i130 help needed

nadiriqbal

Registered Users (C)
hello i applied for my wife i130 on green card and after 2 months i got citizen ship ans today i received strange letter from uscis about my previous marriage which was ended by divorce here i am copying letter please help.

LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS GRANTED VIA MARRIAGE - CURRENT MARRIAGE LESS THAN FIVE YEARS AFTER GRANT.

A visa petition filed on behalf of an alien by lawful permanent resident spouse may not be approved if the marriage occurred within 5 years of the petitioner being accorded the status of lawful permanent resident based upon a prior marriage to a US CITIZEN or alien lawfully admitted for the permanent residence,unless

1- the petitioner established by clear and convincing evidence that the marriage through which the petitioner gained permanent residence was not entered into for the purpose of evading the immigration's laws or

2- the marriage though which the petitioner obtained permanent residence was terminated through death.

you were accorded lawful permanent resident status on July 1,2011 as the spouse of a usc named xxxxxx
the marriage which accorded you that status was terminated on july 8,2013.
your marriage to the beneficiary of the immediate i-130 petition occurred on march 8 ,2015 which is less than 5 years after you were granted lawful permanent resident status.

you must submit clear and convincing evidence to establish that your prior marriage to xxxxxxx was either terminated by her death or was not enter into for the purpose of evading immigration laws. such evidence may include but is not limited to :

* documentations showing joint ownership of property , such as the mortgage ,agreements or pavements , property titles, or property registration

* lease showing joint tenancy at the common residence signed by you , your spouse and the individual renting the property.

* joint health insurance or credit cards payments.
* utilities bills such as telephone,gas,power
* jointly filed income taxes showing that each return was properly filed with the state of federal government .

* birth certificate of children born to you and this spouse.
* affidavits of third partied having knowledge of the bonafides of the marriage relation ship or any other documentation which is relevant to establish that the prior marriage was not entered into order to evade immigration laws.

now my question is i am us citizen and i have 6 years old daughter and i am paying child support each month i have bunch of pictures with ex wife and wedding movie celebrated with 500 hundred family members.

i dont have any other dacuments exept
BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF CHILD
CHILD SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
PICTURES WITH EX WIFE
WEDDING MOVIE.

Are these documents or enough to proove my marriage was enter into good faith or i have to do something else.
i proved in past when i file i751 as waiver though and they issued me 10 years GC
any help will be appreciated

This provision shouldn't apply to you now because you are a citizen. You can try sending them your Certificate of Naturalization, informing them that the petition is now upgraded to the Immediate Relative category, and that the petition is no longer subject to INA 204(a)(2)(A) because that only applies to second preference petitions.

This provision shouldn't apply to you now because you are a citizen. You can try sending them your Certificate of Naturalization, informing them that the petition is now upgraded to the Immediate Relative category, and that the petition is no longer subject to INA 204(a)(2)(A) because that only applies to second preference petitions.

Thank you so much sent out documents lets see what will happen .

Today I got approval for i130 thanks for your help
Now please guide me what to do next
Should I submit ds 260
Pay fees?
And effidavit of support ?
Or I just have to wait to receive letter from nvc to do so ?

Thanks

hello just quick question i am going to file i864 here is my income details
i work on w2 2016 = 11600
and i have online bussiness which i filed 1099k and income was = 72500

so should it be enough or they want income on w2 only and i have to find some one joint sponsor ?
thank you

Today I got approval for i130 thanks for your help
Now please guide me what to do next
Should I submit ds 260
Pay fees?
And effidavit of support ?
Or I just have to wait to receive letter from nvc to do so ?

Thanks

Go online and search for "after your petition is approved" on travel.state.gov it shows what steps follow. Its a long and lengthy made worse by the wait times.. wait, send, wait..repeat

Just quick question I want to apply for my parents and sister under 21 years old question
1- do I have to submit separately each person I-130 and fees
2 - or all together one i13o and fee of $535

Thank you

Just quick question I want to apply for my parents and sister under 21 years old question
1- do I have to submit separately each person I-130 and fees
2 - or all together one i13o and fee of $535

Thank you

For USC, the option is only the 1st one. Each person has to be petition separately. So prepare the $$$

Hi everyone, I need help.

I'm seeking advice and want to hear stories of people with similar experience(s).

I got married to my ex in 2010 and later discovered that she was not who she said she was. Before that, I was on a student visa (M-1) which expired a year and a half prior to the marriage. To cut long story short, I found out that she was living on a stolen identity and the marriage itself was abusive (of which I have police reports to prove). She was later convicted of identity theft, at which time I had already left her, but we were not divorced. During this period, we had filed forms I130, I485 and I765, which were returned to us because of some mistakes (I don't know if she resent them to USCIS without my knowledge and subsequent decision(s) that were made). However, she called Immigration on me, telling them that I had married her to become a citizen. We divorced in 2011 (though I was not there for fear of any connection she might have made to get me arrested by ICE, but I have divorce papers now). I married my current wife in 06, 2016 and we have filed forms I130, I485 and I765 two weeks ago. My wife and I are expecting in June. I'm just concerned about how my previous marriage might affect what may happen next, based on my ex wife's call to Immigration. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I'm seeking advice and want to hear stories of people with similar experience(s).

I got married to my ex in 2010 and later discovered that she was not who she said she was. Before that, I was on a student visa (M-1) which expired a year and a half prior to the marriage. To cut long story short, I found out that she was living on a stolen identity and the marriage itself was abusive (of which I have police reports to prove). She was later convicted of identity theft, at which time I had already left her, but we were not divorced. During this period, we had filed forms I130, I485 and I765, which were returned to us because of some mistakes (I don't know if she resent them to USCIS without my knowledge and subsequent decision(s) that were made). However, she called Immigration on me, telling them that I had married her to become a citizen. We divorced in 2011 (though I was not there for fear of any connection she might have made to get me arrested by ICE, but I have divorce papers now). I married my current wife in 06, 2016 and we have filed forms I130, I485 and I765 two weeks ago. My wife and I are expecting in June. I'm just concerned about how my previous marriage might affect what may happen next, based on my ex wife's call to Immigration. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I don´t think this will represent any problems unless you have any criminal charges pending on you. You can also seek legal advise but if you don't have any pending cases against you, then you should be fine. Just make sure you have all proper documentation at hand

I don´t think this will represent any problems unless you have any criminal charges pending on you. You can also seek legal advise but if you don't have any pending cases against you, then you should be fine. Just make sure you have all proper documentation at hand

I have no pending criminal charges. Though my wife and I are doing it ourselves, nonetheless, we met with an attorney to make sure of a seamless process. The attorney didn't indicate any foreseeable problem. However, I wanted to seek more advice as per what others may have experienced, and learn more about the process.

Thanks @Pierre82

I have no pending criminal charges. Though my wife and I are doing it ourselves, nonetheless, we met with an attorney to make sure of a seamless process. The attorney didn't indicate any foreseeable problem. However, I wanted to seek more advice as per what others may have experienced, and learn more about the process.

Thanks @Pierre82

No problem and best of luck in your application @Aquila

The over staying your visa will be a problem..

It's not relevant at all if the wife is a US citizen.

It will depend, if the first marriage was entered into to avoid being in the country illegally, it might be deemed fraudulent during adjustment of status.. get as immigration lawyer to advice on the specifics so you don't present yourself on a platter to ICE.

Last edited:
It will depend, if the first marriage was entered into to avoid being in the country illegally, it might be deemed fraudulent during adjustment of status.. get as immigration lawyer to advice on the specifics so you don't present yourself on a platter to ICE.
@Guriix : I see your point, but I have a strong case in that I was physically abused and my ex was subsequently criminally convicted of identity theft. How can you beat that?

@Guriix : I see your point, but I have a strong case in that I was physically abused and my ex was subsequently criminally convicted of identity theft. How can you beat that?

I hear you, just do some research before you attend the interview to know what the USCIS officer might look for in a case like yours.