Traveling ex-US while on J status

Orien

Hi all,

I'm currently in the US as a J-1 Trainee and, on a separate note, I'm a DV2017 selectee. I may need to travel outside of the US and I'm worried about having problems upon return to the US. I think I know the regulations regarding Js in general (my visa has not expired, it allows Multiple entries and the DS2019 has a valid travel signature).

So given this scenario I believe I should have no problems traveling ex-US and returning on my current J-1. But I'm worried that the fact that I've been selected in the DV program to get a Green Card will pose problems. Is this right?

Does winning the DV lottery imply "immigrant intent"?

What should I do to minimize risk of being denied re-entry to the US on J1?

For context: I have not yet started the Green Card application process (ie I haven't submitted the DS-260 form or anything else related to the DV program).

Thanks a lot!

Hi all,

I'm currently in the US as a J-1 Trainee and, on a separate note, I'm a DV2017 selectee. I may need to travel outside of the US and I'm worried about having problems upon return to the US. I think I know the regulations regarding Js in general (my visa has not expired, it allows Multiple entries and the DS2019 has a valid travel signature).

So given this scenario I believe I should have no problems traveling ex-US and returning on my current J-1. But I'm worried that the fact that I've been selected in the DV program to get a Green Card will pose problems. Is this right?

Does winning the DV lottery imply "immigrant intent"?

What should I do to minimize risk of being denied re-entry to the US on J1?

For context: I have not yet started the Green Card application process (ie I haven't submitted the DS-260 form or anything else related to the DV program).

Thanks a lot!

The immigrant intent begins when you complete your DS-260. I'm not sure about the denial of entry. Congrats on been selected in the DV Lottery. How many years your tried?

hii
welcome here , If you travel out of the U.S should have the following documents in order to be re-admitted to the U.S.

passport
Copy of complete H-1B petition filed with the CIS.

thanks