• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 EU Selectees

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Thread created on request for DV2018 EU Selectees to share ideas and encourage each other.

Thanks for the thread! Congrats on everyone who won !! I finally got selected after applying for 7+ years. I am case number EU15xxx

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any information about how an entrepreneur can prove that his/her work experience is sufficient for the DV requirements? How can one compare entrepreneur's work experience to those descriptions on the O*net website and how does one prove it matches?

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any information about how an entrepreneur can prove that his/her work experience is sufficient for the DV requirements? How can one compare entrepreneur's work experience to those descriptions on the O*net website and how does one prove it matches?

Didn't we have this discussion already? You can't "prove" it matches if it does not, in fact, match. It totally depends on the actual job the "entrepreneur" does.

Didn't we have this discussion already? You can't "prove" it matches if it does not, in fact, match. It totally depends on the actual job the "entrepreneur" does.

We kinda did, yeah, except that I didn't really get an answer...
I mean, forget about my case, but let's say that one has a matching job as an entrepreneur; how does one prove it? What kind of proof one needs to show about it? I don't think there's "a size chart" for a company one owns, so how it will be measured "officially" whether one's entrepreneurship qualifies for DV?

I started the conversation again in hopes to get answers from someone who has actually been qualified through work experience as an entrepreneur.

We kinda did, yeah, except that I didn't really get an answer...
I mean, forget about my case, but let's say that one has a matching job as an entrepreneur; how does one prove it? What kind of proof one needs to show about it? I don't think there's "a size chart" for a company one owns, so how it will be measured "officially" whether one's entrepreneurship qualifies for DV?

I started the conversation again in hopes to get answers from someone who has actually been qualified through work experience as an entrepreneur.

You mean, I think, that you didn't get an answer you liked.

A matching job as an entrepreneur will generally have a bunch of company documents that can show it, including tax returns to show company turnover and the salary you draw as an owner (which is one way if not the only way to compare to the kind of job you are claiming), etc. So if you are claiming CEO equivalency but (for example) if your company does turnover of $100k a year and you draw a salary of $50k, clearly there will be some scepticism there. On the other hand if your turnover is $500k and you draw $200k, well it's obviously not real CEO level, but it's certainly at a level you can probably use to argue meets the requirements in terms of some kind of managerial role.

Thanks for the thread! Congrats on everyone who won !! I finally got selected after applying for 7+ years. I am case number EU15xxx

Thats an amazing number congrats i got selected and mine is EU25xxx i hope we get called on an interview and we get visa :D

@Sm1smom @Britsimon what are the requirements for someone to be eligible to send you the affidavit of support thank you very much !

Hi Ireeln,
it's all covered by @Britsimon here: http://britsimonsays.com/all-about-public-charge-affidavit-of-support-i-134/

specifically:
"...The affidavit of support should be in the form of the I-134 which must be filled out by a US legal resident..." and "...The income of the person filling out the I-134 should be greater than that shown on the Federal Poverty Guidelines for total number of family members for the sponsor/family AND the selectee/derivatives. ..."

Hope that helps, please read the full post on Simon's blog.

Congrats fellow europeans!
I got selected on my first try with case number 71XX - lucky me, eh? :)
Hoping for an interview in October or November.

Do we have any other swedes in here?

@Sm1smom 1.can i renew my passport even tho i submitted the Ds-260.
2. How old should the passport be prior to the interview. Thank you very much for your time and effort to reply to those questions