• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

ZGREpost: 2449937 said:
If the document is solely in Sudanese or Amharic, it must be translated,make sure you use a certified translator which is approved by USA embassy,
are those translators around stadium certified? how do we know they are accepted by US embassy?

Contact the embassy or check there website for list of certified translators.
over prepared is the key for this trained but do you think its mandatory to transelate our customary marriage and should we autenticate the transelated one take it with our interview?

If the document is solely in Sudanese or Amharic, it must be translated,make sure you use a certified translator which is approved by USA embassy,

Thank you soo much:)
but the issue in KSA and in this situation it will cost too much:D:D
each paper they translated 55-65 SR its meaning around 550 SR :eek::eek:
cause 5 birth certificate 1 marriage certificate 1 experience certificate 2 institute certificate etc...:eek::eek::eek:
for the medical exam i will take your opinion and do it ASAP (Insha'allah).

@ wadsitty if you don't want your case to be placed on AP you should do what ZGREAT tells you and over prepared is always good than less prepared.

cause 5 birth certificate 1 marriage certificate 1 experience certificate 2 institute certificate etc...:eek::eek::eek:

If you want the visa, you will ensure you translate all the documents you plan on presenting which are not in English, regardless of the cost, especially in your case which looks like you're interviewing in a country outside of which the documents were issued.

And why would you need to translate the medical exam? The medical exam is supposed to be done in the country where the interview will be taking place, the panel doctor already knows which language to use in completing the medical report.

Frankly speaking, if the cost of translating your documents is such a big deal to you, you really should reconsider the wisdom in wanting to immigrate to the US. You will start spending money almost from your day one in the US, and most likely long before you start earning an income.

By the way, I hope you're aware the $330/person visa fee is none refundable. And that the GC fee you'll need to pay has gone up from $165/person to $220/person. Not trying to scare you with all these, just trying to make sure you're aware of what you're getting into.

If you want the visa, you will ensure you translate all the documents you plan on presenting which are not in English, regardless of the cost, especially in your case which looks like you're interviewing in a country outside of which the documents were issued.

And why would you need to translate the medical exam? The medical exam is supposed to be done in the country where the interview will be taking place, the panel doctor already knows which language to use in completing the medical report.

Frankly speaking, if the cost of translating your documents is such a big deal to you, you really should reconsider the wisdom in wanting to immigrate to the US. You will start spending money almost from your day one in the US, and most likely long before you start earning an income.

By the way, I hope you're aware the $330/person visa fee is none refundable. And that the GC fee you'll need to pay has gone up from $165/person to $220/person. Not trying to scare you with all these, just trying to make sure you're aware of what you're getting into.
He is referring to my comment about doing the medical early,not translating it.

It is understandable the costs add up so quickly, what many people do is take a loan from a friend or family,then pay it back once they settle in US.

If you have a sponsor you can discuss this with them as well.

Best of luck!

I really needs help from sinors I was looking Brit web and try to understand reason for slow VB at this time also I have checked the historical VB for Africa 2016,2015 its seems the same i mean the progration is even a little bit batter this year and from previous experience the real pace starts from april ,may, jun, because of several reason which I understand and the thing is I just can not get the extracted historical VB for Ethiopia in specific. Is the progeration same as AF or its different could you tell from your experience when we can see the fastest VB for Ethiopia? thanks in advance
2) the fact that higher case number get their visa depends of the denail rate of lower case number by the rule of 7% for each region?

Last edited:
OK now your number is current if you send your DS260 early you will have your 2NL within the next two weeks so get your self ready and make sure your Docs are ready except your police clearance and your medical which will be done after your 2NL

By the way, this role (if you send your DS260 early you will have your 2NL soon:eek:) its absolutely incorrect at all:), its depending on other things.

as i think, cause in filling the form I Had been late too much after 2 months i fill it after the selection!! but although the interview scheduled at early time.

dear bros and sisters,
it is really sad the cut off for af region especially for ethiopia is so sluggish in this month while we are waiting eyes wide open for big jump.

britsimon and other senior members,

do you think the exception for ethiopia will be over in the march visa bulletin?

Last edited:
Dear wadsitty how have you been ,look this is how it works,despite your case number big or small your DS260 form should be processed by KCC unless and other wise your case will not be scheduled for interview OK.on this case your number is a bit bigger which inabel KCC to mange and finish processing so that the embassy schedule your interview.let say your case number 10000 which is already current 2-3 month ago and if you did send your form like you said you would not be scheduled by that time and you must wait another month for the interview since your form miss its turn due to late submission also please keep in mind all case will never be proccessed by equall time due to many reason. you gat that?
By the way, this role (if you send your DS260 early you will have your 2NL soon:eek:) its absolutely incorrect at all:), its depending on other things.

as i think, cause in filling the form I Had been late too much after 2 months i fill it after the selection!! but although the interview scheduled at early time.