• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Administrative Process (AP) Cases

hi all,

today i had my interview but unfortunately i got my visa reject

a mistake when i registered was enough to disqualify me from the green card

they show me my place of birth when i registered is not the same as DS-260 which is the correct one

even though my chargeability is correct when i registered ... still they found a non-matching informations

based on that i got my application refused

hi all,

today i had my interview but unfortunately i got my visa reject

a mistake when i registered was enough to disqualify me from the green card

they show me my place of birth when i registered is not the same as DS-260 which is the correct one

even though my chargeability is correct when i registered ... still they found a non-matching informations

based on that i got my application refused

Wow, sorry to hear that. Harsh decision. Which embassy was this at?

Wow, sorry to hear that. Harsh decision. Which embassy was this at?
it was kuwait embassy....they ask me to send any evidence or letter when i regiseterd which showing the country of birth
but i think u guyz know after u register u got only the confirmation number

I have a question, if for some reason or another you were denied the GC after wining the DV lottery, does that situation affect the pursue of residency and GC through other means (By marriage or something)?

I have a question, if for some reason or another you were denied the GC after wining the DV lottery, does that situation affect the pursue of residency and GC through other means (By marriage or something)?

Depends why you were refused. If it was an ineligibility for DV (like not having the right education or mistake in charging), no. Obviously if it is something that would affect any immigrant petition, like a criminal record, yes.

hi @SusieQQQ @Britsimon @Sm1smom i need an expert help from what happened with me today
as i mentioned before my application got reject today bcz of country of birth is different from the DS260 and passport but the chargeability is correct
the consular told me 95% of this mistake they got disqualify !!! then he explained to me bcz of this mistake i won as an Africa not Asia there is a number for asia and africa of winners like i took someone place.... he was suspecting that i cheat for that
but i replied to him i was maken sure the chargeability that i choosed is the place of born as i was aware about that matter... that could be enough to remove that idea
he ask me to bring any evidence to prove during my registration i choosed the correct one instead the one in his computer..... he even gave me a computer to get access to my mail and search for it if its possible but i told him the register letter in my computer
after that he start asken me the normal question of the interview like where u will stay? and u r going to stay with who? etc...
then he got suspect about my bank account!! as i submit 2 statements he think someone gave me a money to open an account for the interview.. but i answered him both of them are "deposit account" i made a second account bcz if i add money on it ill loose the interest that im getting each 6 month.. but he looked not convinced
in the end i received a white refusal paper under section 221g they want me to bring an evidence like he asked me otherwise will be disqualified
he told me there should be mention in the confirmation page of ur register the country of born and he want me ASAP to send it to him
now how could be possible to provide what i entered in 2015?
its not like the DS260 that i can review till now of what i put? once i click confirm its done i cant review it again

hi @SusieQQQ @Britsimon @Sm1smom i need an expert help from what happened with me today
as i mentioned before my application got reject today bcz of country of birth is different from the DS260 and passport but the chargeability is correct
the consular told me 95% of this mistake they got disqualify !!! then he explained to me bcz of this mistake i won as an Africa not Asia there is a number for asia and africa of winners like i took someone place.... he was suspecting that i cheat for that
but i replied to him i was maken sure the chargeability that i choosed is the place of born as i was aware about that matter... that could be enough to remove that idea
he ask me to bring any evidence to prove during my registration i choosed the correct one instead the one in his computer..... he even gave me a computer to get access to my mail and search for it if its possible but i told him the register letter in my computer
after that he start asken me the normal question of the interview like where u will stay? and u r going to stay with who? etc...
then he got suspect about my bank account!! as i submit 2 statements he think someone gave me a money to open an account for the interview.. but i answered him both of them are "deposit account" i made a second account bcz if i add money on it ill loose the interest that im getting each 6 month.. but he looked not convinced
in the end i received a white refusal paper under section 221g they want me to bring an evidence like he asked me otherwise will be disqualified
he told me there should be mention in the confirmation page of ur register the country of born and he want me ASAP to send it to him
now how could be possible to provide what i entered in 2015?
its not like the DS260 that i can review till now of what i put? once i click confirm its done i cant review it again

Can you confirm if you were an AF or an AS number, and where you were born?

i have the 1st letter and 2nd letter of winning mention the correct chargeability....even my case number mention AS as the correct one
i was born in kuwait

the only way is through the KCC they are the one who have that application.....do u think he want me to ask the kcc to send me a copy of what i filled during the registration and send it to him??

also another thing since the kcc have reviewed the DS260 and found out this mistake.... whey they still proceeding with interview and send it to the embassy

i mean i saw some denials bcz of medical reports, sponsors or education certificates which can be found during the interview.... not like my case in advance

the only way is through the KCC they are the one who have that application.....do u think he want me to ask the kcc to send me a copy of what i filled during the registration and send it to him??

also another thing since the kcc have reviewed the DS260 and found out this mistake.... whey they still proceeding with interview and send it to the embassy

i mean i saw some denials bcz of medical reports, sponsors or education certificates which can be found during the interview.... not like my case in advance

1. KCC don't deny cases or stop cases from interviewing.
2. KCC won't overrule an embassy/CO. It is for the CO/embassy alone to decide the case.

First, your case hasn't been finally refused - you have a 221(g) "refusal" which is actually AP. However it sounds like the CO was not satisfied with the credibility of the documents you presented. You need to present a Birth certificate showing place of birth in Kuwait - but that birth certificate should be "trustworthy". If the CO doubts the documents presented are genuine - they are entitled to reject the case.

I would actually recommend you take extra steps (with whatever you can) to build a credible history that supports your place of birth and your subsequent Sudanese citizenship.

1. KCC don't deny cases or stop cases from interviewing.
2. KCC won't overrule an embassy/CO. It is for the CO/embassy alone to decide the case.

First, your case hasn't been finally refused - you have a 221(g) "refusal" which is actually AP. However it sounds like the CO was not satisfied with the credibility of the documents you presented. You need to present a Birth certificate showing place of birth in Kuwait - but that birth certificate should be "trustworthy". If the CO doubts the documents presented are genuine - they are entitled to reject the case.

I would actually recommend you take extra steps (with whatever you can) to build a credible history that supports your place of birth and your subsequent Sudanese citizenship.
Hi brit
Well u see i had with me during the interview my original certificate and the translation copy and its mention the place and block.. even my passport is mentioned born in kuwait
Also i submit to the medical center all the vaccinations i did after i was born directly
My family got me a sudanese birth certificate in that time also mentioned kuwait place of born i didnt took it with me as i thought not needed
Other thing that i can do is get new birth certificate from here and send it to the embassy
But im sure hes not totaly focus about it..... all what he was pointing the mistake that i did according to him during my registration
And in the refusal letter it's written "confirmation page from registration for DV lottery to verify if you entered the correct FSC kuwait and not FSC sudan at time of registration "