• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

Hello colleagues I will try to give details of my interview encounter with the Co which I think will help others who are now going

My interview was scheduled at 9;30am but so I got there around 7 yet went to join a long queue. In the queue our interview letter was inspected for both dv applicants and other applicants,that was outside the embassy. We were ushered into another room where the security used a machine to Check if we had any unauthorized gadget.From there we entered a long hall where several people who had also applied for visa were comfortably seated.There my passport and appointment letter where also inspected. We were made to sit down. My God in the hall was filled with tension. One after the other they called for inspection of documents stated in the ds260 but in everything the dv applicants does theirs last.Mind u the fee is now 1,584gh with may be increased as tym goes by. One thing I noticed was if u are called for your interview and after u are given back ur passport that means it did not go well,others reactions will be seen by the looks on their faces. Then the Co called me

Co: Sorry for keeping u guys waiting for so long
Me:eek:k boss
Co; raise ur right hand and he read blablablabla
Me:yes I do
Co:Are married have ever been married and divorced have lived outside Gh before
Me: all my answers were in the negative
Co:where sec school did u complete
Me; I told him
Co; how old are u
Me:I told him
Co:how old were u when u completed Sec school......... Infact I had to do some smaller maths but because of the pressure there I gave him a wrong answer
Co: Are u sure with ur answer
Me: boss infact am struggling with the calculation a little....... He smiled
co: what work do u do
Me: am a police officer
Co:Congratulations ur visa has been approved.U have to go to the DHL office the next two weeks for collection. I was then given a blue sheet which states the address and other particulars of DHL.My brothers who are yet to go,they don't intend to fail anyone I think. They only ask questions the ds260 asked that we filled and They smil a lot so have to smile back,the tension should not stop u from smiling. That's all for now any questions can be asked.Good luck

My interview was scheduled at 9;30am but so I got there around 7 yet went to join a long queue. In the queue our interview letter was inspected for both dv applicants and other applicants,that was outside the embassy. We were ushered into another room where the security used a machine to Check if we had any unauthorized gadget.From there we entered a long hall where several people who had also applied for visa were comfortably seated.There my passport and appointment letter where also inspected. We were made to sit down. My God in the hall was filled with tension. One after the other they called for inspection of documents stated in the ds260 but in everything the dv applicants does theirs last.Mind u the fee is now 1,584gh with may be increased as tym goes by. One thing I noticed was if u are called for your interview and after u are given back ur passport that means it did not go well,others reactions will be seen by the looks on their faces. Then the Co called me

Me; I told him
Co; how old are u
Co:how old were u when u completed Sec school......... Infact I had to do some smaller maths but because of the pressure there I gave him a wrong answer
Co:Congratulations ur visa has been approved.U have to go to the DHL office the next two weeks for collection. I was then given a blue sheet which states the address and other particulars of DHL.My brothers who are yet to go,they don't intend to fail anyone I think. They only ask questions the ds260 asked that we filled and They smil a lot so have to smile back,the tension should not stop u from smiling. That's all for now any questions can be asked.Good luck

Congratulations!

Just a thought as you mention your current occupation. In the USA there are laws in place that means employers are not allowed to insist that prospective applicants be citizens. They cannot discriminate against Green Card Holders. However, certain positions have execeptions - law enforcement officers (LEOs) are often required to be citizens, BUT not every police/sheriffs department applies that standard as can be seen in the link below.

Why do I mention that - well jobs like LEOs (or fire officers) are very well paid and very secure jobs often with EXCELLENT benefits such as retirement plans. For example LEOs in my area have a base salary of just over $100,000. That is not bad for my area, but not stunning. However, publicly available information shows police officers often can get more money from overtime, and several LEOs in my area are earning well over $300,000 per year. You can live very nicely on that money! In addition, public workers such as police and fire officers get enormous pension benefits, so an officer with 20 to 30 years service can expect a pension between 50% to 75% of their salaries - including these overtime payments.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/21/immigrant-police-officers/70236828/

Me; I told him
Co; how old are u
Congratulations!!

Me; I told him
Co; how old are u

Congrats on your selection and best of luck in the U.S.

Congratulations!

Just a thought as you mention your current occupation. In the USA there are laws in place that means employers are not allowed to insist that prospective applicants be citizens. They cannot discriminate against Green Card Holders. However, certain positions have execeptions - law enforcement officers (LEOs) are often required to be citizens, BUT not every police/sheriffs department applies that standard as can be seen in the link below.

Why do I mention that - well jobs like LEOs (or fire officers) are very well paid and very secure jobs often with EXCELLENT benefits such as retirement plans. For example LEOs in my area have a base salary of just over $100,000. That is not bad for my area, but not stunning. However, publicly available information shows police officers often can get more money from overtime, and several LEOs in my area are earning well over $300,000 per year. You can live very nicely on that money! In addition, public workers such as police and fire officers get enormous pension benefits, so an officer with 20 to 30 years service can expect a pension between 50% to 75% of their salaries - including these overtime payments.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/21/immigrant-police-officers/70236828/

That's a good pension, no doubt of it :)

Please can I use my WASSCE results slip for interview since my certificate is not yet in?
Meaning the results u generated from the computer not the one u took from ur school right? U can since it's not ready and u explain to them but I think it does not take that much time to get the certificate from ur school after the results are out so u can check from ur school to release u from tensions that amounts due too much explanations to be made

Me; I told him
Co; how old are u
Abolo CONGRATULATIONS I AM ALSO A WINNER AND A POLICE OFFICER WHO ATTENDED MY VISA INTERVIEW ON 15 FEB, 2017 AND WAS SUCCESSFUL. I WILL LIKE TO HAVE YOUR EMAIL SO THAT WE CAN COMMUNICATE AND SHARE SOME COMMON INFORMATION. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS lorddartheo@yahoo.com, i will be very grateful if i hear from you, please.

Abolo CONGRATULATIONS I AM ALSO A WINNER AND A POLICE OFFICER WHO ATTENDED MY VISA INTERVIEW ON 15 FEB, 2017 AND WAS SUCCESSFUL. I WILL LIKE TO HAVE YOUR EMAIL SO THAT WE CAN COMMUNICATE AND SHARE SOME COMMON INFORMATION. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS lorddartheo@yahoo.com, i will be very grateful if i hear from you, please.

Congrats on your approval DeSir