N600 interview asking for passport or any document relating to entry to US

Edt26

One of the documents asked on my interview letter ask me for that and i dont have anything but my DACA im sooo worried they will deny it due to not having a GC if thats what they mean by documents relating my entry to United States

One of the documents asked on my interview letter ask me for that and i dont have anything but my DACA im sooo worried they will deny it due to not having a GC if thats what they mean by documents relating my entry to United States
N-600 is for people who are already US citizens. So how did you become a citizen? Were you a permanent resident living in the US with a US citizen parent while you were under 18? Did you turn in your GC when you applied for your US passport and they didn't give it back?

N-600 is for people who are already US citizens. So how did you become a citizen? Were you a permanent resident living in the US with a US citizen parent while you were under 18? Did you turn in your GC when you applied for your US passport and they didn't give it back?
No my dad just filed for us never had a GC or passport

I don't really understand. Your dad "filed" what for you?
Sorry ... my dad is a US citizen at birth he is not naturalized i just dont know why he never got me my citizenship also ... so now that he finally did i got my interview letter 5 months after and in the letter one of the things it asks me to take is that passport pr any documents relating to my entry to US

Sorry ... my dad is a US citizen at birth he is not naturalized i just dont know why he never got me my citizenship also ... so now that he finally did i got my interview letter 5 months after and in the letter one of the things it asks me to take is that passport pr any documents relating to my entry to US
If you are claiming to be a citizen from birth, then how you entered the US is not really relevant. That is only relevant for people who derived citizenship from a parent after birth. (Also in that case I'm wondering why you didn't just apply for a US passport directly rather than fork out so much money for a Certificate of Citizenship.)

p.s. You were born in wedlock, right?

Last edited:
If you are claiming to be a citizen from birth, then how you entered the US is not really relevant. That is only relevant for people who derived citizenship from a parent after birth. (Also in that case I'm wondering why you didn't just apply for a US passport directly rather than fork out so much money for a Certificate of Citizenship.)

p.s. You were born in wedlock, right?
No i was born aboard my dad is a US citizen he brought me in to the US before turning two but i never got GC or passport nothing what so ever he just says that when he got to the port of entry he said i was his daughter and let him go and yes i was born in wedlock

In order for you to be a citizen right now, either you were a citizen from birth, or you acquired citizenship as a minor.

You would be a citizen from birth if you were born abroad in wedlock to one US citizen parent and one alien parent, and your US citizen parent was physically present in the US for a cumulative total of 5 years, including 2 after he turned 14 (if you were born after 1986), or physically present in the US for a cumulative total of 10 years, including 5 after he turned 14 (if you were born before 1986).

In order for you to have acquired citizenship as a minor without knowing about it, the only way is if you were a permanent resident under 18 living in the US with a US citizen parent. Since you never got permanent residency, this is not possible. So if you are claiming to be a US citizen, you must be claiming to be a US citizen from birth (as explained above).

Also, no matter how you became a US citizen, as a citizen, you can apply for a US passport at any time. That is why I am wondering why you don't just apply for a passport, which is cheap and fast, rather than paying more than a thousand dollars to file N-600 for the Certificate of Citizenship.

In order for you to be a citizen right now, either you were a citizen from birth, or you acquired citizenship as a minor.

You would be a citizen from birth if you were born abroad in wedlock to one US citizen parent and one alien parent, and your US citizen parent was physically present in the US for a cumulative total of 5 years, including 2 after he turned 14 (if you were born after 1986), or physically present in the US for a cumulative total of 10 years, including 5 after he turned 14 (if you were born before 1986).

In order for you to have acquired citizenship as a minor without knowing about it, the only way is if you were a permanent resident under 18 living in the US with a US citizen parent. Since you never got permanent residency, this is not possible. So if you are claiming to be a US citizen, you must be claiming to be a US citizen from birth (as explained above).

Also, no matter how you became a US citizen, as a citizen, you can apply for a US passport at any time. That is why I am wondering why you don't just apply for a passport, which is cheap and fast, rather than paying more than a thousand dollars to file N-600 for the Certificate of Citizenship.
Can you apply for a passport outside of the United States?

Yeah you can apply anywhere. The consulate in Frankfurt at least does not ask for proof of residency or any such thing. Just an address.