• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees

DV2017 winner - travel itinerary plausible?

I have relatives, DV2017 winners who jost got the visas, planning to enter US for the first time through Canada (after visiting family). Is the following travel itinerary plausible? They have double nationality (EU and non-EU / IV stamped on non-EU passport) :

1. Travel to Canada (air) with the EU passport after applying for ESTA
2. Travel to US (land) with the non-EU passport (the one having the immigration visa)

They are concerned whether there is a rule forcing them to enter US directly for the first time with an immigrant visa.

I'm confused by your question as your itinerary seems to indicate they will indeed be entering the US with their immigrant visas. I don't know Canadian immigration requirements so I'm also confused as to why they need an ESTA for Canada. Isn't ESTA for US only or do the Canadians have something similar?

Yes, Canada also requires smth similar when entering by air.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp

They are using the immigration visas to enter US but through Canada. Is it ok to enter a POE in US for the first time, not from the country of origin? - that's their comcern.

That's not what you asked the first time. Yes they can enter from wherever they want, but they must use their immigrant visas. Sorry, you kind of had total red herrings talking about ESTA for Canada and then asking if they had to use their immigrant visa.

DV2017 winner - travel itinerary plausible?

I have relatives, DV2017 winners who jost got the visas, planning to enter US for the first time through Canada (after visiting family). Is the following travel itinerary plausible? They have double nationality (EU and non-EU / IV stamped on non-EU passport) :

1. Travel to Canada (air) with the EU passport after applying for ESTA
2. Travel to US (land) with the non-EU passport (the one having the immigration visa)

They are concerned whether there is a rule forcing them to enter US directly for the first time with an immigrant visa.

The itinerary is no problem - but they don't need the ESTA.

Hi all! I won't be able to bring all the required documents to the interview and I'd like to know if failing to provide some of the documents below will result in a straight "refusal" (which I obviously want to avoid at all costs!). I won't have the medical exam results at the interview and I believe that will put me on AP. The thing is... I may be missing the following too:

- Police clearance certificates (both from my home country and another country where I lived some years back)
- Birth certificate
- Affidavit of support (although my own funds should be enough to prove I won't be a public charge)

Will not presenting these documents at the interview result in a refusal? Or will I simply be put on AP (which I'm expecting anyway because of the medical results)?

I am the derivative and my spouse should have every document on his end (except the affidavit).

Thank you!

Hi all! I won't be able to bring all the required documents to the interview and I'd like to know if failing to provide some of the documents below will result in a straight "refusal" (which I obviously want to avoid at all costs!). I won't have the medical exam results at the interview and I believe that will put me on AP. The thing is... I may be missing the following too:

- Police clearance certificates (both from my home country and another country where I lived some years back)
- Birth certificate
- Affidavit of support (although my own funds should be enough to prove I won't be a public charge)

Will not presenting these documents at the interview result in a refusal? Or will I simply be put on AP (which I'm expecting anyway because of the medical results)?

I am the derivative and my spouse should have every document on his end (except the affidavit).

Thank you!

That's an awful lot of stuff to be missing, anyway they should put you on AP. If your spouse has everything they may issue his visa and leave you on AP, or they may ask if he wants to wait so you get issued together - but remember that the expiry of the visas is linked to the medical so his will expire sooner than yours anyway by the sounds of it.

That's an awful lot of stuff to be missing, anyway they should put you on AP. If your spouse has everything they may issue his visa and leave you on AP, or they may ask if he wants to wait so you get issued together - but remember that the expiry of the visas is linked to the medical so his will expire sooner than yours anyway by the sounds of it.
When you say it´s an awful lot to be missing... does it mean I could get a Refusal on the spot? :confused:

When you say it´s an awful lot to be missing... does it mean I could get a Refusal on the spot? :confused:

No, they won't give you a refusal immediately unless you actually have a disqualifying factor. It doesn't make you look very well prepared though, and given the number of things you need to wait for your AP could drag on a while. Having myself been lacking one document at interview (due to a strike in our police records department) I can say that you should also be aware that they do not immediately act on your documents once you do submit them, either. Took over a week for me, I've seen reports of a few weeks in some of the busier embassies too. So if it takes you a few weeks to get your missing documents organized and possibly another few weeks for the CO to issue the visa, you could be waiting quite a while...all the while the clock ticking on your husband's visa expiry date, which does reduce your flexibility.

There are one or two embassies which won't actually let you in for the interview without medical records but they are the exception.

No, they won't give you a refusal immediately unless you actually have a disqualifying factor. It doesn't make you look very well prepared though, and given the number of things you need to wait for your AP could drag on a while. Having myself been lacking one document at interview (due to a strike in our police records department) I can say that you should also be aware that they do not immediately act on your documents once you do submit them, either. Took over a week for me, I've seen reports of a few weeks in some of the busier embassies too. So if it takes you a few weeks to get your missing documents organized and possibly another few weeks for the CO to issue the visa, you could be waiting quite a while...all the while the clock ticking on your husband's visa expiry date, which does reduce your flexibility.

There are one or two embassies which won't actually let you in for the interview without medical records but they are the exception.
Thanks Susie! I'll try my best to get at least some of these documents.

Hi every body in this After received notification that my interview will be on third July I noticed that I miss selected the country of birth for one of my family members when I am filling the DS260, I do not know whether this will disqualify me or not even the country of birth is true in some part of our forms ? is it possible to ask KCC to let me modify the DS260 in this part?

Hi every body in this After received notification that my interview will be on third July I noticed that I miss selected the country of birth for one of my family members when I am filling the DS260, I do not know whether this will disqualify me or not even the country of birth is true in some part of our forms ? is it possible to ask KCC to let me modify the DS260 in this part?

Is your country of birth, as selectee, correct? If so that's the critical one.

Once you're scheduled for interview you don't have access to change the DS260 anymore.

Is your country of birth, as selectee, correct? If so that's the critical one.

Once you're scheduled for interview you don't have access to change the DS260 anymore.

when I am filling the form of one of my children I miss selected her mother's country of birth and the country that I selected is the country above our country in the selection column but the country of birth for all my family members is correct just in this part, is this may deny me and family members to get visa? do you think it is better to call and ask the embassy about this matter ?

when I am filling the form of one of my children I miss selected her mother's country of birth and the country that I selected is the country above our country in the selection column but the country of birth for all my family members is correct just in this part, is this may deny me and family members to get visa? do you think it is better to call and ask the embassy about this matter ?

Susie already answered you on this. It's not a big deal, it will not lead to a denial - your place of birth as the selectee is what matters. But you should still make the correction on your child's form when you go for the interview - you want to make sure her immigration records are correct.

Hello,

I know this is specific to the AOS, but mine is consular. Please direct me to the consular if there is a separate thread for it..

This is my query, I have an consular interview scheduled for DV 2017, how do I pay the fees of 330/person, is it to be paid during the interview?

Can I take a demand draft to the interview, if yes in favour of whom? My interview is scheduled in Mumbai for June 5th, please advsie.

Hello,

I know this is specific to the AOS, but mine is consular. Please direct me to the consular if there is a separate thread for it..

This is my query, I have an consular interview scheduled for DV 2017, how do I pay the fees of 330/person, is it to be paid during the interview?

Can I take a demand draft to the interview, if yes in favour of whom? My interview is scheduled in Mumbai for June 5th, please advsie.

General advice for CP is to check your embassy website. It is paid at the embassy, usually cash (local currency or USD) or credit card, but some embassies have different procedures and indeed Indian embassies/consulates do:

https://in.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

Required immigrant visa fees may be paid at the Embassy or Consulate in cash (in U.S. dollar or Indian Rupee) or by a rupee bank draft drawn on a nationalized or foreign bank. The bank draft must be issued in the name of “The American Embassy, New Delhi”, and should be payable in Delhi OR in the name of “U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai” and should be payable in Mumbai. The U.S. Consulate General, Mumbai also accepts credit card payments for immigrant visa fees.

As the consular rate of exchange can change, check the current consular rate of exchange here the day prior to your interview to obtain the current consular rate of exchange. Please note that visa fees are not refundable.

Hi
which form I have to bring at interview W-2 or 1040 to gurrantee that I will not be a public charge?

Hi
which form I have to bring at interview W-2 or 1040 to gurrantee that I will not be a public charge?

You need an I-134, a W-2 or 1040 is one of the supporting documents for the I-134. The one you need depends on if your sponsor is employed by someone else or self employed, your sponsor will know the right one.

Hello,
We finally got our visas me and my husband after two weeks of AP, I want to thank you so much for your help!
I have a question: I am the principal applicant, however I cant travel to the US during this 6 months deadline of the visa, can my husband be the first one to enter the US even if he is a derivative and not the principal applicant?