• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Same photo from last year will be disqualified?

Hello abumiqdad, was wondering what was the education qualification you used? Would SPM meet the requirement?

Also, for the translated documents, did you use a professional translator?

Hello abumiqdad, was wondering what was the education qualification you used? Would SPM meet the requirement?

Also, for the translated documents, did you use a professional translator?

1. highest education i got is MSc, so i listed it along with my undergrad. If yours is just SPM, then list SPM.
2. luckily for me, all of my education certs are in English, so no translation needed. However, for translation, you can use ITBM http://itbm.com.my/ . I am not sure of their rate but i have used them for one of my certificates (which i do not think i included in application).

1. highest education i got is MSc, so i listed it along with my undergrad. If yours is just SPM, then list SPM.
2. luckily for me, all of my education certs are in English, so no translation needed. However, for translation, you can use ITBM http://itbm.com.my/ . I am not sure of their rate but i have used them for one of my certificates (which i do not think i included in application).

Yes the OP should list the SPM, it however does not meet the minimum educational requirements which I think is what the OP is trying to find out.

Ah thanks! but just to clarify, the highest Malaysian national qualification for you is SPM? Or did you do STPM before you did you MSc?

I did include my Masters in my application but was reading elsewhere that any further education not really matter, so thought I'd heck with other Malaysian applicants if they qualify using SPM.

Yes the OP should list the SPM, it however does not meet the minimum educational requirements which I think is what the OP is trying to find out.

Sorry that escapes me - i forgot there was an education requirement for DV (man i had forgotten most of the basic education/work requirements!) . You're Msian too @Sm1smom ? (i am quite new to this forum - and encountered this only after i had to research about my predicament. hehe)

@chadldn : highest Msian qualification was SPM. Then i did my undergrad. I've just checked the application i had made before, and i did not even list SPM (as my undergrand and post grad covered that bit).

Ah thanks! but just to clarify, the highest Malaysian national qualification for you is SPM? Or did you do STPM before you did you MSc?

I did include my Masters in my application but was reading elsewhere that any further education not really matter, so thought I'd heck with other Malaysian applicants if they qualify using SPM.

better list the highest education you had, SPM is just highschool diploma - it is not even up to A level standard (in terms of being recognized by international institutions).

Well then you should be fine if you have a Masters degree - you need to make sure you list it. You could have saved us all some time with all these back and fort writings :rolleyes:

Nope, not Malaysian. The guidance I provide is based on research.

cool, would not expect non-Malaysians to understand the SPM acronym .

Also, Ditto on your point above. But maybe OP wants to show if listing his SPM might make his/her application stronger.

Sincere apologies.

Appreciate all your time and effort in helping. It's just that the more I research the more aspects starts worrying. I'll bring ll my education certs along then. Again, many thanks for your replies guys.

cool, would not expect non-Malaysians to understand the SPM acronym .

Also, Ditto on your point above. But maybe OP wants to show if listing his SPM might make his/her application stronger.

No I don't believe the OP was trying to find out if listing SPM was going to make their case stronger. OP wanted to know if they meet the educational requirements with a SPM diploma. OP has another Thread we've been discussing on alongside of this by the way.

Guys am afraid since i got selected good number though in this dv2018, but i reused the photos for 2017.

should i continue spending money on this will i get disqualified by the CO.

Please advice ...........

Guys am afraid since i got selected good number though in this dv2018, but i reused the photos for 2017.

should i continue spending money on this will i get disqualified by the CO.

Please advice ...........

No one knows yet. The rules certainly state you will be disqualified. But as we have not started DV2018 yet we have had no interview experiences about this reported on.

Since my teen now-DV3 did not agree to pose for a photo back in October 2017 I re-cropped the one I used for the DV2017, since that was the newest passport style photo I had of my child. I have a low number (probably October interview) and I intend to make an application. I plan to let this forum know the outcome of my application.

Since my teen now-DV3 did not agree to pose for a photo back in October 2017 I re-cropped the one I used for the DV2017, since that was the newest passport style photo I had of my child. I have a low number (probably October interview) and I intend to make an application. I plan to let this forum know the outcome of my application.

I would expect them to be more strict about the principal applicant than a derivative - don't even know if they screen the derivative photos this way - but who knows. In the situation you describe, the possibility exists that the rest of you are approved but your teen isn't. (I'd be surprised if this is the actual outcome but technically it could happen.)

Well, both - obviously they put all submitted photos into a database, which the software then uses. The photo recognition software they use seem to be getting more sophisticated as time goes on.
For DV the main reason the software has been used for a few years now was to disqualify duplicate entries, but now they seem to be using it to ensure the photos are recent too. Obviously for wider purposes they can use it to pick up visa applications in fake names, etc.

People selected that used the same photos are disqualified forward in the process? The interview maybe?

People selected that used the same photos are disqualified forward in the process? The interview maybe?

We've yet to find out. First DV2018 interviews are only in October. It does seem that they have not been disqualified in the initial process, there are a few reports of people being selected using old photos.