• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 OC Selectees

Oh thank you !!! Does give me hope
Praying for a super low number next time

Looking forward to seeing the amount of people selected overall just as an idea for this year

It may have changed, but the odds of an OC entrant getting selected were ~6%. Those are really good odds. Some regions are <1%.

Hi, everyone!
Thanks to this forum. I am selected in DV-2018 and my case number 2018EU0003xxxx. I have some questions related to DV-260 form.
1. In my first application when I applied for DV lottery I mentioned the place of birth as it indicated in my civil passport ( it showed as the city, but it is region); however, on the birth certificate that noted the precise place of birth such as, a small village. Should I fill in DV-260 form and indicate that as in my birth certificate or it could be a problem because the information will be different compared to my entry application?
2.If I recently unlocked the file DV-260 for some corrections, how long can I do any revisions and when can I finally resubmit this form?
3. Is the copy of civil passport required for interview, or it depends on the place of interview? We are recently in Australia (but not permanent residents and we are holding 2 passports civil and foreign EU), so our interview we are expecting in this country.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi, everyone!
Thanks to this forum. I am selected in DV-2018 and my case number 2018EU0003xxxx. I have some questions related to DV-260 form.
1. In my first application when I applied for DV lottery I mentioned the place of birth as it indicated in my civil passport ( it showed as the city, but it is region); however, on the birth certificate that noted the precise place of birth such as, a small village. Should I fill in DV-260 form and indicate that as in my birth certificate or it could be a problem because the information will be different compared to my entry application?
2.If I recently unlocked the file DV-260 for some corrections, how long can I do any revisions and when can I finally resubmit this form?
3. Is the copy of civil passport required for interview, or it depends on the place of interview? We are recently in Australia (but not permanent residents and we are holding 2 passports civil and foreign EU), so our interview we are expecting in this country.
Thank you!

1. Enter it accurately.
2. You could keep it unlocked for a few months if yiou want, because your case number means an interview won't happen until nearly a year from now.
3. Take all documents to the interview.

Thanks Britsimon for that advise. I 'm a little worried about DV 260 form. I remember seeing somewhere that the information in DV 260 form should be the same as in the first application for DV lottery. May you please advise shall I use place of my birth as it mentioned in my civil passport as well as in my first application for DV lottery or I need provide information as it is in my birth certificate? For instance, in civil passport:
Region-Alfa, city-Alfa.(that indication I don't know why, but I filled like that in my first entry application ) ; however,
In birth certificate: Region-Alfa, village-Beta.
Can I apply in my DV Aplication like that: Region-Alfa, City- Alfa, Beta ?
Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Thanks Britsimon for that advise. I 'm a little worried about DV 260 form. I remember seeing somewhere that the information in DV 260 form should be the same as in the first application for DV lottery. May you please advise shall I use place of my birth as it mentioned in my civil passport as well as in my first application for DV lottery or I need provide information as it is in my birth certificate? For instance, in civil passport:
Region-Alfa, city-Alfa.(that indication I don't know why, but I filled like that in my first entry application ) ; however,
In birth certificate: Region-Alfa, village-Beta.
Can I apply in my DV Aplication like that: Region-Alfa, City- Alfa, Beta ?
Thank you in advance

YOu are overthinking this. The town is in the city, and the city is in the region - right - so you have nothing to worry about as they are all the same place whether you choose region, city or town.

Hi Everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster.

First, thank you to all contributors for the wealth of info here!

A bit late to the party this year and only just checked my entry this past weekend. To my shock/surprise/delight/disbelief I was selected with an OC6XX case number which I am pretty chuffed with. As such, I’m assuming I probably need to get cracking on that DS260, yes?

Apologies if this is an obvious/silly/previously answered question. I have done a lot of reading over the past few days, so am somewhat overwhelmed, but ---
As I have a (unmarried at the present) partner to consider, and haven’t been able to find a definite answer after trawling these forums and much Googling, does anyone know if there are any conditions placed upon the spousal green card or if it would essentially be the same as mine (i.e. permission to work, timeframe, etc)? I do understand if you petition for a partner post-green card it’s a lengthier, more complicated, more expensive process.

As a lawful permanent resident, you can petition for a spouse that you are married to. That process takes two years. They have all the same rights as you do as an LPR.

There is no other way to petition for a partner as an LPR other than via marriage.

Honestly, you are better off marrying and then submitting the DS260 as a married couple.

Hi Everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster.

First, thank you to all contributors for the wealth of info here!

A bit late to the party this year and only just checked my entry this past weekend. To my shock/surprise/delight/disbelief I was selected with an OC6XX case number which I am pretty chuffed with. As such, I’m assuming I probably need to get cracking on that DS260, yes?

Apologies if this is an obvious/silly/previously answered question. I have done a lot of reading over the past few days, so am somewhat overwhelmed, but ---
As I have a (unmarried at the present) partner to consider, and haven’t been able to find a definite answer after trawling these forums and much Googling, does anyone know if there are any conditions placed upon the spousal green card or if it would essentially be the same as mine (i.e. permission to work, timeframe, etc)? I do understand if you petition for a partner post-green card it’s a lengthier, more complicated, more expensive process.

The greencard of your spouse is identical with full rights (except the winner is "DV1" and spouse is "DV2" but it's just trivia really)

Sponsoring your spouse after getting the greencard could take a looong time + $. Better to get married fast vegas-style then submit your DS260 as married.

Just wanting some help. I have an existing visa waiver due to expire feb 2018 and I have submitted my DS260. My case number is 24XX so not likely to get an interview but I am traveling to New York Boxing Day 2017 any idea if I need to update anyone before hand about submitting the DS260 or declare it at any stage bit worried I will get there and have troubles

Just wanting some help. I have an existing visa waiver due to expire feb 2018 and I have submitted my DS260. My case number is 24XX so not likely to get an interview but I am traveling to New York Boxing Day 2017 any idea if I need to update anyone before hand about submitting the DS260 or declare it at any stage bit worried I will get there and have troubles

You shouldn't have any issues. I'm in the same boat as you - I've been to the US twice on my visa waiver since submitting my DS260 and I didn't have any problems whatsoever.

My thoughts - too many people have been selected and it's going to be a long year.

Britsimon's thoughts:
'can't post link'

Yep this quote is also looking grim:
"OC for instance is massively over selected – with case numbers up to OC26XX. In DV2015 the highest OC case number to get interviewed was 1489. So – there is obviously many OC cases that won’t be getting a chance for an interview."

Any idea what an estimated derivative rate for OC would be?

Yep this quote is also looking grim:
"OC for instance is massively over selected – with case numbers up to OC26XX. In DV2015 the highest OC case number to get interviewed was 1489. So – there is obviously many OC cases that won’t be getting a chance for an interview."

Any idea what an estimated derivative rate for OC would be?

Around 1.6 or a little higher.

OC is pretty easy to understand.

We know the max case is around 2600 (based on feedback).
We know the disqualification rate for OC is about 7% or a little less (based on recent years).
Assume the derivative rate is 1.6. (based on recent years).

So - 2600 case numbers, of which 7% get disqualified would give 2418 cases.

2418 x 1.6 = 3868 which works out pretty darn spot on to the 3863 they announced.