 min for the interview and IO congratulated us and said he needs to check our KCC file for visa availability and then he will approve it. He verbally said we should get the card in mail in 2 weeks and he also encouraged us to apply for citizenship later. As we were about to exit the IO's office thats when my wife said we also have photos, so IO took a look them and kept few for proof. It took another 30 minutes or so as he was asking where the pics were taken and he talked about how our different cultures play out in our relationship and stuff like that he sounded very curious as we both are from different countries, myself from India and my wife is from Kazakhstan. To summarize, the interview went just fine. We called KCC to ask when did the IO request the KCC file which turned out to be 27th July. Since then we haven't heard anything. Should we schedule an Infopass to see what's up with our case?? Also its very weird my online case status still case fingerprint fee was received and It doesn't mention anything like Interview was scheduled. This makes me believe for us online case status update seems broken. Has anybody had similar issue like us?? I would appreciate if someone could please advise.

Hi @sg_2606 I also had my interview on July 27 and was told that he had to check for visa availability. I was asked to return on July 31 where he took some fingerprints and a photo of mine. He verbally mentioned I had been approved, but I have not seen any updates on the system either. It could just be the officer.

Hi,
I am a little bit confused about the follow to join process. Originally I have applied for consular processing for my husband and I (I am here in the US on an NIV H1B, I am the principal applicant and DV selectee and my husband is the DV derivative. He is working in my home country and has no US visa). Afterwards due to circumstances with my work I couldn't travel so I opted to change my application to AOS. At that point my application was processed by KCC and they were almost on the verge of contacting the US embassy to schedule an appointment. I contacted them and explained that I am changing to AOS and they informed me that if my husband is not in the USA, he will have to go through FTJ process later on. Well fast forward several, several months, I finally have my GC. I called KCC today and they requested that I contact the consulate and request them to contact KCC and KCC will forward the DS-260 to the US embassy in order to schedule an interview. USCIS on the other hand has requested that I submit an I-824 and they will in turn inform the NVC who will contact the US embassy. Maybe I got confused or misunderstood what is required to be done or their instructions. However, I am very anxious and I would like to apply for my husband before the end of the fiscal year Sep 30, 2017. Any advise on the steps that I should follow?

The information from KCC regarding FTJ is wrong. In order for your husband to process FTJ, you do need to submit an I-824 like USCIS said, they will in turn forward your file to your home embassy who then schedules your husband for an interview based on their work schedule.

You should have informed the IO that interviewed your about your husband processing FTJ and request to submit the I-824 at the end of your interview (to gain your some processing time and by-pass going through the Lockbox submission process). I suggest you fill out the form and go for an INFOPASS. Explain to them your DV based AOS petition has been approved and your husband is processing FTJ, you'll need to impress on them the urgency involved as your husband will not be able to benefit from your selection if he's not interviewed and approved by Sept 30th COB.

1. Did you confirm from the IO if your background checks have cleared?
2. Your interview was just a week ago, so be patie.
3. Nothing weird about the online status. It only changes when the case is approved or denied - it will not show anything about the interview.

And finally, for the benefit of those yet to interview or reading your post in the future, what your wife did is known as providing unsolicited information which is often a bad idea. More often than not, when people provide unsolicited information which they think may be helpful to their case, they unwittingly end up complicating the case. Only answer questions that are asked, only provide documents requested for. There was no need for the additional 30 minutes of interview you guys subjected yourselves to.

Hi @sg_2606 I also had my interview on July 27 and was told that he had to check for visa availability. I was asked to return on July 31 where he took some fingerprints and a photo of mine. He verbally mentioned I had been approved, but I have not seen any updates on the system either. It could just be the officer.

Your situation is clearly different from that of @sg_2606, there was an issue with your previously taken fingerprints hence the need for you to return a couple of days after the interview for your prints to be taken again. It's possible they decided they run additional background checks with the newly captured prints in your case.

Your situation is clearly different from that of @sg_2606, there was an issue with your previously taken fingerprints hence the need for you to return a couple of days after the interview for your prints to be taken again. It's possible they decided they run additional background checks with the newly captured prints in your case.

I understand that, but at my actual interview my IO said that he couldn't approve me because he was not able to check visa availability in that moment and if all looked good, I should received my GC in about 2-3 weeks. So in that sense we had the same experience. I only heard about the fingerprints 3 days later which could cause my delay in hearing back-correct.

Hello! @Sm1smom I have a Q, today I went to my 2 Infopass and wasn't be able to talk to the officer who handles DV cases (due to his day off), but officer at the front desk checked my case status and said that it was requested by my officer and is routing to them by 25th of July. Is it possible that my DV package is routing for 3 weeks? (as if it is going by it's legs) .
My FO ATL, package accept. on 5/02/17, bio done on 5/24/17.

I understand that, but at my actual interview my IO said that he couldn't approve me because he was not able to check visa availability in that moment and if all looked good, I should received my GC in about 2-3 weeks. So in that sense we had the same experience. I only heard about the fingerprints 3 days later which could cause my delay in hearing back-correct.

Well did your IO say why he wasn't able to check for visa availability at the end of your interview?

Hello! @Sm1smom I have a Q, today I went to my 2 Infopass and wasn't be able to talk to the officer who handles DV cases (due to his day off), but officer at the front desk checked my case status and said that it was requested by my officer and is routing to them by 25th of July. Is it possible that my DV package is routing for 3 weeks? (as if it is going by it's legs) .

It depends. Precisely what is the "it" that was requested and is being routed to them by 7/25? Your FO does not request for the AOS package, it automatically gets sent by the NBC to the applicable FO. KCC file, when requested by the FO, is electronically sent.

Are you able to request to speak with an officer that handles DV cases? If so, do you make the request when you check-in at the front desk [where they review your info pass appointment printout, ID and give you the number printout] on when your number is called and you speak to the officer?