• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

Vacations don't break residency. You were there for a year, so get a police certificate.
Thanks for quick reply. By the way, do we need to mail confirmation page from DS 260 to KCC this year or any other forms? I remember my friend sent it last year, but I did not see anything in the instructions for 2018. Thanks

I have some upcoming international travels (not to USA). When I've filled out DS-260, I haven't included those countries normally. But I wonder, will I have to unlock DS-260 to include those countries? I feel it's trivial but I would like to learn from your experience. Thanks in advance.

I have some upcoming international travels (not to USA). When I've filled out DS-260, I haven't included those countries normally. But I wonder, will I have to unlock DS-260 to include those countries? I feel it's trivial but I would like to learn from your experience. Thanks in advance.
If you stay more then six month then you have to mention those countries. Otherwise officer will see your passport

Last edited:
Thanks for quick reply. By the way, do we need to mail confirmation page from DS 260 to KCC this year or any other forms? I remember my friend sent it last year, but I did not see anything in the instructions for 2018. Thanks

There was no requirement to mail in the DS260 confirmation page to KCC last year, and there isn't any such requirement this year either.

Hi everyone, thanks for the great source of info. I am one of the 2018 lucky winners, EU3*** CN. For police certificates, I went to country X as a university student in 2004 September and stayed there till June 2005. In June went home for summer and then returned in July and stayed till Sept 2005. In September 2005 dropped out of university and returned home. In total, I was in country X for 350 days. Do I need a police certificate from there? Thanks in advance.

Technically no - but get one anyway as the CO could ask.

No one has to mail anything since they introduced DS260. Only in the days of the old DS230, when the entire form was mailed.

When I go to check my DS260 my given names are in a different order on the first page than in my DS260 application.
My name is in the correct order according to my passport in the DS260 but perhaps not in my initial application for the lottery.

Do you think I should contact the KCC about this so there's no confusion at the interview?

hello, please i will like to know if there is a date limit to fill in the DS-260 form?? process for passeport in my country takes more than a month, so can't fill the form without a passeport

hello, please i will like to know if there is a date limit to fill in the DS-260 form?? process for passeport in my country takes more than a month, so can't fill the form without a passeport

There's no time limit, however we tell people to not wait past next May before submitting the form.

By the way you definitely can submit the form now while waiting for your passport. You'll select other travel documents option and submit the form. When you get your passport, you email KCC to unlock your form and you update it with your passport information.

Where on DS-260 you have to list travels, other than previous U.S. trips?

I think he may have been referring to needing police certificates, but the requirement is for stays of 12, not 6 months (unless that is where you are curretuy residing then it is 6 months).

The visa bulletin for July 2017 is available. I computed selectee totals for DV2018 manually, if I didn't make any mistakes, then the number of selectess are:

AF 48692
AS 15997
EU 41706
NA 15
OC 3863
SA 4995

Total 115268

The visa bulletin for July 2017 is available. I computed selectee totals for DV2018 manually, if I didn't make any mistakes, then the number of selectess are:

AF 48692
AS 15997
EU 41706
NA 15
OC 3863
SA 4995

Total 115268
Exactly like DV2015. More than probable there will be no "current" status next year.