• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 Administrative Process (AP) Cases

snoozer

Hi every one, I am a DV-2017 winner. I was interviewed on November 2nd in Ankara/Turkey and my case were put to AP. Where can I check the status of my case ? I checked the CEAC but it says: " Invalid Immigrant Visa Case Number."

~ Post moved from the DV 2016 AP Thread ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi every one, I am a DV-2017 winner. I was interviewed on November 2nd in Ankara/Turkey and my case were put to AP. Where can I check the status of my case ? I checked the CEAC but it says: " Invalid Immigrant Visa Case Number."

DV2017 cases are yet to be uploaded into CEAC.

Perfect Guess!! I am from Iran. So you are saying i will not be able to track my case in this 2 month until January? What if AP is completed say on December 28th?

If AP is completed, the embassy will contact you. But I would caution against banking on it happening soon. It's likely to be a couple of months, possibly well into 2017 before you get through.

If AP is completed, the embassy will contact you. But I would caution against banking on it happening soon. It's likely to be a couple of months, possibly well into 2017 before you get through.
Thank you. I have another question though. What are the odds of DV Visas quota finishing before i get my clearance?

Thank you. I have another question though. What are the odds of DV Visas quota finishing before i get my clearance?

Such a scenario is not unheard of, however it's too early to be thinking about that IMO. The 2017 FY is just starting, there's plenty of time and visas still available.

Hello. Why did they put you on AP?
Because some part of Iranian regime is suspected to be supporting regional anti US groups located in middle east. More over some individuals are trying to bypass the US sanctions against Iran to import banned goods to the country. Third group are the educated individuals that their area of study can be of dual use in military related technologies developments.

So the AP is checking an Iranian applicant against these major three groups to be sure that permanent residency of he/she is not against US national interest.

I hope this doesn't mean the AP will not start until Jan 2017!!? And to Tony2007: I really have no idea

You're already on AP. If you mean the actual process that takes place in the background, they can start whenever they're able to.

We've already told you it's going to take a couple of months, so you might want to find something else to occupy your mind and time. You need to stop stressing yourself needlessly.

Because some part of Iranian regime is suspected to be supporting regional anti US groups located in middle east. More over some individuals are trying to bypass the US sanctions against Iran to import banned goods to the country. Third group are the educated individuals that their area of study can be of dual use in military related technologies developments.

So the AP is checking an Iranian applicant against these major three groups to be sure that permanent residency of he/she is not against US national interest.

That's understand. Looks like more correspondences between two countries. Will take a bit of time. But I pray you'll come out clean.

Hi all, I e-mailed the US embassy in Ankara and asked how can I check the status of my Dv visa. It is their reply:
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Thank you for your email. We have taken necessary actions.
Please check your case status after tomorrow.
You won’t see error messages.
Regards
Immigrant Visa Unit
I wrote:
I still can not check my status and same error message appears.
I have attached my previous message and your reply.
Regards
They Replied:
Dear Sir/Madam;
There is a technical issue with our website. We hope that it will be resolved soon. You may email us to check your case status if you keep receiving error messages. Your administrative processing is still pending as of today.
Sincerely,
Immigrant Visa Unit
US Embassy, Ankara
>>>>ANY COMMENTS?!!

Hi all, I e-mailed the US embassy in Ankara and asked how can I check the status of my Dv visa. It is their reply:
Dear Sir/ Madam,
Regards
Immigrant Visa Unit
I wrote:
Regards
They Replied:
Dear Sir/Madam;
There is a technical issue with our website. We hope that it will be resolved soon. You may email us to check your case status if you keep receiving error messages. Your administrative processing is still pending as of today.
Sincerely,
Immigrant Visa Unit
US Embassy, Ankara
>>>>ANY COMMENTS?!!

Any comments??? :rolleyes: - how about your AP is still ongoing.

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Regards
Immigrant Visa Unit
I wrote:
Regards
They Replied:
Dear Sir/Madam;
Sincerely,
Immigrant Visa Unit
US Embassy, Ankara
>>>>ANY COMMENTS?!!

>>> NO!!!

Hello Everybody, Hi to Mr. Simon

I'm a new member. At first i thank you all for this wonderful website.

I need your advises please.

Last year in Nov. 2016 for the first time in my life i filled the DVS lottery online application form.
I don't know what i must to say Congradts of say what a expensive Joke.

I was the winner DVS in 2016 . (i'm married and i have a daughter , 21 years old / when we registerd the DVS at november 2016 . she was 20 years old. )
We did for medical test,, That was really very very expensive and paid cash. ! about 1000 euro.
last week we went for interview , we must to wait very long there. At first showed all Interview letters , my orginal identity card ( They knewwhat that named :" Shenas nameh " ). !

but that was very strange. we paid the money ( cash / about 1000 euro ) ,
they send us to another loket and this person asked us take the right hand high and tell everything in truth...
we must to wait till the last person at the loket there.

At the last minute , there was any consulant or no more any person there,
At last an another consulant ( not the first person ) told us, your application was wrong, you are from Iran , that must be fill in ASIA region not Europe. !!!!!!!
Ofcourse Everybody knows that Iran is in Asia territory region.
I can get their means, We living in Nederland , this is a Europe region or not ?
We were born in Iran, but my daughter born in Holland.
Anyway i really don't know if i did that mistake in online application, but we have all Dutch passport and i'm living here about the half of life.
They gave us a letter - Administration Proces - 221 g .. , and they told us " there is no possible for you to take a Green Card....... Good Bye " .

How is that possible, if i was wrong in application form there, how they send us all these proces and paying there and in last second tell us NO.
i was really angry and i say , that's impossible to do, i make a calim report. But that persons laugh me and said go on. ....

May you help me please, if i can to do something here . Or DVS 2016 will be great JOKE in my life.
Interact

Last edited:
Hello Everybody, Hi to Mr. Simon

I'm a new member. At first i thank you all for this wonderful website.

I need your advises please.

Last year in Nov. 2016 for the first time in my life i filled the DVS lottery online application form.
I don't know what i must to say Congradts of say what a expensive Joke.

I was the winner DVS in 2016 . (i'm married and i have a daughter , 21 years old / when we registerd the DVS at november 2016 . she was 20 years old. )
We did for medical test,, That was really very very expensive and paid cash. ! about 1000 euro.
last week we went for interview , we must to wait very long there. At first showed all Interview letters , my orginal identity card ( They knewwhat that named :" Shenas nameh " ). !

but that was very strange. we paid the money ( cash / about 1000 euro ) ,
they send us to another loket and this person asked us take the right hand high and tell everything in truth...
we must to wait till the last person at the loket there.

At the last minute , there was any consulant or no more any person there,
At last an another consulant ( not the first person ) told us, your application was wrong, you are from Iran , that must be fill in ASIA region not Europe. !!!!!!!
Ofcourse Everybody knows that Iran is in Asia territory region.
I can get their means, We living in Nederland , this is a Europe region or not ?
We were born in Iran, but my daughter born in Holland.
Anyway i really don't know if i did that mistake in online application, but we have all Dutch passport and i'm living here about the half of life.
They gave us a letter - Administration Proces - 221 g .. , and they told us " there is no possible for you to take a Green Card....... Good Bye " .

How is that possible, if i was wrong in application form there, how they send us all these proces and paying there and in last second tell us NO.
i was really angry and i say , that's impossible to do, i make a calim report. But that persons laugh me and said go on. ....

May you help me please, if i can to do something here . Or DVS 2016 will be great JOKE in my life.
Interact

I am sorry to say that their refusal was correct and the way they handled it was also correct. There is no chance of appeal.

The instructions when you entered the lottery very clearly said to enter your place of birth (not place of current residence or citizenship). So - if you and your wife were born in Iran, that is the country you should have listed. This is clear on the entry form and discussed in detail in the instructions and FAQ. It is also discussed many times on my blog and here.

So - it sounds like you listed Holland, and in that case you got a case number beginning 2017EUXXXX. That means you were in the wrong region and the rules clearly state the CO had no option except to refuse your case.

Why did they not refuse you until the interview - well that is correct procedure. You "might" have had reason to list Holland (such as your parents coming from there) and the procedure says they need to conduct the interview to "adjudicate" your case. The case cannot be refused without that interview.

If I or any of the regulars here had known the details of your case they would all have said you would be refused. It was completely predictable because it is the most basic instruction/rule.

So - I'm sorry, but there is nothing you can do but move on.