• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Administrative Process (AP) Cases

Hi brit
Well u see i had with me during the interview my original certificate and the translation copy and its mention the place and block.. even my passport is mentioned born in kuwait
Also i submit to the medical center all the vaccinations i did after i was born directly
My family got me a sudanese birth certificate in that time also mentioned kuwait place of born i didnt took it with me as i thought not needed
Other thing that i can do is get new birth certificate from here and send it to the embassy
But im sure hes not totaly focus about it..... all what he was pointing the mistake that i did according to him during my registration
And in the refusal letter it's written "confirmation page from registration for DV lottery to verify if you entered the correct FSC kuwait and not FSC sudan at time of registration "

The FSC is shown on the 1NL - do you have that?

Hi all again
this was a fast and unexpected!
today morning 6:50am i received a call from the consular who interviewed me yesterday teelin me they've checked with the kcc office about the country of birth that I choose during my registration and they found out its correct along with the informations that i put and hes ready to issuing me the visa.. he ask me to deliver back the passport to the embassy by 1pm which i did
after i came back i've checked my visa status its like "Administrative Processing - Case Last Updated: 24-May-2017"
during the phone conversation he told me it will take 7 days to get the visa
even though i start my day in a best way... but im still freakin out and wont relax till i receive my passport
and even im thinking that call phone was real or it was jus dreaming bcz when i went to the embassy seems like nobody know anything and they told me they will call me for any update

Hi all again
today morning 6:50am i received a call from the consular who interviewed me yesterday teelin me they've checked with the kcc office about the country of birth that I choose during my registration and they found out its correct along with the informations that i put and hes ready to issuing me the visa.. he ask me to deliver back the passport to the embassy by 1pm which i did
after i came back i've checked my visa status its like "Administrative Processing - Case Last Updated: 24-May-2017"
even though i start my day in a best way... but im still freakin out and wont relax till i receive my passport
and even im thinking that call phone was real or it was jus dreaming bcz when i went to the embassy seems like nobody know anything and they told me they will call me for any update

That's good news! Relax, you'll get your passport back with the visa in it. There's no need going to check with the embassy in person since you wouldn't get to see the IO in charge of your case, so it makes sense that any other person you speak with wouldn't know anything about what is going on with your case.

Hi all again

Excellent news! Let us know when it's "issued" :) (approved visas are also listed as AP between interview and issued...)

That's good news! Relax, you'll get your passport back with the visa in it. There's no need going to check with the embassy in person since you wouldn't get to see the IO in charge of your case, so it makes sense that any other person you speak with wouldn't know anything about what is going on with your case.
hope that...keep my fingers crossed

Hi all again

Easy peasy.

here we go again..
today morning 10am i've received a call from the embassy to come and collect my passport by 1pm:eek:
i got suspicious is it possible they finished that fast!! then i checked my visa status online i found it changed to "At NVC" and yesterday was "AP"
11:30am i've received an email from the consular section ask me to submit my passport as they want to issue the visa to me before end of this month:confused::confused:!!
that moment i laughed :D and realized something strange going on there:D i replied that i've already submit my passport yesterday by 2pm and i send them the receipt number of the passport:rolleyes:.. even i told them someone from the embassy called me this mornin to collect my passporto_O:oops:
12:50 i received another email from the consular section that my passport along with the visa package are ready for collection:cool:
i went to the embassy ... i gave them the receipt:confused:
v
v
v
and they gave me back the passport and the whole package :);)
finally this high mind pressure finished!!! 1 year and 3 weeks
still i feel something might still happened and shouldn't relax till i land there and get everything done..... but in the moment i can be happy that all my efforts been awarded today:D

here we go again..
today morning 10am i've received a call from the embassy to come and collect my passport by 1pm:eek:
i got suspicious is it possible they finished that fast!! then i checked my visa status online i found it changed to "At NVC" and yesterday was "AP"
11:30am i've received an email from the consular section ask me to submit my passport as they want to issue the visa to me before end of this month:confused::confused:!!
that moment i laughed :D and realized something strange going on there:D i replied that i've already submit my passport yesterday by 2pm and i send them the receipt number of the passport:rolleyes:.. even i told them someone from the embassy called me this mornin to collect my passporto_O:oops:
12:50 i received another email from the consular section that my passport along with the visa package are ready for collection:cool:
i went to the embassy ... i gave them the receipt:confused:
v
v
v
and they gave me back the passport and the whole package :);)
finally this high mind pressure finished!!! 1 year and 3 weeks
still i feel something might still happened and shouldn't relax till i land there and get everything done..... but in the moment i can be happy that all my efforts been awarded today:D

Awesome!! All the best for the move to the US :)

Re "something might happen", quite frankly as you have a Sudanese passport I'd suggest gong to activate your green card as soon as you can...before the travel ban gets back in the courts and just in case they may be able to ban countries again. You should be ok with an immigrant visa even if it does, but you'll be more secure the sooner you are a permanent resident.

Awesome!! All the best for the move to the US :)

Re "something might happen", quite frankly as you have a Sudanese passport I'd suggest gong to activate your green card as soon as you can...before the travel ban gets back in the courts and just in case they may be able to ban countries again. You should be ok with an immigrant visa even if it does, but you'll be more secure the sooner you are a permanent resident.

thanks a lot @SusieQQQ
yes thats exactly my worried ... im thinking to go next month to activate the GC and then comeback
frankly speaking im willing to move permanently to US by next year not before that .... and during the year i'll keep visiting US for some days

Hello every one. After 6 months of AP processing I got cleared and get may visa last week. I am an Iranian. On 12 June the supreme court will hear the appeal on travel ban and all those stories you know. My question is that now that i got my visa should I hurry and travel to US before this date and Is it possible the ruling in favor of EO affect my case ?

Hello every one. After 6 months of AP processing I got cleared and get may visa last week. I am an Iranian. On 12 June the supreme court will hear the appeal on travel ban and all those stories you know. My question is that now that i got my visa should I hurry and travel to US before this date and Is it possible the ruling in favor of EO affect my case ?

Previously, people such as you with unused immigrant visas were protected. But no one can guess the outcome of the appeals nor the impact, *IF* the EO is re-introduced.

Previously, people such as you with unused immigrant visas were protected. But no one can guess the outcome of the appeals nor the impact, *IF* the EO is re-introduced.

I agree with Simon. It may be over-cautious, but if I were in your place, I'd activate as soon as possible to gain the status of permanent resident.

I went for my interview in Dec 2016 and was placed on AP due to an error in the spelling of my name, the CO took all my originals and said id be called, but till now i still havent heard from the embassy yet. Is there any possibility id get my visa approved? ive had a couple of updates i know they are worthless though, but what could possible be keeping my case for that long

I went for my interview in Dec 2016 and was placed on AP due to an error in the spelling of my name, the CO took all my originals and said id be called, but till now i still havent heard from the embassy yet. Is there any possibility id get my visa approved? ive had a couple of updates i know they are worthless though, but what could possible be keeping my case for that long

Have you contacted the embassy?