• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 Kenya Selectees

Hi Sm1smon,
The sir name of my mum in my birth cert has a spelling mistake instead of Wangome it reads Wangombe can this raise a alarm.
What can i do ?

Hi Sm1smon,
The sir name of my mum in my birth cert has a spelling mistake instead of Wangome it reads Wangombe can this raise a alarm.
What can i do ?

Read the response below:

List your parents names correctly on the DS 260, that's the most important thing. Then if you like, get the registrar to issue you with an updated B/C with your mum's correct name - this will be significant in the future if you ever decide to sponsor your mum.

Hey am selectee from Uganda and we use the embassy in Nairobi so I need to know one thing do they ask for bank statements or sponsor papers in regards for not becoming a public charge at the Embassy in Kenya from the D.V selectee or not??.thanks in advance

The Nairobi Embassy does not ask for bank statements or sponsor's papers but will need a US address.

I noticed that my daughters name was misspelt on the initial DV lottery application. I've seen this as i started doing my DS260 today. I believe that maintaining the correct name on the DS260 will be sufficient. Hope i'll not be penalized for this. Or i'm i just being paranoid :-(

I noticed that my daughters name was misspelt on the initial DV lottery application. I've seen this as i started doing my DS260 today. I believe that maintaining the correct name on the DS260 will be sufficient. Hope i'll not be penalized for this. Or i'm i just being paranoid :-(

Write the name correctly on the DS260 form. You will not be penalized, your daughter isn't the main selectee.

Write the name correctly on the DS260 form. You will not be penalized, your daughter isn't the main selectee.
Glad to know that @Sm1smom :)
I have another query. For the Present and Previous Address Information, I am supposed to indicate places i have lived since i turned 16. Now, i have lived in more than 10 places but all in the same country. I have never lived outside Kenya. Should i indicate all these places? If so, i cannot remember the dates. I am thinking this only applies if you have lived outside the country of origin.

I have another query. For the Present and Previous Address Information, I am supposed to indicate places i have lived since i turned 16. Now, i have lived in more than 10 places but all in the same country. I have never lived outside Kenya. Should i indicate all these places? If so, i cannot remember the dates. I am thinking this only applies if you have lived outside the country of origin.

Does the field say provide previous addresses outside the country of origin? NO! So, answer the question according to what is asked.

It doesn't matter if they're all in the same country, or in 10 different countries - you're still required to list them all. You can guesstimate the dates.