• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Administrative Process (AP) Cases

Hello, Hope that all of you would be fine. I am DV lottery winner from Afghanistan, I along my family members were interviewed in US embassy Kabul in the first week of December-2016. All the procedure was normal till the end and the visa officer provided a white paper with asking bio data of the previous 15 years, job, travel, education and every data was mentioned. The officer told me about AP and asked me if I wanted to take passports or keep it with them and since I was not having any traveling plan so let the officer kept our passports. Since than my case has not been updated. I have twice sent email to them and their reply is the same ( your case is under AP). It has been more than 6 months and the medical have already expired. Please advice

There really isn't anything you can do if your case is on AP. Lack of posted updates doesn't mean they're not working on it. They will get in touch with you and let you know if you need a new medical exam when they're ready to issue the visas.

There really isn't anything you can do if your case is on AP. Lack of posted updates doesn't mean they're not working on it. They will get in touch with you and let you know if you need a new medical exam when they're ready to issue the visas.
Thank You for your reply.

I just have one more question, If i need to inquire from DOS, what would be the contact details and phone or email ID?

I just have one more question, If i need to inquire from DOS, what would be the contact details and phone or email ID?

I don't have contact details for the DOS for following up on an AP case - they do not provide updates on pending cases. The only body you should be talking to is your embassy and their response will be the same until they resolve your case, which brings you back to square one which: continue to be patient. They will contact you if they need anything from you.

I don't have contact details for the DOS for following up on an AP case - they do not provide updates on pending cases. The only body you should be talking to is your embassy and their response will be the same until they resolve your case, which brings you back to square one which: continue to be patient. They will contact you if they need anything from you.
Thank you once again for your reply, I was going trough this blog and found one of the name GABBAM from the previous years who was frequently calling DOS for the update during his AP. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hi All
I'm new here, i appreciate if you could advice me on my case. I did my interview in US Embassy Abu Dhabi on April 2, 2017 , during the interview i submitted all required documents including high school diploma ( GCE Advanced level). Surprisingly, the Consular Officer handed me a 221 (g) form requesting me to summit my secondary school certificate ( Ordinary level ) that was not up to the high school diploma ( minimum requirement ). I immediately rushed home, brought the certificate and handed it to one of the counters in the embassy and they promised to contact me.

I waited for one month and didn't receive any call from the embassy, so i decided to go back there on May 2, 2017, using the same 221( g) to gain access to the Embassy since they did not collect it from me nor wrote any nothing on form that acknowledged the receipt of the certificate. This time around, i submitted the same certificate that i had submitted previously but to a different lady in another counter. She collected my passport and the 221 ( g) form and gave me a piece of paper asking to come back for visa collection on the May 8th,2017

When i arrived at the embassy on May 8th,2017, i proceeded to the counter for collection but unfortunately my passport was handed back to me without a visa together with the same 221( g) form that was collect from during my previous visit.

Its been more than 100 DAYS days and i haven't had any response from the embassy .
Does this mean a visa refusal or they are going to contact me at some point in time because worried knowing that September is just around the corner.

Thanks.

Hi All
I'm new here, i appreciate if you could advice me on my case. I did my interview in US Embassy Abu Dhabi on April 2, 2017 , during the interview i submitted all required documents including high school diploma ( GCE Advanced level). Surprisingly, the Consular Officer handed me a 221 (g) form requesting me to summit my secondary school certificate ( Ordinary level ) that was not up to the high school diploma ( minimum requirement ). I immediately rushed home, brought the certificate and handed it to one of the counters in the embassy and they promised to contact me.

I waited for one month and didn't receive any call from the embassy, so i decided to go back there on May 2, 2017, using the same 221( g) to gain access to the Embassy since they did not collect it from me nor wrote any nothing on form that acknowledged the receipt of the certificate. This time around, i submitted the same certificate that i had submitted previously but to a different lady in another counter. She collected my passport and the 221 ( g) form and gave me a piece of paper asking to come back for visa collection on the May 8th,2017

When i arrived at the embassy on May 8th,2017, i proceeded to the counter for collection but unfortunately my passport was handed back to me without a visa together with the same 221( g) form that was collect from during my previous visit.

Its been more than 100 DAYS days and i haven't had any response from the embassy .
Does this mean a visa refusal or they are going to contact me at some point in time because worried knowing that September is just around the corner.

Thanks.

It sounds like you were on AP for a couple of reasons. The first would have been the missing document (not surprising by the way!), but then they probably needed additional time for background checks. The time for that sort of AP can vary greatly from a few weeks to a few months. All you can do now is wait.

Thank you Britsimon for the piece of advice, it has brought some relief in me. Now i know the visa was not denied, i have no option than to wait although it is not easy to behave as if all is well especially when i think of how September is fast approaching.

Regards.

Thank you Britsimon for the piece of advice, it has brought some relief in me. Now i know the visa was not denied, i have no option than to wait although it is not easy to behave as if all is well especially when i think of how September is fast approaching.

Regards.

There are still two and a half months left in the fiscal year. Some people only interview in September. Relax more.

My case got two updates on 27 and 29th of July but still no email received from embassy to select a date or do re-medical. Any suggestions from your side? Please kindly replyo_O

My case got two updates on 27 and 29th of July but still no email received from embassy to select a date or do re-medical. Any suggestions from your side? Please kindly replyo_O

You cannot interpret any meaning for updates - so ignore them. You just have to wait.

Hello .I 'm in AP. Married after GC,we have a relashion 2 year,and because we want to be together we decided to marry. We was in America the last summer,come back at time,whithout ineligible actions,crime or something else.The interview was in 22 june.They told us that is need some proofs( photos,were we worked in USA,conversation for two years).
I gave them what they said was needed immediately the next day 23.Unfortunatly the told also to gave the employment banking activity (in USA),but i cant entry in my card account there is write that is ineligible account,i don't know why.Can be this a problem?how can this procedure take?please help!thank you (i'm sorry for my mistakes)

Hello .I 'm in AP. Married after GC,we have a relashion 2 year,and because we want to be together we decided to marry. We was in America the last summer,come back at time,whithout ineligible actions,crime or something else.The interview was in 22 june.They told us that is need some proofs( photos,were we worked in USA,conversation for two years).
I gave them what they said was needed immediately the next day 23.Unfortunatly the told also to gave the employment banking activity (in USA),but i cant entry in my card account there is write that is ineligible account,i don't know why.Can be this a problem?how can this procedure take?please help!thank you (i'm sorry for my mistakes)

I'm not sure I understand exactly. Was it last summer in the US that you were working there? What visa were you on? Were all relevant taxes paid?
Is the bank account referred to your personal bank account? If so have you contacted the bank about why you can't access it?
What consulate are you interviewing at? Have you told the consulate you are having difficulty accessing what they asked for? If they ask for something and you just don't provide it without any explanation, they will not move forward on your case.

Thank you a lot for the answer.Yes ,i was last summer with my husband and we worked their ..We was with J-1 visa student.Yes is the bank account refferend to my personal bank account.Unfortunatly i dind't call ,i don't know why,maybe because we wanted gave the proof as soon as possible,i did a mistake.Was all the taxes relevant paid.I'm from Republic of Moldova,US Embassy Chisinau.I write about my difficulty ,on the paper and i gave them with the rest of proofs,they don't asked me anything after(when was the interview they gave us the documents only the passports don't gave,after one week they call me to return the documents).

Last edited:
Thank you a lot for the answer.Yes ,i was last summer with my husband and we worked their ..We was with J-1 visa student.Yes is the bank account refferend to my personal bank account.Unfortunatly i dind't call ,i don't know why,maybe because we wanted gave the proof as soon as possible,i did a mistake.Was all the taxes relevant paid.I'm from Republic of Moldova.I write them about my difficulty ,on the paper and i gave with the rest of proofs,they don't asked me anything (when was the interview they gave us the documents only the passports don't gave,after one week they call me to return the documents).

Ok, if you haven't heard anything from the embassy since you handed the documents in on 23rd, and you explained already the problem about the bank account, I would suggest next step is to contact the embassy to (politely of course) ask them if there is any progress on the case.

Thank you again.I will write them politely.I will try and i will tell you the answer.I writed them politely 3 weeks ago ..how Long time is need to wait.But they only told me that is need to wait ,
As soon as it is completed they will contacting me.

Last edited: