• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 All Selectees

@Britsimon 1.When do you Think KCC will start reviewing the DS260 froms for Dv2018?
2. Brit on the Course of study for High school what should i type ? Academic or Just type High school ?

So submitting now or in January does not make a difference
This year my number got current in may

Yes your case would have been current this year in May - because the region went current. So - you have a good chance, but again - we don't have any reall data to be sure at this time. Selectee counts will be released in a couple of weeks, so we will know more then.

@Britsimon please do you any suggestions according to my situation?

1. Should we inform KCC about that mistake before we fill our DS-260 form or interview?
2. Is our number 2018EU26xxx safe for this region?

I would be very grateful for your answer :)

Thanks for this excellent source of information. The amount of new jargon to take in is a bit overwhelming for us first-time winners, so my apologies if my questions are just over-thinking.
I'm pleased to have been selected for 2018 as OC3XX. I qualify based on meeting the educational requirements. I'm assuming, from what I've researched on your excellent links, that with my low number, interviews will be November 2017-ish. (I'll be interviewing in London) My specific question is:
1. I have not been able to work for a year while recovering from surgery, but will be completing an MA from September 2017 until June 2018. Knowing the interview isn't until after October, can I list my current occupation on DS-260 as 'student', as that's what I will be then, or do I stick with my actual current occupation if I apply now, as the more-likely-to-be-harshly judged: Not Employed? (Or will it really not matter as much as I'm thinking it will matter?!)
2. Alternatively, can I risk waiting to submit the DS form until September? I don't mind when I actually travel to the US, and would be better to travel after my graduation anyway. I'm just more interested in confirming, will I miss out if I submit late?
Thanks for your help :)

Thanks for this excellent source of information. The amount of new jargon to take in is a bit overwhelming for us first-time winners, so my apologies if my questions are just over-thinking.
I'm pleased to have been selected for 2018 as OC3XX. I qualify based on meeting the educational requirements. I'm assuming, from what I've researched on your excellent links, that with my low number, interviews will be November 2017-ish. (I'll be interviewing in London) My specific question is:
1. I have not been able to work for a year while recovering from surgery, but will be completing an MA from September 2017 until June 2018. Knowing the interview isn't until after October, can I list my current occupation on DS-260 as 'student', as that's what I will be then, or do I stick with my actual current occupation if I apply now, as the more-likely-to-be-harshly judged: Not Employed? (Or will it really not matter as much as I'm thinking it will matter?!)
2. Alternatively, can I risk waiting to submit the DS form until September? I don't mind when I actually travel to the US, and would be better to travel after my graduation anyway. I'm just more interested in confirming, will I miss out if I submit late?

1. They don't judge you harshly - and you will be in Uni by the time of interview even if you submit now.
2. Given your situation, you would be wise to delay submission of the DS260. Delaying until September will delay your interview until March/April, and then you will have up to 6 months to enter the USA after that. There is no risk in that delay/strategy.

Like Simon already answered, there's no such thing as harshly judging anyone for being unemployed or out of school.

Also in addition to what he said, remember at the end of the form, you will be attesting and signing to the accuracy of the information you've put down. So whatever information you have in it should reflect your current status as at the time of submission.

1. They don't judge you harshly - and you will be in Uni by the time of interview even if you submit now.
2. Given your situation, you would be wise to delay submission of the DS260. Delaying until September will delay your interview until March/April, and then you will have up to 6 months to enter the USA after that. There is no risk in that delay/strategy.
Thanks so much for replying so promptly. I was wondering if the delay tactic would be the best option, so it's extremely reassuring to have that confirmed. Many thanks again.

Like Simon already answered, there's no such thing as harshly judging anyone for being unemployed or out of school.

Also in addition to what he said, remember at the end of the form, you will be attesting and signing to the accuracy of the information you've put down. So whatever information you have in it should reflect your current status as at the time of submission.
I greatly appreciate you reiterating that - it's what I thought, but it really helps to have it confirmed, and reassures me that making the decision to hold off submitting until I physically start my course is the best way to go. Thanks very much.

Hi,
i am selected for further processing,from Ghana and my CN is 2018AF00017xxx, can someone tell me whether my CN is high or low and also i have already submitted the Ds260 forms 15/05/2017,when should i expect to be interviewed?
Thank You.

Hi everyone!! A couple of questions if you don't mind:

1) My wife had her passport lost / stolen in France in the past few months (we live in France and hence plan to have our DV visa interviews here). This lost passport had a valid US B1/B2 visa. We reported immediately to the police and have our police report with us. We filled in our DS 260 form where it says "have you ever had a visa stolen", we choose "yes" and explained. But we never really reported to the US government to notify them and also haven't applied for a new tourist visa ever since. While we found a link for example in the US Embassy in London site in which they have an email address specifically aimed at being notified when a foreigner loses a passport with a valid US visa, we where not able to find a similar link at the French embassy. What should we do?

2) In the "previous travels to the US" section in the DS 260 form, if you have traveled through the US but only for changing planes over a few hours (say 2 hours), and then immediately changed to another plane and left the US, should it be considered a visit to the US on the section where they ask you to list your previous 5 US visits? If so, should you choose it was a 1 day visit? The fact is that in my case, if include these (which I did a couple of times), I would be leaving out some longer stays in the US which were indeed for vacationing just because those short connections were more recent.

Hi,
i am selected for further processing,from Ghana and my CN is 2018AF00017xxx, can someone tell me whether my CN is high or low and also i have already submitted the Ds260 forms 15/05/2017,when should i expect to be interviewed?
Thank You.

For AF that is a fairly low number. In past years that would have been a December or January interview.

Hi everyone!! A couple of questions if you don't mind:

1) My wife had her passport lost / stolen in France in the past few months (we live in France and hence plan to have our DV visa interviews here). This lost passport had a valid US B1/B2 visa. We reported immediately to the police and have our police report with us. We filled in our DS 260 form where it says "have you ever had a visa stolen", we choose "yes" and explained. But we never really reported to the US government to notify them and also haven't applied for a new tourist visa ever since. While we found a link for example in the US Embassy in London site in which they have an email address specifically aimed at being notified when a foreigner loses a passport with a valid US visa, we where not able to find a similar link at the French embassy. What should we do?

2) In the "previous travels to the US" section in the DS 260 form, if you have traveled through the US but only for changing planes over a few hours (say 2 hours), and then immediately changed to another plane and left the US, should it be considered a visit to the US on the section where they ask you to list your previous 5 US visits? If so, should you choose it was a 1 day visit? The fact is that in my case, if include these (which I did a couple of times), I would be leaving out some longer stays in the US which were indeed for vacationing just because those short connections were more recent.

1. Don't stress. Just mention it at the interview.
2. If you were only in transit and never crossed the border line to enter the US then it doesn't count as a visit.

Ohh and also forgot to ask, in the education institutions attended. Should you only include institutions for completed diplomas? Or should you also mention institutions you attended officially but never completed studies there and didn't obtain a diploma?

Ohh and also forgot to ask, in the education institutions attended. Should you only include institutions for completed diplomas? Or should you also mention institutions you attended officially but never completed studies there and didn't obtain a diploma?

Doesn't the question ask for all institutions attended?

Doesn't the question ask for all institutions attended?
Exactly what I thought. But my doubt was because they then go and ask you to type the diploma you obtained. I will just write NOT COMPLETED there or something right? Thank you for your response Susie

Hi everyone, thanks for the great source of info. I am one of the 2018 lucky winners, EU3*** CN. For police certificates, I went to country X as a university student in 2004 September and stayed there till June 2005. In June went home for summer and then returned in July and stayed till Sept 2005. In September 2005 dropped out of university and returned home. In total, I was in country X for 350 days. Do I need a police certificate from there? Thanks in advance.