• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

countdown to dv 2018 results

I'm going to assume I'm rejected based upon the fact my code isn't working. I did reuse last years photographs without realising that they need to be recent.

If your code doesn't work might be safe to assume similarly?

Thanks guys

Don't assume that. Just assume you should try tomorrow. Close all browser sessions, take care on entering the details.

NOT SELECTED. It was my first time to enter the lottery. I entered for me and my wife. Both of us have not been selected. I wish I knew about such a lottery years earlier because its so easy to enter. Anyway, thanks guys for encouragement. Hope the lot will fall on us next year. The hope and excitement was enjoyable. It made me realize how bad, I wanted to go to the land of opportunity. So I will seriously look at the options that I have Plan B, Plan C. The server crashed I think yesterday by the sheer volumes of people wanting to find if they have a chance to go. Its working perfectly now, so there is no need for an upgrade. We just all need to be patient and wait a bit longer before checking.

Hi guys,
After 8 years of applying, being selected in the catastrophic disaster that was DV2012 (selected and then revoked for the redraw) and no luck since then I've finally received my selection letter!
It seems to be a high case number though which is unfortunate - OC00024** Crossing fingers for some luck that my case number becomes current!

Holy moly. I'm sorry to say that is extraordinarily high. It means they have selected over 3500 people in OC region - and I don't see how that can be supported by the quota.

Holy moly. I'm sorry to say that is extraordinarily high. It means they have selected over 3500 people in OC region - and I don't see how that can be supported by the quota.

I know, that's what I thought. 24** seems so high for the OC region. Lucky but possibly unlucky by the looks of things.

No it does NOT mean that.

Good to know. So even if your photos are rejected it will still accept your confirmation number and tell you that you were not accepted?

I can still get into my 2017 application. Quite frustrating that the 2018 doesn't work.

Hey Guys

Congrats to all the winners here on the forum.

I was actually lucky enough to have been selected this year (Case no. in the low 700's) - funnily enough this was the first year I didn't even expect to get picked (5th time entering, I was selected my 2nd try but my case number was too high - thus no interview.)

Now I start the process of getting everything ready for the interview etc. Gonna be a long 5-6 months o_O

Entered all my details correctly but just getting this error

Warning:The information entered is not valid.

Please review the Confirmation Number, your Last/Family Name, and Year of Birth to ensure you have entered them exactly as they appear on your DV Confirmation Page, including punctuation.

Several characters are often confused:
0 = zero, O = letter 'O', 1 = one, I = letter 'I' (like 'Ice'), 5 = 'five', S = letter 'S', 6 = six, G = letter 'G', 8 = eight, B = letter 'B'

Am I correct in thinking I was rejected because of the photographs?

Hey we are at the same boat. I also met this invalid message and i also reused photo n years ago...

Congratulations!! You should be very excited and there's a good chance you will succeed. In 2013 I had a very high case number and I got my green card with days to spare. Hang in there and whatever you do just persevere
Thanks @SAGIRL I'm super excited. Not that I don't already have a great life in my home country but has been a dream to live in New York for such a long time. I first heard about the Lottery back in 2004 but has never really been the right time to think about a permanent move until now. It's amazing it could actually become a reality within two years.

ok guys- I'm back to the site with a question.

My sister who applied for DV2018 keeps on getting the following error message after she enter the confirmation number :

Warning: The information entered is not valid.

Please review the Confirmation Number, your Last/Family Name, and Year of Birth to ensure you have entered them exactly as they appear on your DV Confirmation Page, including punctuation.

0 = zero, O = letter 'O', 1 = one, I = letter 'I' (like 'Ice'), 5 = 'five', S = letter 'S', 6 = six, G = letter 'G', 8 = eight, B = letter 'B'
I can confirm she is entering the right number. PDF-ed the submission page back in Oct. Furthermore the system doesn't recognize her entry even after she looks by the basic info (First name, last name, email and DOB).

Thoughts?

Hey Guys

Congrats to all the winners here on the forum.

I was actually lucky enough to have been selected this year (Case no. in the low 700's) - funnily enough this was the first year I didn't even expect to get picked (5th time entering, I was selected my 2nd try but my case number was too high - thus no interview.)

Now I start the process of getting everything ready for the interview etc. Gonna be a long 5-6 months o_O

More like 7 or 8 months.

ok guys- I'm back to the site with a question.

My sister who applied for DV2018 keeps on getting the following error message after she enter the confirmation number :

Warning: The information entered is not valid.

I can confirm she is entering the right number. PDF-ed the submission page back in Oct. Furthermore the system doesn't recognize her entry even after she looks by the basic info (First name, last name, email and DOB).

Thoughts?

http://britsimonsays.com/dv2018-information-entered-not-valid/

Good to know. So even if your photos are rejected it will still accept your confirmation number and tell you that you were not accepted?

I can still get into my 2017 application. Quite frustrating that the 2018 doesn't work.

Your photo (if a problem) is either rejected by the software as a disqualifying factor in which case you'll get "not selected", or it is rejected by the CO at the interview.

Whatever the issue with the "invalid" messages it, it is not code for a problem with your photo.

My apologies @Britsimon it's 2018OC000019XX should I edit the original post also?

No that's OK.

There is something odd about OC numbers. They are very high. KCC have over selected. That either means they expect a lot of cases to be "no responses" or disqualified (perhaps because of enhanced photo rules enforcement) or it simply means they over selected (and therefore high numbers will not get a chance of interview). It will be a few days before we can say more.