• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees

Hello Kelly,

Thanks for your extensive reply, it is really helpful and it is giving us a glimpse of hope.

We are still more concern about my conviction than our marriage , yes it was "only" about unpaid bills, but at that time this was treated as criminal offence in my country and I was convicted for fraud(aiding in fraud), so as far as I understand(from reading numerous laws, etc..) in eyes of immigration law this was a CIMT(crime involving moral turpitude) and on that ground I'm inadmissible. Furthermore, when I was researching about that, I found out in few places that passing "bad" checks is not considered as CIMT therefore is exempt from inadmissibility of immigration visa. I think that was the reason why you didn't need to file I-601 and you only need to give them translation of court records, so they can confirm that conviction was for passing bad checks. It would be really helpful if you write what exact conviction was for in that translated document.

To be honest we are now on the fence, should we go trough all of this, considering our situation and all. My wife is not so negative about the move to US and I could say she is more for it now, but there are soooo much things on the scale, so we are constantly weighing pros and cons. I must say we have really good life here from financial side, we don't have any loans, we have our apartment(fully paid), cars, motorcycle, savings, etc... I always wanted to live in US, was dreaming about it since I was in my teens. Now I'm not so sure if this is the right decision anymore in this phase of our lives, but on the other hand we think (especially me) that we are missing something great, so we are truly torn about it now...

Anyhow, thanks again and I wish you and your family all the best in your new life in US.
Thank you for your kind words!
again, I believe if you gather all evidence regarding unpaid bills,you have a good chance if you explain to them.
The decision if you want to move to US for a living is all you and your wife.
However, if you are well off as you say, you wouldn't mind spending 300$ each for the interview, so its better to go ahead and give it a try, cause it's gonna swing in your head for the rest of your life "what if...".
Good luck either way!

i have bachelor name is aeronutical science ..and the problem is in my ds260 i wrote bachelor of air navigation .so whst can i do and i have my appointment in 5 march

Morning guys, This is my interview experience interview date 02/03/2017, 8:40. Consulate general Guangzhou china. I irrived at 8:00 at exactly 8:20 the gates were opend had to go through the security check which took quite some time once through I was given two numbers first was to submit my documents... documents asked police non criminal certificate for both my country of Birth and for china since I'm residing in china, birth certificate, medical report, passport and two visa photos. Next was payment then interview. Waiting time 15 minutes.
Interview:
The CO was very friendly gentleman
1, took an orth
2, fingerprints.
3, Two questions (A)what are you currently doing in china? Answer ********** (B) what's your working experience? Answer**************. At this point I must say I couldn't hide my smile.
Interview time: less than one minute.
So currently I'm on AP pending submission of my O Level certificate which should be arriving at the consulate sometime next week. It has been a long but good experience thanks to this forum and the moderators you guys are doing a good job I can't thank you enough.

Morning guys, This is my interview experience interview date 02/03/2017, 8:40. Consulate general Guangzhou china. I irrived at 8:00 at exactly 8:20 the gates were opend had to go through the security check which took quite some time once through I was given two numbers first was to submit my documents... documents asked police non criminal certificate for both my country of Birth and for china since I'm residing in china, birth certificate, medical report, passport and two visa photos. Next was payment then interview. Waiting time 15 minutes.
Interview:
The CO was very friendly gentleman
1, took an orth
2, fingerprints.
3, Two questions (A)what are you currently doing in china? Answer ********** (B) what's your working experience? Answer**************. At this point I must say I couldn't hide my smile.
Interview time: less than one minute.
So currently I'm on AP pending submission of my O Level certificate which should be arriving at the consulate sometime next week. It has been a long but good experience thanks to this forum and the moderators you guys are doing a good job I can't thank you enough.

Congrats and best of luck to you :)

i really want to say a big thank you to all in this forum for the support.
Britsimon i will never forget you
we go out interview on the 7 me and my wife from Cameroon and we got apporoved on the spot depite the fact we got married after the result came out and had fear of be looked upon as though we got married for greencard. but thanks to all of you we had more than enough supporting documents to convience the CO, and we were accepted and ask to pick up on the 9 which is today. check caec system yesteday and it was issued.. God is good

we go out interview on the 7 me and my wife from Cameroon and we got apporoved on the spot depite the fact we got married after the result came out and had fear of be looked upon as though we got married for greencard. but thanks to all of you we had more than enough supporting documents to convience the CO, and we were accepted and ask to pick up on the 9 which is today. check caec system yesteday and it was issued.. God is good

Congratulations!!

Congrats on your approval and best of luck in your move to the U.S.

Is it possible to delay the date of the interview by about 1 month? I've been scheduled for earlier than I anticipated and I can't make it to the interview on the date listed in the 2NL. How can I change the date? Thank you!

Is it possible to delay the date of the interview by about 1 month? I've been scheduled for earlier than I anticipated and I can't make it to the interview on the date listed in the 2NL. How can I change the date? Thank you!

Depends on the embassy. Where's your interview?
Bear in mind that for those embassies that allow this, you will usually be required to cancel the appointment with no control over when the rescheduled date will actually be.

Thanks! Is it too risky to try to reschedule? I would want to reschedule for late July or so. When you say I'd have no control on when the rescheduled date would be, does it mean it could take several months? (just thinking of the September 30 deadline; I wouldn't want to get too close to that of course)

Depending on embassy it might indeed be risky. There have been cases in the past of people who never got rescheduled before fiscal year end, though the quieter embassies (like Sydney), while still not allowing you to choose a date, tend to be more reliable about actually scheduling a new date. My first suggestion would be to do whatever you can to attend on the scheduled date; if that is truly impossible, contact your embassy to ask them how to reschedule and see what they say, and use your best judgement from there.

Thanks for the advice. There's a chance I could make it for the actual appointment but without having done the medical nor gathered some of the documentation. I believe that would put me on AP... would that still be better than changing the appointment date?

Thanks for the advice. There's a chance I could make it for the actual appointment but without having done the medical nor gathered some of the documentation. I believe that would put me on AP... would that still be better than changing the appointment date?

Definitely. You'd still have had your interview and would (assuming all in order) then be approved when you sent the missing documents in.

Hi Orien! How is it possible to not have gone through your medical exams? These are supposed to be done within one month from appointment (at least it was so in my embassy). Call the assigned doctor tell them when is yr appointment and book your medical exams for you and other members of yr family.
I agree with susieQQQ try not to change appointment date unless the embassy gives you another date upfront.
Good luck

Hi Orien! How is it possible to not have gone through your medical exams? These are supposed to be done within one month from appointment (at least it was so in my embassy). Call the assigned doctor tell them when is yr appointment and book your medical exams for you and other members of yr family.
I agree with susieQQQ try not to change appointment date unless the embassy gives you another date upfront.
Good luck
Good point. The reason for not being able to do the medical on time is that I´m not currently in the country where I´ll be interviewing/doing the medical. So I need more time than a typical CP case to arrange for traveling there, and gather all the required documentation once there (including doing the medical).

Good point. The reason for not being able to do the medical on time is that I´m not currently in the country where I´ll be interviewing/doing the medical. So I need more time than a typical CP case to arrange for traveling there, and gather all the required documentation once there (including doing the medical).

Rescheduling is tricky especially if the embassy you are doing your interview from is a busy one. There is a possibility of not being able to get another date until the deadline date. Do your best to make the allotted interview if possible.

After giving it some thought, here's what we think is our most likely scenario:
- Principal applicant will probably have all the required documentation (including medical exam results) on the day of the interview.
- Spouse may be missing some documents at the time of the interview. Results from the medical probably won't be ready by then.

What would happen in this case; would we both be placed on AP? Is this a risky scenario?

I'm trying to think whether this scenario is ok or we should really push however we can to get the spouse's medical results in by the time of the interview.
Thank you!!

After giving it some thought, here's what we think is our most likely scenario:
- Principal applicant will probably have all the required documentation (including medical exam results) on the day of the interview.
- Spouse may be missing some documents at the time of the interview. Results from the medical probably won't be ready by then.

What would happen in this case; would we both be placed on AP? Is this a risky scenario?

I'm trying to think whether this scenario is ok or we should really push however we can to get the spouse's medical results in by the time of the interview.
Thank you!!

Most likely outcome is principal approved, spouse on AP pending submission of medicals. However in such a situation, some consulates will ask if the principal wants to wait too, to get both visas issued at the same time. That said...bear in mind you'd have different visa expiry dates either way (max 6 months from medicals date).