• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

So my case no is AF 248**
submitted D's 260 on may 28th
Unlocked resubmiton on July 8th
So pls when will my 2nl come from your expiriance?

So my case no is AF 248** After 2nl comes where do get Police Certificate ? I am from Ethiopia, Adiss Ababa pls any one who knows tell me in detail.

So my case no is AF 248**
submitted D's 260 on may 28th
Unlocked resubmiton on July 8th
So pls when will my 2nl come from your expiriance?
Hi fikerwa

Your case number should be current any time from March to may 2018, police certificate is obtained from forensic police department behind immigration it only takes 2 days to process and you will need your 2nd NL ( which is your appointment letter that you will receive a 2 months before interview date)

Good luck!

GLAD TO HAVE YOU,

THIS FORUM IS REALLY ENLIGHTENING.
I AM DV2017 SELECTEE AND I HAVE COUPLE OF QUESTIONS.
1. I LIVE IN ADDIS NOW. BUT HAD LIVED IN THREE OTHER TOWNS SINCE I TURNED 16.
SO DO I NEED POLICE CERTIFICATE FROM ALL?
WHAT DOES THE PROCESS LOOKS LIKE TO GET ONE?

2. I DON'T HAVE BIRTH CERTIFICATE BECAUSE I WAS BORN IN COUNTRYSIDE. WHERE CAN
I GET ONE NOW AND WHAT SHOULD IT INCLUDE?

REGARDS

GLAD TO HAVE YOU,

REGARDS
Hey ayub,

Glad you found this forum.

1. You only need police certificate from "countries "you live since you turn 16, if you were still in Ethiopia you only need one police certificate.

2. Go to your *kifleketema* and ask for a new birth certificate, they have a pre-printed version of it, it will have all the necessary information. Make sure you authenticate it after you get one.

GLAD TO HAVE YOU,

REGARDS

Please don't post in all uppercase again, it's like shouting.

congrats to Ethiopian dv 2017 winners , just in case chip in below the Ethiopian education document authentication procedure ...

Ethiopian Academic Documents Authentication Procedures

High School Transcript Authentication
First needs to authenticate the transcript from grade 9-12 at the school where u attended your high school level and then bring the school authenticated transcript to the regional education bureau for final authentication.

High School National Exam Certificates Authentication
First needs to authenticate the National Exam Certificates at the Ministry of Education and then take the authenticated Certificate to Mistry of Foreign Affairs for final Authentication

Higher Level Institutes Certificate and Grade Report Authentication
First needs to go to the university/college to authenticate the higher level Certificate but for the new curriculum graduates most of the Universities request the receipt of payment for cost sharing in order to authenticate.Once u authenticate the certificate and the grade report as well from your Instititute then go to MoFA for final Authentication.

High School (Preparatory School)
Place: The Place where u attended your Secondary and/or Preparatory Courses
Price: 10 birr/Paper
Requirement: unauthenticated High School Transcript
Time: better to go in the morning and it took less than 30 minutes

Addis Ababa City Education Bureau:
Price: 25 birr/Paper
Place: on the road from 6Killo to Ferensai/Bella in front of Oromia Court or u can use the back gate which is in front of 6Killo Egypt Embassy next to International Leadership Institute
Requirement: 8th Grade Ministry Certificate and School Authenticated High School Transcript
Time: better to go in the morning and it took less than 30 minutes

MoE/NoE (Ministry of Education/National Organization for Examination)
Place: 5Killo St. Marry Church in front of Abune Paulos Residence next to Menelik II Primary School
Price: 35 Birr/Paper
Requirement: unauthenticated High School Certificates [EGSECE(10th),EGSLCE(10th),ESLCE(12th),EHEECE(12th)]
Time: if u give the Certificate in the Morning,u can take it back either 5:30 Local time in the morning or 10:30 in the afternoon

MoFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Consular & Document Authentication Section)
Place: Casanchis on the road to Bambis via Ministry of Labor
Price: 150 Birr/Paper
Requirement: MoE authenticated Certificates
Time: better to go in the morning and it took around 30 minutes (works 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM

Documents Authentication Procedures for Private School Graduates
If u have a diploma or degree form private school
Authenticate on the school you attend then go to the Federal Higher Education Authentication agency in front of the embassy of united state.
Price 200.00 per page
Finally MoFA
If u have a diploma from technical school out of Addis Ababa
Authenticate on the school you attend then go to the Regional Technical and Authentication Agency
Finally MoFA
NOTE: - When you authenticate your document in any office don't forget beside the stamp you need a signature of the person who authenticate.
Good Luck!!!

thank you for your instant reply

ethiopian embassy post says "each visa applicant aged 16 years or over is required to submit a police certificate from the police authorities of each locality of the country of the applicant's nationality or current residence ..... ... six months since attaining the age of 16". so do you mean it is not necessary to get police certificate from all localities of my previous residence?

thank you very much

thank you for your instant reply

ethiopian embassy post says "each visa applicant aged 16 years or over is required to submit a police certificate from the police authorities of each locality of the country of the applicant's nationality or current residence ..... ... six months since attaining the age of 16". so do you mean it is not necessary to get police certificate from all localities of my previous residence?

thank you very much
Hey again!

Correct! You only need one police certificate. Forensic is a centralized operation.

congratulation to all the winners. i am a winner from Ethiopia.For the interview is it necessary to fill i-134 form for us embassy in Ethiopia?

congratulation to all the winners. i am a winner from Ethiopia.For the interview is it necessary to fill i-134 form for us embassy in Ethiopia?
Congrats!

I-134 is not mandatorly necessary, but does not hurt to have it ready if you can get one.

Good luck.

Dear friends, i am also one of z winner for DV2017.... i am now calculating the cost, in order to get z money either by saving or other means. so, can u guys give me info for how much it cost medical, transportation (my sponsor lived Atlanta), interview fee ($360 ??), visa fee ($160??) and if any other. beside this how much dollar do u recommend to take with me when i go, for any purpose. since my sponsor is not my close relative it will not safe to go empty handed.

Dear friends, i am also one of z winner for DV2017.... i am now calculating the cost, in order to get z money either by saving or other means. so, can u guys give me info for how much it cost medical, transportation (my sponsor lived Atlanta), interview fee ($360 ??), visa fee ($160??) and if any other. beside this how much dollar do u recommend to take with me when i go, for any purpose. since my sponsor is not my close relative it will not safe to go empty handed.

I think 330$ visa fee
165$ social security number fee, you can hold it till you arrived to US.
Then the medical check I don't know how much it will cost u.
Last thing the air tickets fee.
This is what i know.

I think 330$ visa fee
165$ social security number fee, you can hold it till you arrived to US.
Then the medical check I don't know how much it will cost u.
Last thing the air tickets fee.
This is what i know.

The SSN is free. The $165 fee is for the plastic GC. And this will actually change to $220 effective Dec. 23rd, 2016.