Flight stop in Germany requires transit visa??

venkatdabri

Registered Users (C)
I am booking a flight to India and it says it has a stopover in Germany. The website says that "Info alert: Travellers will need a Transit Visa/ US Citizenship/ Green Card. Does this mean that I need a transit visa to just change flights. I don't need to leave the airport. If I need to get a Transit visa then how do I get it?

I am booking a flight to India and it says it has a stopover in Germany. The website says that "Info alert: Travellers will need a Transit Visa/ US Citizenship/ Green Card. Does this mean that I need a transit visa to just change flights. I don't need to leave the airport. If I need to get a Transit visa then how do I get it?

If you are citizen and you are using a passport of a country that requires visa to enter Germany or the E.U, then Yes. You will need to get a transit visa for that country. I would recommend you get some info from the Germany embassy website, since I'm not aware of the requirements or protocols in order to obtain a visa to enter Germany.

Best of luck to you.

If you are citizen and you are using a passport of a country that requires visa to enter Germany or the E.U, then Yes. You will need to get a transit visa for that country. I would recommend you get some info from the Germany embassy website, since I'm not aware of the requirements or protocols in order to obtain a visa to enter Germany.

Best of luck to you.
I am not a US citizen and I am not entering Germany. I am just going to be changing flights in Munich. Do I need a transit visa for that?

I am not a US citizen and I am not entering Germany. I am just going to be changing flights in Munich. Do I need a transit visa for that?
I was not referring to a U.S Citizen. I was talking in regards to been a citizen of any country that requires a visa to Germany or the E.U. If your country requires a visa to enter Germany, then Yes, you need to get a transit visa. You cant just enter the country without the visa, even if its just in transit.I recommend you do some research or speak with the airline, since they can guide you on how to obtain the transit visa to Germany.

What about if I am travelling to Mumbai via Paris. Do I need a transit visa for Paris? My current US visa has expired.I have a valid Indian Passport and while coming back I will have a valid US visa

What about if I am travelling to Mumbai via Paris. Do I need a transit visa for Paris? My current US visa has expired.I have a valid Indian Passport and while coming back I will have a valid US visa

It depends you need to check what countries in Europe do not require visa to India citizens. If France requires visa to India Citizens, then you will need to get a transit visa as well. Do some research on the options and what countries require visa to India citizens. There is a lot of info on this in google. Best of luck in your trip to India

if you are not leaving the airport and leaving few hour later you dont need a visa.
i advise you check delta visa page, it will tell you if visa is needed.

Visa required.

Transiting without a visa is possible for:
Nationals of India holding onward tickets in transit **AND** meeting one of the following conditions:

holding a Residence Permit issued by USA .

A max. transit time of 24 hours through Frankfurt (FRA) or Munich (MUC).