• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

No need of of back up just incase? what about after successful interview for education and jobs in us we don't need to autenticate our docs MOM?

A dependant's/derivative's educational documents cannot be used as a back up. The principal applicant needs to meet the educational or work qualification requirements on their own. So if you're authenticating your spouse's educational documents as a back up option, you're simply throwing money away, they will not be looked at.

And you don't need the authenticated documents for job or work purpose in the US either. There are US based organizations that you will be required to use for degree evaluation if you plan on furthering your studies in the US.

Thanks for the info MOM!! You are great!
A dependant's/derivative's educational documents cannot be used as a back up. The principal applicant needs to meet the educational or work qualification requirements on their own. So if you're authenticating your spouse's educational documents as a back up option, you're simply throwing money away, they will not be looked at.

And you don't need the authenticated documents for job or work purpose in the US either. There are US based organizations that you will be required to use for degree evaluation if you plan on furthering your studies in the US.

i went to IOM. i paid 1,800br

Good to hear that you are almost there. i hope the rest will be so smooth too.

please brief us all the process on the medical. like,

1. did they ask you to take vaccinations?

2. was there any thing uncommon from the usual medical treatment?

3. do they have any specific working hour?

4. do we need to make schedule earlier?

best wishes

The affidavit support, are my sponser filled it himself and put his signature and send me the scan copy or the original is must,what about our information that suppose to be filled at the form,

The affidavit support, are my sponser filled it himself and put his signature and send me the scan copy or the original is must,what about our information that suppose to be filled at the form,

Some embassies require the original (because of the "wet" signature), and COs have been known to not accept emailed copies.

Your sponsor is supposed to complete the form including the details regarding the selectees and derivatives.

Good to hear that you are almost there. i hope the rest will be so smooth too.

please brief us all the process on the medical. like,

1. did they ask you to take vaccinations?

2. was there any thing uncommon from the usual medical treatment?

3. do they have any specific working hour?

4. do we need to make schedule earlier?

best wishes
IOM is in front of DH geda building(bole) you find it just after Millennium Hole..
*they didn't ask me to take any vaccination.
*i completed all the med exams on tuesday(morning). It took me roughly 2 hours to get done with the tests. first they took some blood for the lab, then chest x-ray and finally physical exam..
* I went there on monday(afternoon) first to make an appointment for the following day(tuesday), completed the check ups on tuesday and i received the result in a sealed envelope today(wed.) so it's only 3 days but if you go there early morning for the appointment i think it takes 2 days unless, of course, they request further tests)
they work for 8.am- 11 in the afternoon

Thank you sir and one more question ,on the new affidavit support part 5&6 which states about interpreter's contact information, certification,signature and contac information, statement, declaration and signature of the person preparing this affidavit,if other than the sponser, what shall our sponser fill since he is the one who will fill the form by himself

Some embassies require the original (because of the "wet" signature), and COs have been known to not accept emailed copies.

Your sponsor is supposed to complete the form including the details regarding the selectees and derivatives.

Thanks for the info:)
IOM is in front of DH geda building(bole) you find it just after Millennium Hole..
*they didn't ask me to take any vaccination.
*i completed all the med exams on tuesday(morning). It took me roughly 2 hours to get done with the tests. first they took some blood for the lab, then chest x-ray and finally physical exam..
* I went there on monday(afternoon) first to make an appointment for the following day(tuesday), completed the check ups on tuesday and i received the result in a sealed envelope today(wed.) so it's only 3 days but if you go there early morning for the appointment i think it takes 2 days unless, of course, they request further tests)
they work for 8.am- 11 in the afternoon

Thank you sir and one more question ,on the new affidavit support part 5&6 which states about interpreter's contact information, certification,signature and contac information, statement, declaration and signature of the person preparing this affidavit,if other than the sponser, what shall our sponser fill since he is the one who will fill the form by himself

If no one has assisted in filling a form, there is no need to fill in any details about such a person.