• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Selectees from Ghana

Hi Lucid,
I went to DHL today but was told they have not received my passport and packet from the embassy. My status at ceac has shown ISSUED from December 21, 2016.
Whoa really? I picked mine about a week after interview. Perhaps the others can advise if they received any notification prior to pickup. Confirm if you went to the DHL office close to Alisa hotel?

Hello I am a 2017 dv winner. I had my interview on the 17th Jan. 2017. It was very short. After I was given the blue slip with my name. And the field of Administration process check. The CO told me they will call me if they need any other documents , but kept ma original document and photo copy.. But gave back my PP. Its been a week now still waiting for that call.

Hello I am a 2017 dv winner. I had my interview on the 17th Jan. 2017. It was very short. After I was given the blue slip with my name. And the field of Administration process check. The CO told me they will call me if they need any other documents , but kept ma original document and photo copy.. But gave back my PP. Its been a week now still waiting for that call.
Can u give a detailed explanation of what exactly went on at the interview?was there anything wrong with yur documents?

Can u give a detailed explanation of what exactly went on at the interview?was there anything wrong with yur documents?
No everything was perfect. That I can think of. The CO told me they will call if they need any supporting documents to process ma case.

But I have a friend who also went trough the same AP he's in the US now .. He told me it would have to do with a background check

Go to this website CEAC (Google it) and input your case number eg AF000xxx. you will see your status. if you are on AP, Denied, Issued etc

Go to this website CEAC (Google it) and input your case number eg AF000xxx. you will see your status. if you are on AP, Denied, Issued etc

Well it won't be issued if they gave him his passport back.
Kabs, no reason given on the AP check box on the blue sheet you said you got? Normally there is a reason (not always though).

Hello u all. Itz bn long and the page is dull. Whatz up. No newz?

@Britsimon this is a question for you.

I'm having my interview this month. And I noticed an error on my eDV.

When I was filling, I was not in the Ghana. But I mistakenly chose Accra as "currently live". A genuine error.

My bad luck or there's a respite?

When I was filling, I was not in the Ghana. But I mistakenly chose Accra as "currently live". A genuine error.

The current address doesn't really matter BUT Accra take mistakes seriously. If ALL your other details and documents are correct, it should be OK.

Thanks @Britsimon for the little light of hope. I've got all my documents intact. Hopefully, they don't ask about it. But if they do, I'll be honest and tell them it's human error. Then sit back and take what I am hit with.

@SusieQQQ I'll need a second opinion on this. Please.

@SusieQQQ I'll need a second opinion on this. Please.

I agree with Britsimon. It's not an error that could be seen as any attempt at being fraudulent imo, and those are the ones that cause problems. No guarantees of course but I should expect you'd be fine, assuming all critical info is correct.