• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2017 DV Winners Meet Here!

Thank you for your explanation! but i am still confused with the question that say "Have you lived anywhere other than this address since the age of sixteen"or is the question for country other than Ethiopia

Thank you for your explanation! but i am still confused with the question that say "Have you lived anywhere other than this address since the age of sixteen"or is the question for country other than Ethiopia

It's address, exactly as the question is stated.

foreign affairs???... u mean i will have to go to foreign affairs to get authentication?....... my case no. 2017AF000335xx
actually your case number can not be current for October, as base line 2016 dv visa builtin your case will be current around may/June so you will have time for preparation
regarding authentication, all educational certificates should be authenticated first from school/university then second Foreign affairs but this is not the time to worry for it better to fill first the 260 ds form correctly.

i was in the process of filling the DS 260 and i am stuck at the question of work education and training!!Currently i am attending university and i am first year student
so
1.)what should i answer for the question highest level of education??HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR UNIVERSITY NO DEGREE???
2.) on primary occupation is ok if i choose STUDENT and Fill The info of my university??
3.)
since i am studying engineering; can i answer engineering for the question in what occupation do you intend to work in the U.S.
4.) my case number is 2017AF24### WHEN DO U THINK WILL BE MY INTERVIEW

i was in the process of filling the DS 260 and i am stuck at the question of work education and training!!Currently i am attending university and i am first year student
so
1.)what should i answer for the question highest level of education??HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR UNIVERSITY NO DEGREE???
2.) on primary occupation is ok if i choose STUDENT and Fill The info of my university??
3.)
since i am studying engineering; can i answer engineering for the question in what occupation do you intend to work in the U.S.
4.) my case number is 2017AF24### WHEN DO U THINK WILL BE MY INTERVIEW

1) Either is technically correct at this stage and doesn't make a difference to your outcome
2)yes
3)yes
4) i'll leave that to someone else

Hello Every one!
I am one of the DV2017 selectees and I live abroad for a study. Does any one has information if it is possible to get police certificates from Ethiopia through a delegate ?
Thank you!

thanx so very much #dagi magna for the thread.. i found these threads invaluable thnx everyone..

should've started by introducing myself... im a new member, a 2017 selectee from Ethiopia. i appreciate what u guys have been doing..

and we've got to keep the vibe c'mon 2017's batch, i can feel something special about our batch, pis!!!

Hello dears, very helpful forum indeed.
My issue is there is a slight spelling difference of my last name on my academic certificates(two letters actually); every other document is perfect. i already submitted my DS260.
My questions are...
1. Will this be an issue at the time of the interview?
2. Or can i use the "OTHER NAMES USED" field to mention the name as it appears on the academic certificates?

Waiting for your prompt reply.

Hello dears, very helpful forum indeed.
My issue is there is a slight spelling difference of my last name on my academic certificates(two letters actually); every other document is perfect. i already submitted my DS260.
My questions are...
1. Will this be an issue at the time of the interview?
2. Or can i use the "OTHER NAMES USED" field to mention the name as it appears on the academic certificates?

Waiting for your prompt reply.
if grade 10 and 12 national exam certificates are okay, you can ask your college/university a certificate of your diploma /degree with the right name

if grade 10 and 12 national exam certificates are okay, you can ask your college/university a certificate of your diploma /degree with the right name
the name is the same on all the three certificates, Grade 10 and 12 also on the degree certificate. and the last name on this academic certificates differ on 2 letters from My Birth certificate, Passport, EDV & DS260.

the name is the same on all the three certificates, Grade 10 and 12 also on the degree certificate. and the last name on this academic certificates differ on 2 letters from My Birth certificate, Passport, EDV & DS260.

hello ciciro how you been...

i suggest you to ask the campus you attended for a replacement of your name as it appears on your passport/ds&the birth cirtificate..

and about the grade 10&12 examinations i think i've seen some other girl's experience on the 2015 thread, i guess. she had the same issue and she went to ministry of examination to request a name change but it is not that easy to do that there unlike high schools/universities. so what she was told after explaining her case was that a committee will be formed to determine the matter...

the G-10 &12 certificates are indeed very important as that is the educational requirement but the most specifically crucial thing is that your name on passport, birth certificate and ds/edv has to match perfectly..
said that i think u should go to the national organization for examination and make a request..

hello ciciro how you been...

i suggest you to ask the campus you attended for a replacement of your name as it appears on your passport/ds&the birth cirtificate..

and about the grade 10&12 examinations i think i've seen some other girl's experience on the 2015 thread, i guess. she had the same issue and she went to ministry of examination to request a name change but it is not that easy to do that there unlike high schools/universities. so what she was told after explaining her case was that a committee will be formed to determine the matter...

the G-10 &12 certificates are indeed very important as that is the educational requirement but the most specifically crucial thing is that your name on passport, birth certificate and ds/edv has to match perfectly..
said that i think u should go to the national organization for examination and make a request..
Thank you very much. I appreciate it

Hey what's up?I'm new here
I wanted to ask you one question
When I filled my ds 260 I was in a rush so I made a simple mistake saying I attended 1school instead of filling 2........so guys is this going to be a problem this is my only mistake plus I have received my degree recently

Hey what's up?I'm new here
I wanted to ask you one question
When I filled my ds 260 I was in a rush so I made a simple mistake saying I attended 1school instead of filling 2........so guys is this going to be a problem this is my only mistake plus I have received my degree recently

you should state every institution you attended since highschool ( grade 9--university in your case)

so unlock it and add the institution you missed...

I sent an email,but they didn't unlock until now ,its been, 5hours
How long does it take?
Do they send an email?

5 hours only and you're already impatient? :rolleyes:. It's going to take days, it's not like there's a dedicated person monitoring email messages requesting for the DS260 form unlock.