• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

Wow, congra buddy!
happy happy. we hope we all will follow your footsteps.

by the way what do you mean by .'(it doesn't need authentication from MOFA)'? do you mean we authenticat the transcript in our former school but
not in MoFA? or what?

You Can Authenticate the transcript first at your school and then the regional education bureau.you can also authenticate it by MOFA but Its going to be a waste of money(150 Br per paper) .

HI ZeaDRocKET Congratulation Again

You can authenticate the transcript first at your school and then theregional educationbureau. You can also authenticate it by MOFA but it’s going to be a waste of money (150 Br per paper) .So is there no problem to authenticate MOFA from grade 9-12.

And please say something about your interview experience

1) I have filled in the form DS 260 about my education from Grade 10-12, Diploma and Degree. Not including Grade 9 b/c of I was Learn in Eretria in 1998 G.C so I have not grade certificate, which means before age of 16. So is there problem?
2) I put all the institution Except Grade 9; I have attended from Grade 10-12, Diploma and Degree. In Addition to I have mentioned 12 ESCLCE Certificate

HI ZeaDRocKET Congratulation Again

You can authenticate the transcript first at your school and then theregional educationbureau. You can also authenticate it by MOFA but it’s going to be a waste of money (150 Br per paper) .So is there no problem to authenticate MOFA from grade 9-12.

And please say something about your interview experience

1) I have filled in the form DS 260 about my education from Grade 10-12, Diploma and Degree. Not including Grade 9 b/c of I was Learn in Eretria in 1998 G.C so I have not grade certificate, which means before age of 16. So is there problem?
2) I put all the institution Except Grade 9; I have attended from Grade 10-12, Diploma and Degree. In Addition to I have mentioned 12 ESCLCE Certificate

Yes There is no problem if you dont authenticate 9-12 transcripts but if you have an extra 150br per paper to spare, then you can authenticate it.

for question 1 & 2) i dont know if its a problem.it depends on the CO but if you tell him/her about your situation he/she might understand.besides if you have a degree you can use that to qualify as well. it all depends on the CO!!

Here goes The Experience;

CN - 2017AF18***
Interview Date - March 13 - 2017 @ 7:30AM(1:30 in the morning) Local Time
Interview Location - U.S. Embassy Addis Ababa

I got to the embassy around 5:45AM(11:45).was the first to arrive.i was told to stay across the street until the embassy opens around 6:50(12:50).around 7 the embassy stuff came and started to sort the line in to various visa categories(DV, Visiting, adoption, marriage, etc).soon after that we were told to cross the street in line and stand around tables that were placed in front of the embassy gate.then we were given folders(klaser) and were told to place our documents as instructed on the folder.

the documents i provided were

** Passport Photo copy Of the first two page(Biometric)
** 2 x 5cm * 5cm photos
** Authenticated Birth certificate with a copy
** 1NL and 2NL
** Police Report From Ethiopia(original)
** Police Report From A Foreign Country If you Have one(I Presented mine because i attend a university outside of ethiopia)
** Authenticated 10th And 12th grade national exams with a copy each
** High School Transcript from Grade 9 to 12 with a copy(I authenticated mine)
** Medical Report from a designated institute(mine was From IOM)

After doing that i gave my folder to a stuff that was standing near by. after he checked that my documents were in order, he asked me if i had any cash to pay the visa fee(330$ or 7520Br) and i said yes(you can pay in the afternoon if you want).he gave me a pink paper and an appointment letter which states that i have to come back @ 1:00PM(7:00) then he told me to go inside and pay and come back in the afternoon.i went through security, headed inside and i was told to sign a paper acknowledging the money i was paying was non refundable regardless of the interview outcome.i signed the paper and paid my fees and then i went home.

In the after noon, i got there around 12:30PM(6:30) and went through security and headed inside.after 20 minutes or so my name was called to window 6 for pre interview screening.the guy asked me if i was married and if i had any job experience to which i answered NO.then he gave me a paper stating that i agree to join the Military if the U.S. was ever in need of any immediate man power(I am 22 Yrs Old), then he told me to register with in 30 days of arrival in the U.S. for the Selective Service System.after that he took my finger print and told me to sit and wait for my name to be called for the actual interview.after 30 minutes or so i was called to window 9.

CO: Hold You right hand up,Do you swear what you are about to say is the truth?
Me: Yes I swear
CO: Place your right hand on the finger print scanner.Took my finger print.
CO: Did you Graduate From High School?
Me: ***
CO: What Year Did Graduate?
Me: ****
CO: What Were The Best Subjects From Your Matric Exam(12th)?
Me: ****&****
CO: Ok, Have You Attended Any University??
Me: **
CO: Where?
CO: Do You Plan To Marry Before migrating to the U.S.?
CO: Congratulations Your Visa Has Been Approved!!And gave me a yellow paper.told me to pick up my visa after 8 days.
Me: Thank You!!
CO: You're Welcome!!said to send the yellow paper to my sponsor so that they can make payment towards my green card.
Me: Ok; Thank you again, Have a Nice day!!

Then I got out of the embassy without realizing what just happened because all this went down in just a minute!!everyone sitting was starring at me because my interview was the shortest out of all that were interviewed before me and were confused of the results. Shout out to the CO at window 9.

only one guy was denied from the people that were interviewed before me. that's because he couldn't qualify through both education(he had 10+3) and work experience(No experience).apart from that it was a happy day for almost everyone.

My Advice to y'all is that prepare all the documents precisely. don't leave any document behind. try to authenticate all the documents that need authenticating. i was never asked for affidavit of supports(i-134) but i had it with me.it helps to be over prepared and most of all be confident in front of the CO.

if you have any questions i will be glad to answer them!

Good Luck to All Who Are Current in March , April and May!!

amazing experience there, brother... couldn't get any smoother!!!
thanks for sharing it with us!!

Here goes The Experience;

CN - 2017AF18***
Interview Date - March 13 - 2017 @ 7:30AM(1:30 in the morning) Local Time
Interview Location - U.S. Embassy Addis Ababa

I got to the embassy around 5:45AM(11:45).was the first to arrive.i was told to stay across the street until the embassy opens around 6:50(12:50).around 7 the embassy stuff came and started to sort the line in to various visa categories(DV, Visiting, adoption, marriage, etc).soon after that we were told to cross the street in line and stand around tables that were placed in front of the embassy gate.then we were given folders(klaser) and were told to place our documents as instructed on the folder.

the documents i provided were

** Passport Photo copy Of the first two page(Biometric)
** 2 x 5cm * 5cm photos
** Authenticated Birth certificate with a copy
** 1NL and 2NL
** Police Report From Ethiopia(original)
** Police Report From A Foreign Country If you Have one(I Presented mine because i attend a university outside of ethiopia)
** Authenticated 10th And 12th grade national exams with a copy each
** High School Transcript from Grade 9 to 12 with a copy(I authenticated mine)
** Medical Report from a designated institute(mine was From IOM)

After doing that i gave my folder to a stuff that was standing near by. after he checked that my documents were in order, he asked me if i had any cash to pay the visa fee(330$ or 7520Br) and i said yes(you can pay in the afternoon if you want).he gave me a pink paper and an appointment letter which states that i have to come back @ 1:00PM(7:00) then he told me to go inside and pay and come back in the afternoon.i went through security, headed inside and i was told to sign a paper acknowledging the money i was paying was non refundable regardless of the interview outcome.i signed the paper and paid my fees and then i went home.

In the after noon, i got there around 12:30PM(6:30) and went through security and headed inside.after 20 minutes or so my name was called to window 6 for pre interview screening.the guy asked me if i was married and if i had any job experience to which i answered NO.then he gave me a paper stating that i agree to join the Military if the U.S. was ever in need of any immediate man power(I am 22 Yrs Old), then he told me to register with in 30 days of arrival in the U.S. for the Selective Service System.after that he took my finger print and told me to sit and wait for my name to be called for the actual interview.after 30 minutes or so i was called to window 9.

CO: Hold You right hand up,Do you swear what you are about to say is the truth?
Me: Yes I swear
CO: Place your right hand on the finger print scanner.Took my finger print.
CO: Did you Graduate From High School?
CO: What Year Did Graduate?
CO: What Were The Best Subjects From Your Matric Exam(12th)?
Me: ****&****
CO: Ok, Have You Attended Any University??
Me: **
CO: Where?
CO: Do You Plan To Marry Before migrating to the U.S.?
CO: Congratulations Your Visa Has Been Approved!!And gave me a yellow paper.told me to pick up my visa after 8 days.
Me: Thank You!!
CO: You're Welcome!!said to send the yellow paper to my sponsor so that they can make payment towards my green card.
Me: Ok; Thank you again, Have a Nice day!!

Then I got out of the embassy without realizing what just happened because all this went down in just a minute!!everyone sitting was starring at me because my interview was the shortest out of all that were interviewed before me and were confused of the results. Shout out to the CO at window 9.

only one guy was denied from the people that were interviewed before me. that's because he couldn't qualify through both education(he had 10+3) and work experience(No experience).apart from that it was a happy day for almost everyone.

My Advice to y'all is that prepare all the documents precisely. don't leave any document behind. try to authenticate all the documents that need authenticating. i was never asked for affidavit of supports(i-134) but i had it with me.it helps to be over prepared and most of all be confident in front of the CO.

if you have any questions i will be glad to answer them!

Good Luck to All Who Are Current in March , April and May!!

congrats!
thanks for sharing your experience with us
In regard to police certificate, I think you got it outside Ethiopia. is it in English if not where did you translate it? did the English translation need to authenticate in that locality?

congrats!
thanks for sharing your experience with us
In regard to police certificate, I think you got it outside Ethiopia. is it in English if not where did you translate it? did the English translation need to authenticate in that locality?

Thank You And You Are Welcome!!I Got two police certificates, One from the federal police in Ethiopia and one from a foreign country!the one from the foreign country was already in English so there was no need to translate it.as for the authentication i was told there was no need to authenticate it because it had the seal of the police commissioner of the country and that any embassy was obligated to accept it as long as its stamped by that seal.

Thank You And You Are Welcome!!I Got two police certificates, One from the federal police in Ethiopia and one from a foreign country!the one from the foreign country was already in English so there was no need to translate it.as for the authentication i was told there was no need to authenticate it because it had the seal of the police commissioner of the country and that any embassy was obligated to accept it as long as its stamped by that seal.
Thank you

Alert
MARCH 22, 2017
Important Announcement
Exclusive: U.S. embassies ordered to identify population groups for tougher visa screening

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN16U12X

……. Both the March 15 and March 17 cables seem to anticipate delays as a result of their implementation. They urged embassies to restrict the number of visa interviews handled per day, acknowledging this “may cause interview appointment backlogs to rise.”

Alert
MARCH 22, 2017
Important Announcement
Exclusive: U.S. embassies ordered to identify population groups for tougher visa screening

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN16U12X

……. Both the March 15 and March 17 cables seem to anticipate delays as a result of their implementation. They urged embassies to restrict the number of visa interviews handled per day, acknowledging this “may cause interview appointment backlogs to rise.”
thanks but is that concerning about us?

According to Ethiopia Embassy

1. You must possess one of the following as evidence of your educational qualifications

· Proof of graduation from 12th grade (including an Ethiopian Leaving Certificate Examination, a University Entrance Exam, or a Higher Education Qualification Exam), showing at least 5 passing grades, (or)

· Proof of graduation from a four-year university (or)

You must submit official copies of school transcripts along with the above certificates. These requirements are determined by U.S. immigration law, and are not determined by this Embassy.

I have filled in DS 260 forms in Educational section

Have you attended any educational institutions at a secondary level or above? “YES”

Highest Level of Education Completed “BA Degree”

Number of Educational Institutions Attended “5”

1. Name of institution is XXXXX for Degree date 01/10/2005-24/07/2009

2. Name of institution is XXXXX for Diploma date 02/09/2002-02/10/2004

3. Name of institution is National Organization for Examination-NOE for ESCLCE certificate date 28/06-01/09/2002

4. Name of institution is XXXXX for Grade 11-12 date 01/10/1999-27/06/2002

5. Name of institution is XXXXX for Grade 10 date 01/10/1998-31/08/1999

So what does u think any suggestion?[/QUO
wht is the requirment, im dv winner but i coudn't pass eslse 12 but i have agrade for private

Dear Friends,

2NLs for May interviews being sent! I just received it.
Case number 2017AF00026***. DS-260 submitted on May, unlocked two times and Last re-submission was on last week of October.

Thank you all!

Dear Friends,

Case number 2017AF00026***. DS-260 submitted on May, unlocked two times and Last re-submission was on last week of October.

Thank you all!
congra bro! Is your received 2nl for may interview? my CN is 39*** so may i expect june

Dear Friends,

Case number 2017AF00024***. DS-260 submitted on May, unlocked One times.i will share my interview experience soon..

Thank you all!

Dear Friends,

Case number 2017AF00024***. DS-260 submitted on May, unlocked One times.i will share my interview experience soon..

Thank you all!
Congra
looking forward to hearing good interview experience.

Dear Friends,

Thank you all!
God be wz u..... looking for ur interview experience soon.

Dear Friends,

Thank you all!
God be wz u..... looking for ur interview experience soon.