• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

countdown to dv 2018 results

The citizens of UAE are not allowed to hold dual citizen, and for the truth they dont need US citizen with there original citizen they can enter any place in the world and believe me they are few! So who ever applied from there are children of worker in UAE and relatively they are few so i guess they do hve high chance? Maybe an wrong but its from wht i know abt this country
Dv 2015 entrants for UAE 7600 entry i guess

I don't understand your argument at all....and certainly it makes no difference to the odds of someone being selected once they have entered. You do understand selection is based on region, not country? Only that very high population countries are capped, but there's only a handful of those anyway.

Let's use actual data rather than coming up with reasons. In DV2015 (latest with all data I can find easily) UAE had around 15600 entries, almost equally split between principal and derivatives. Number selected .....195. Dv2014 similar, 13300 entered and 167 selected ...
Giving you odds of a little over 1%, about the same as everywhere else.

Im thinkin of not checking it for a month lol, damn we waited so long for this and its the last day of wait... good luck to everybody, i do hope some of us get selected but even if we don't, life goes on right?

I prefer to check early. To get it out of my system if I didn't make it, and to prepare if I do. I hope I get low number and get interviewed in Oct. Need different plan for this year eclipse - if I did go.

Not long to go now at all ! As this is my first time applying I'm slightly nervous about tomorrows results now, wishing for beginners luck. Good luck everyone !

Ps. I wanted to upload a picture to my account but it keeps saying "server error" anyone have any tips on what I'm doing wrong ? The file size is under 50KB, its above 200x200 megapixels and its a .jpeg file. Im at a loss, any help would be much appreciated :)

Fifteen applications from the OC??? Oh my goodness, respect for patience and perserverance right there!!!

Q

Haha thanks. I was lucky enough to be selected in the disaster that was DV2014 but with an OC280x case number which was never going to happen. Very thankful I have access to the E3 so have been living in the US for some years now anyway, but would be nice to make it permanent!

Haha thanks. I was lucky enough to be selected in the disaster that was DV2014 but with an OC280x case number which was never going to happen. Very thankful I have access to the E3 so have been living in the US for some years now anyway, but would be nice to make it permanent!

Absolutely!! I have thought often about the E3 but would rather not have the hassle. In my case, we also have Canada as an option :) I wish you so much luck!

Q

Britsimon was explaining that the visas are distributed by regions and everyone for the exception of OC has the same chances. In my case, my country has less than 1,000 entries and I still have less than 1% of chance to get selected. This is my third time now and trust me. I don´t think that I have higher chances compared to other countries in the SA Region.

Which is your country?

its the big day everyone

Will be interesting to see where everyone is applying from

Lets go and all the best to all

What time are we going to get the results i.eCAT

By CAT you mean Central Africa Time, a time zone used in central and southern Africa?

Try internet search for time zone converter. As for me, the result will (theoretically) released at 12 midnight. Last time I managed to get the result after 3 hours... I think. But there are also times when I waited for another 12 hours or more. Depending on when 2nd May actually fall... I could be busy or not (because its right after May 1 - labor day.