• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 AOS Only

Hi sm1smom,

When completing the I485, part 2 requires to select basis of eligibility, with options a-h. I apologize, I cannot link the page yet as Im a new user.

1. If I am f1 and have been selected for dv2018, would I select option 'h' (other basis of eligibility) and explain that I have been selected for dv2018 program? Or choose 'a' (an immigrant petition) assuming a petition might be required? Other options do not apply for sure.

2. The address listed on my notification letters is not the same as my current address. I mentioned that in ds-260 saying I want the green card to be mailed to the first address but my current address is different.

I'm assigned to the field office corresponding to the first address because I applied with this one. Both can be used as my mailing addresses, but would this potentially cause any discrepancies with uscis?

Thank you

Hi sm1smom,

When completing the I485, part 2 requires to select basis of eligibility, with options a-h. I apologize, I cannot link the page yet as Im a new user.

1. If I am f1 and have been selected for dv2018, would I select option 'h' (other basis of eligibility) and explain that I have been selected for dv2018 program? Or choose 'a' (an immigrant petition) assuming a petition might be required? Other options do not apply for sure.

2. The address listed on my notification letters is not the same as my current address. I mentioned that in ds-260 saying I want the green card to be mailed to the first address but my current address is different.

I'm assigned to the field office corresponding to the first address because I applied with this one. Both can be used as my mailing addresses, but would this potentially cause any discrepancies with uscis?

Thank you

1. I recommend you use the new I-485 form which has Diversity Visa Program specifically listed as one of the basis of filing.

2. You haven't been assigned to any FO because you're yet to submit your AOS package. The address on your selectee notification letter or the DS260 form are immaterial. Your GC will be sent to whatever address you list on your I-485. Your assigned FO will also be based on that address.

Hi Sm1smom
Sorry for all these questions, but I want to make sure I do things right.
I am working on H1b and my wife and son are on H4, but they live in Canada, they come to US for visit, but my wife works in Canada. I am applying for AOS, is it going to be an issue if her latest home and work addresses on i485 are in Canada?

Hi Sm1smom
Sorry for all these questions, but I want to make sure I do things right.
I am working on H1b and my wife and son are on H4, but they live in Canada, they come to US for visit, but my wife works in Canada. I am applying for AOS, is it going to be an issue if her latest home and work addresses on i485 are in Canada?

Your wife and son are not eligible for AOS if they're living in Canada regardless of the fact that they use their H4 visas to visit. And she really shouldn't have applied for H4 if she's living and working in Canada. As a matter of fact, I believe they're violating the terms of their H4 with that practice. H4 is for the purpose of living with you in the US, not for coming in on vacations

I got 2NL a moment ago, which is unexpectedly fast. I thought that with my number and rather late DS260 submission it will take a while . Quick question: Do derivatives receive separate mails or is it just the primary applicant?

I got 2NL a moment ago, which is unexpectedly fast. I thought that with my number and rather late DS260 submission it will take a while . Quick question: Do derivatives receive separate mails or is it just the primary applicant?

Single mail, often sent to the selectee. 2NL for AOS has nothing to do with the CN being high or low since KFC does not process the DS260 for AOS cases.

The section you quoted from the AOS process spreadsheet has nothing to do with the DS260 form submission. One of the specific questions on the FAQ tab is actually "when do I need to submit form DS260?" So are you saying the response to that doesn't quite answer your question?

You do realize the AOS process spreadsheet has other tabs besides the FAQ tab? The 'AOS Process' tab for instance is actually a step by step guide of what to do when.

I'm guessing you're probably thinking it's easier for me to provide you with a direct answer and not keep referring you to the spreadsheet. I however prefer to do exactly that because I feel the spreadsheet already has all the answers to the common/frequently asked questions.

That spreadsheet has a lot more useful information than most are giving it credit for - I wish I had such a tool when I went through this process.

Hi Sm1smom,

Not at all of what you thought. I did not have any intention of thinking it is easier for you to provide me with an answer. I attempt to overthinking easily even simple tasks (run in the family, lol). So it is more that I feel not sure if I read everything correctly in the spreadsheet. Sometimes, I may miss reading contents even for the school tests.

Gratefully appreciate for all your help for us on the forums!

Blessings,
hellomyfriend

Last edited:
Hello !
First of all, thank you for your google doc sheets which is really helpful.
I received my Adjustment letter from KCC (2nd NL) this week and I would like to know what you think about my CN : 2018EU00025xxx. Is it a high CN ? Do you think it's too early to pay the fees and do the medical exam (hope an appointment is easy to obtain!) ?
Thanks

Hello !
I received my Adjustment letter from KCC (2nd NL) this week and I would like to know what you think about my CN : 2018EU00025xxx. Is it a high CN ? Do you think it's too early to pay the fees and do the medical exam (hope an appointment is easy to obtain!) ?
Thanks

Yes it is FAR too early to do anything. That number won't be current until spring 2018.

Hello !
Thanks
Hi, when did you submit DS-260?

Thanks!

Hi Sm1smom,

About an A-number you replied earlier on the post: stated that "...so yes, there's no A# issued to you, since you're not yet eligible to apply for OPT." How about I had OPT and H1B in previous time after graduated for the previous degree? Would I have an A#?

In addition,
I had these vaccinations (TD/TDAP, MMR) since I was little in my country. Can I use them for the medical application?

Thank you,
hellomyfriend

Last edited:
Hi Sm1smom,

About an A-number you replied earlier on the post: stated that "...so yes, there's no A# issued to you, since you're not yet eligible to apply for OPT." How about I had OPT and H1B in previous time after graduated for the previous degree? Would I have an A#?

In addition,
I had these vaccinations (TD/TDAP, MMR) since I was little in my country. Can I use them for the medical application?

Thank you,
hellomyfriend

You have an A# if you've had an OPT/EAD card in the past.

Take your immunization records with you to the medical exam if you have them. The CS will determine what you need.

Hi again,

I understand that you are in no position to advise on this but, do you have any idea perhaps as to how much earnings or savings on the bank statements would be deemed sufficient to provide proof of not being a financial burden. I am debating between mailing bank statements and the I-134 sponsor affidavit form.

Thank you

Also I noticed you have removed the G325 Biographic Information form from the AOS package page. Is the form no longer required since it is expired? I now see the G325A form which expired on 30th of June, 17.

Hi again,

I understand that you are in no position to advise on this but, do you have any idea perhaps as to how much earnings or savings on the bank statements would be deemed sufficient to provide proof of not being a financial burden. I am debating between mailing bank statements and the I-134 sponsor affidavit form.

Thank you

Evidence of an annual income which is 125% above the applicable poverty guideline may be deemed sufficient. Refer to the following link for poverty guidelines guidance:

https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_force/files/form/i-864p.pdf?download=1

Also I noticed you have removed the G325 Biographic Information form from the AOS package page. Is the form no longer required since it is expired? I now see the G325A form which expired on 30th of June, 17.

Yes I removed it because a separate G325 is no longer required - that form has been merged with the new form I-485.

Hey Sm1smom,

I came across this blog, and so far, it was very helpful to clarify some issues. I still have more questions which I was not able to get answer by reading older posts. I apologize if I am repeating same question.

My case number is EU11xxx, and I am currently in OPT status. However, my wife is overseas. I was physically present at US when dv lottery results were announced. So, I was thinking to AOS, but, I heard this process might be tricky for spouse. Then, I have decided to interview at home country with my wife together.

I wanted to hear your opinion on this. Would it be more efficient to adjust my status here and my wife interviews at home?
Or should I go back home and go through interview process with her? How do you think this decision affect my chances of getting GC; would it be safer to interview at home country, since it is only chargeable for 300 people?

I was also wondering about DS260 form. I have completed that form, but should I pay some fee to start my documents processing?
It would very helpful if you could outline this process or direct to the link where it has been discussed before.

Thanks a lot.

Hey Sm1smom,

I came across this blog, and so far, it was very helpful to clarify some issues. I still have more questions which I was not able to get answer by reading older posts. I apologize if I am repeating same question.

My case number is EU11xxx, and I am currently in OPT status. However, my wife is overseas. I was physically present at US when dv lottery results were announced. So, I was thinking to AOS, but, I heard this process might be tricky for spouse. Then, I have decided to interview at home country with my wife together.

I wanted to hear your opinion on this. Would it be more efficient to adjust my status here and my wife interviews at home?
Or should I go back home and go through interview process with her? How do you think this decision affect my chances of getting GC; would it be safer to interview at home country, since it is only chargeable for 300 people?

I was also wondering about DS260 form. I have completed that form, but should I pay some fee to start my documents processing?
It would very helpful if you could outline this process or direct to the link where it has been discussed before.

Thanks a lot.

Like you already know if you decide to process AOS your wife will not be eligible to process AOS with you since she's currently back in your home country, that will require her to process CP as follow to join (FTJ). You should consider returning home to process CP together with your wife.

Regarding what the next step should, if you're processing AOS, you need to go through the AOS process spreadsheet for further guidance on on what happens when - you can find the link to that on the first post on page one of this Thread.

For CP, I recommend taking another look at your selectee notification letter, click on the links provided in it which should take you to the if you've been selected page and steps on what to do.