• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

Hi Everyone

Great discussion so far.

I submitted my application on 8 Jan '17 (OC3XX) and am guessing my interview might be in June (based on the trends discussed in this forum).

I was wondering if there is a validity period for the Australian federal police check certificate (code 33). If it's valid for a few months, then I might as well get it in advance as I understand it might take up to 4 weeks to process and arrive.

As for the medical, I plan to delay it as close to the interview date as possible as the validity of the initial green card vignette is up to 6 months from the medical and not the interview?

I also just remembered I have a 2 year tier 5 UK holiday working visa which I never activated and don't intend to use. It will expire early May 2017 - do you think that could raise questions in the green card interview e.g. why didn't I provide a police check for the UK (I'd explain because I never lived there). Do you think I'd need to prove that I stayed in Australia the whole time?

Thanks

-Tom

You could get the AFP check now: it will still be valid by the time of interview.

Don't delay the medical too much. You need to allow time after the medical for the doctor to write up the report and forward to either you or the consulate. If you don't have your medical report at the interview, you will go into AP until they get it.

No need to get a UK check if you've not been there.

Hi Everyone

Great discussion so far.

I submitted my application on 8 Jan '17 (OC3XX) and am guessing my interview might be in June (based on the trends discussed in this forum).

I was wondering if there is a validity period for the Australian federal police check certificate (code 33). If it's valid for a few months, then I might as well get it in advance as I understand it might take up to 4 weeks to process and arrive.

As for the medical, I plan to delay it as close to the interview date as possible as the validity of the initial green card vignette is up to 6 months from the medical and not the interview?

I also just remembered I have a 2 year tier 5 UK holiday working visa which I never activated and don't intend to use. It will expire early May 2017 - do you think that could raise questions in the green card interview e.g. why didn't I provide a police check for the UK (I'd explain because I never lived there). Do you think I'd need to prove that I stayed in Australia the whole time?

Thanks

-Tom
Yes definitely get the AFP check now, as it's valid for 12 months and you never know if you'll run into a backlog. My husband applied for his about 5 weeks before me - he received his within 12 days, whereas it has been over 4 weeks and I am still waiting for mine.

As for the validity of the visa, it will be 6 months from the date of the medical, with 30 September 2017 as the cut-off date for issuance for everyone in this year's round.

Hi all just a few questions,
I have my interview in may.
1. Is it ok to take the medical to the interview on the day if physician gives it to me?
2. On my ds260 when it asked place of birth I accidentally put my city not suburb.
3. I have been email to log in to this cgifederal.secure.force. website but there is nothing regarding dv lottery when you are selecting immigrant visa type.
Thanks for your time.

@Dapper J

1. Yes, that's fine. That's what we did.

2. That's not a big deal. We had a similar error.

3. That website I don't know about, sorry. I'm sure someone else will be able to help.

Hi all just a few questions,
I have my interview in may.
1. Is it ok to take the medical to the interview on the day if physician gives it to me?
2. On my ds260 when it asked place of birth I accidentally put my city not suburb.
3. I have been email to log in to this cgifederal.secure.force. website but there is nothing regarding dv lottery when you are selecting immigrant visa type.
Thanks for your time.

I had the same question (3) as you. Basically DV applicants only need to use the CGI website to register their delivery address where their passport is going to be returned to after the interview if approved. You need to first register as a new user, fill out your information and then click on create a new application/schedule an appointment which will then take you through the steps of registering the delivery address. There is an option to select 'register delivery address'. For visa type I selected DV1 as being the principal. Once you've filled out everything, the website will provide you with a confirmation page that includes a barcode for you to take it to the interview. When you subsequently log on the website it will show that no appointment has been scheduled. Don't worry about it as it does not apply to DV applicants, you're interview appointment has already been scheduled as per the 2NL.

Welp, after much faffing around I've booked my activation trip - I fly into LAX on the 20th of June. I'm still totally up in the air regarding when I'll make the move permanently - I've just accepted a new job as my direct manager was becoming totally impossible to work under, even in the short-term, and it was affecting my mental health - so I guess I'll just try and tee up some meet and greets and see how I go! I can't believe after all this time, wishing and wanting and hoping and praying, that soon I'll be a permanent resident of the USA! AHHHHH!!

I have updated my profile with all my information on the CGI website but I am still lost on how to get this confirmation page with barcode to print and take to interview. When I go to new applicant scheduled appointment , immigrant visa type I only can choose visa from fiancee or visa from spouse. If you could assist it would be much appreciated. @appleby

Welp, after much faffing around I've booked my activation trip - I fly into LAX on the 20th of June. I'm still totally up in the air regarding when I'll make the move permanently - I've just accepted a new job as my direct manager was becoming totally impossible to work under, even in the short-term, and it was affecting my mental health - so I guess I'll just try and tee up some meet and greets and see how I go! I can't believe after all this time, wishing and wanting and hoping and praying, that soon I'll be a permanent resident of the USA! AHHHHH!!

Thank you for the update Jess, I am sure it is still a whirlwind. I am glad things are falling into place (yay for a better working environment!) Whatever decision you make (re the move) will be the right one! :) All the best

Q

Hello All,

I have a few questions if you could please help it would put my mind at rest:

(1) my case number is in the low 1300's and i submitted my DS260 back in September, when am i likely to get an interview based on that?

(2) is there any issue with me and my wife travelling to the US in the next couple of weeks? (grandpa in Chicago has passed) i just don't know what the consequences are for travelling if you won a green card and are waiting on an appointment?

(3) lastly my wife is due to have a baby in middle of October which will likely be after our interview, what happens in this situation?

Hello All,

(1) my case number is in the low 1300's and i submitted my DS260 back in September, when am i likely to get an interview based on that?

(2) is there any issue with me and my wife travelling to the US in the next couple of weeks? (grandpa in Chicago has passed) i just don't know what the consequences are for travelling if you won a green card and are waiting on an appointment?

(3) lastly my wife is due to have a baby in middle of October which will likely be after our interview, what happens in this situation?

1. I'm surprised you have not been scheduled last month (you should check the ESC page to make sure). But if not, it will most likely be a June interview (2NL in 1 to 2 weeks).

2. No problem

3. The baby will get a GC. There is a process in place to process newborn babies at the POE (arrival airport). The rules count for newborns born after the immigrant visa is issued (and before activation ) OR, after activation, for the first return to the USA of the parents (with the baby), after the birth abroad. The only "tricky" bit is that not all airlines understand the rules and may want you to obtain a travel authorization for the baby from the embassy prior to flying. The baby will only need a passport and birth cert. You could also choose to have the baby in the USA - but then you would need good medical insurance (such as Obamacare).

One tip - take your medical as late as possible before the interview since the visa will expire 6 months after the date of the medical. You could do an activation trip as soon as possible in June/July, or you would activate after the birth - but will have only a few weeks to get that organized (needing passport/birth cert).

I have updated my profile with all my information on the CGI website but I am still lost on how to get this confirmation page with barcode to print and take to interview. When I go to new applicant scheduled appointment , immigrant visa type I only can choose visa from fiancee or visa from spouse. If you could assist it would be much appreciated. @appleby
1. Go to this website and sign in: ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

2. The applicant information (your name) will be shown here. In the "IV Application" column next to your name, it should say "Completed". Click on "Completed", and it will take you to your completed DS260.

3. Once this has loaded, at the top of the page, directly under the US DOS banner will be three tabs: complete, review and sign. Click on "sign".

4. From here, you will see the option to "Print Confirmation". This is what you take to your interview.

thanks for that!

one other thing, does only the primary applicant/winner have to present police check, photos, medical cert etc at interview or does my wife have to present all
that also?

@EmilyW - thank you for your response to one of my earlier questions!

If anyone could help me out, there is just one more thing I'd love to confirm - with the year 12 certification, it's just the actual high school certificate itself that I need right? I don't need my results or anything else? The certificate just has my name saying I successfully completed year 12 with the date, school logo and is signed by my principal. I've also been debating about whether to have a copy of my uni transcript sent to me just for good measure, although my understanding is that it is not necessary (I just have a feeling I've read about someone bringing theirs before, and it actually being looked at).

Thanks everyone, this forum has made a huge difference already in making this process so much easier and straight forward than it otherwise would have been for me.

Hello All,

3. I am just about to do this.. approved in November last year, medical late October and just had my baby middle of march.. little guy has caused so much stress as we wanted to activate after he was born and then he was late.. finally activating on Tuesday which is our visa expiry date. Cutting it very fine..
Regarding the travel authorisation.. I emailed the consulate and they directed me to this link for the authorisation to present to the airline if needed: https://au.usembassy.gov/visas/immi...manent-residents-green-card-holders/overview/

Good luck with everything!

@EmilyW - thank you for your response to one of my earlier questions!

If anyone could help me out, there is just one more thing I'd love to confirm - with the year 12 certification, it's just the actual high school certificate itself that I need right? I don't need my results or anything else? The certificate just has my name saying I successfully completed year 12 with the date, school logo and is signed by my principal. I've also been debating about whether to have a copy of my uni transcript sent to me just for good measure, although my understanding is that it is not necessary (I just have a feeling I've read about someone bringing theirs before, and it actually being looked at).

Thanks everyone, this forum has made a huge difference already in making this process so much easier and straight forward than it otherwise would have been for me.

Hi @KW29 yes it's the year 12 higher school certificate issued by the board of studies (if you're in Sydney) or another state official body. This may be different to the one signed by your principal? I brought my year 12 results and uni transcript just in case, but they only asked for highest level of education completed (university, in my case) and just took the copy of the bachelors degree - they didn't want the year 12 certificate or any results. But it's always best to bring everything just in case!