• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2018 DV Winners Meet Here!

one thing worries me i have posted it my concerns to britsimonsays he assured me i am good to go ..but i like to here exprince from Ethiopian friends
my worries my 10 and 12 grade certificates first name is like this "xxABExxx" but my degree /edv/ds-260/birth certificate/passport is "xxAEBxxx" letter e in different position .. while i submit my edv i sent considering my higher education degree..i try to change my certificates but they will not allow to change easily..please any one how has same issued advice
case num =12xxx
ds submited date =june 9
EXPECTED INTERVIEW date ???.....if i have time i work hard and pay cos sharing to get my official degree coz i am holding laminated temorary degree..
:) ...all things will be done according to what GOD plan for me...:)
I I think you can correct it by going to
National Educational Assessment and Examination Agency located 4 Kilo one thing i have learned from my experience so far is go and ask no one have better information than the concerned body,i am sure it possible.

today is the second time i ask fro spelling correcting at national education assessment agency they denied me quickly what i notice is that whenever i ask..they replay
"is it for DV it will not create problems we will authenticate it " one thing i found today i think after we gave our original documents at interview day in the morning they take the documents and go to national education assessment agency ..(us embassy is so close to the agency)..what worries me is at interview date i may put IN AP suspecting fro duplicate entry(because of my name spelling differ in my educational documents) .i didn't submit duplicate entry..BUT it worries me so much
offff.i after i see the 1NL .so much troubles of thinking..this may happen or this,ARE WE GOING TO HEAVEN

today is the second time i ask fro spelling correcting at national education assessment agency they denied me quickly what i notice is that whenever i ask..they replay
"is it for DV it will not create problems we will authenticate it " one thing i found today i think after we gave our original documents at interview day in the morning they take the documents and go to national education assessment agency ..(us embassy is so close to the agency)..what worries me is at interview date i may put IN AP suspecting fro duplicate entry(because of my name spelling differ in my educational documents) .i didn't submit duplicate entry..BUT it worries me so much
offff.i after i see the 1NL .so much troubles of thinking..this may happen or this,ARE WE GOING TO HEAVEN

Education documents are not verification of identification. It will only be a problem if your birth certificate and/or passport are different from your entry. However if you want to keep ignoring what everyone is telling you about this and stress .... then you'll just have to wait till your interview yo see for yourself.

Education documents are not verification of identification. It will only be a problem if your birth certificate and/or passport are different from your entry. However if you want to keep ignoring what everyone is telling you about this and stress .... then you'll just have to wait till your interview yo see for yourself.
thank you susie it just part of who i am i just keep stressing from my childhood even for tiny things

Hey guys, I just wanted to know if any one knew about authentication process from regions, i.e KILIL,esp.from oromiya?

You know guys, I want to share my emotions about when I first knew I have been selected.
It starts with some sort of crisis in life. I was supposed to be most successful one from my village (based on my early educational achievement).
Joined University, further education and employed. Here comes the problem I started dating one of my dream girl and her family they sack (reach in poor in attitude), my salary sacks!,my parents still expect from me, I also take part in one of local well-fare org, my personality...the, theBosses, and of course their are lots of annoying factors... with all these personal, social and mainly economical crisis , finally came to conclusion that WESTERN is my answer, start to digging my options, Scholarships, Short trainings,...and DV lottery primarily due to the advice from my girl friend it was my first time.
On the night of the announcement phoned my girl and talled her am waiting for the announcement, she loughed and talled me things don't work that way & adviced me to sleep. Guess what just like a person I have appointed to meet, I start to wait preparing my entry form, since mid night started checking, doesn't work, checked again and again...At 3:45 AM BINGO! the funny part it was only the beginning of a long process,have lost significant weight, spend more on web looking for any updates...All this for a chance that came on a lottery and don't know what if things don't work as I imagined. No one knows but this chance we got guys,it is one in a million for me I will do everything I can not to ruin it. GOOD LUCK!

Hey guys, I just wanted to know if any one knew about authentication process from regions, i.e KILIL,esp.from oromiya?

You know guys, I want to share my emotions about when I first knew I have been selected.
It starts with some sort of crisis in life. I was supposed to be most successful one from my village (based on my early educational achievement).
Joined University, further education and employed. Here comes the problem I started dating one of my dream girl and her family they sack (reach in poor in attitude), my salary sacks!,my parents still expect from me, I also take part in one of local well-fare org, my personality...the, theBosses, and of course their are lots of annoying factors... with all these personal, social and mainly economical crisis , finally came to conclusion that WESTERN is my answer, start to digging my options, Scholarships, Short trainings,...and DV lottery primarily due to the advice from my girl friend it was my first time.
On the night of the announcement phoned my girl and talled her am waiting for the announcement, she loughed and talled me things don't work that way & adviced me to sleep. Guess what just like a person I have appointed to meet, I start to wait preparing my entry form, since mid night started checking, doesn't work, checked again and again...At 3:45 AM BINGO! the funny part it was only the beginning of a long process,have lost significant weight, spend more on web looking for any updates...All this for a chance that came on a lottery and don't know what if things don't work as I imagined. No one knows but this chance we got guys,it is one in a million for me I will do everything I can not to ruin it. GOOD LUCK!
Congrats we will see our destiny..and GOOD LUCK TO YOU TOO

hey i submitted both my father and mother DOB andd place unknown because they don't have passport or birth certificate and when i ask they just give me guessing a year and moth should i request unlock ds-260 and add something

hey i submitted both my father and mother DOB andd place unknown because they don't have passport or birth certificate and when i ask they just give me guessing a year and moth should i request unlock ds-260 and add something

If you don't have the information what could you possibly add to the DS260?

If you don't have the information what could you possibly add to the DS260?
i was thinking to add what they guess but my main worrier is does it lead me to trouble in my interview may be CO ask how does you don't know your parents DOB ...i am just clearing all things that raise questions in my mind and want to concentrate my work here .i am working my own business here and i am hurting a little my business about thinking of things ..again thanks SusieQQQ

i was thinking to add what they guess but my main worrier is does it lead me to trouble in my interview may be CO ask how does you don't know your parents DOB ...i am just clearing all things that raise questions in my mind and want to concentrate my work here .i am working my own business here and i am hurting a little my business about thinking of things ..again thanks SusieQQQ

I honestly wouldn't "guess" anything, just leave blank if you don't know. And you know, it's not so unusual especially in places like Africa to not know these exact things. My husband's birth certificate does not have his parents' birthdates on it, only their ages when he was born.

Hey Guys have been running through my DS-260 file for possible mistakes and so far this are my concerns
1. I used my phone to complete the form, could there be a problem?
2.wrote my place of birth address like this
1.city -Awasa
2.state-SNNPR
3Ethiopia, is there any problem for using abbreviations. Just your comments. Thanks!

Hey kume, what I did was ,just wrote what they think was write and that should be it for the future and one of my friend told me the information regarding parents should be the same for the other siblings (brothers and sisters) and make sure no one has filed about them before. The easiest way to cross check the above problems is by checking the family document while you take your birth certificate.

Hey kume, what I did was ,just wrote what they think was write and that should be it for the future and one of my friend told me the information regarding parents should be the same for the other siblings (brothers and sisters) and make sure no one has filed about them before. The easiest way to cross check the above problems is by checking the family document while you take your birth certificate.
No one didn't fill their DOB before and i am not going to unlock for this and your place of birth is correct writting my family place of birth i put SNNPR FOR state and city unknown

No one didn't fill their DOB before and i am not going to unlock for this and your place of birth is correct writting my family place of birth i put SNNPR FOR state and city unknown[/QUO
You are right, I agree with your decisio, but if you unlock for other reasons...

Good luck to you too long journey ahead.

Hey GUYS this is my opinion regarding Supreme Court's decision on the travel ban,
Though our country is not on the ban list I fear for the future regarding DV. Indeed “TRUMP’S government “having Supreme Court on his side they might find indirect means for stoping DV (eg making much tougher eligibility criteria, etc) anyways let’s hope for the better future and am really sorry for those affected by ban. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

won as single got married i added my wife to ds260 currently filling DS260 form i have this questions
1.we don't live together because currently we can't afford it so does it create problem if we have different current address?
2.i have university degree and almost four years work experience i am the principal applicant but my wife didn't finish high school and she was employed in the men barber shop for 3 years but can't prove with document do we need sponsor support /AOS?
3.Is your Mailing Address the same as your Present Address? what does this mean ?

won as single got married i added my wife to ds260 currently filling DS260 form i have this questions
1.we don't live together because currently we can't afford it so does it create problem if we have different current address?
2.i have university degree and almost four years work experience i am the principal applicant but my wife didn't finish high school and she was employed in the men barber shop for 3 years but can't prove with document do we need sponsor support /AOS?
3.Is your Mailing Address the same as your Present Address? what does this mean ?

1. They will look at your marriage as suspicious because it happened after selection. You will need to bring proof that it is a genuine marriage and genuine relationship. Living at different addresses will certainly not help the case.
2. Her education doesn't matter as you are the selectee.
3. Mailing address is where you receive mail, not everyone receives mail at their present street address (some people have po boxes for example). If you receive mail at your present address then it's the same thing,