One parent taking a child to Canada. What is needed?

dhlunar

Registered Users (C)
We have a nine-month old baby and my wife is traveling to Canada in a couple of weeks and want to take the baby with her. I am unable to go because of work. We already got our baby a US Passport. I read that my wife will need - besides the baby's passport - a signed letter from me saying it is OK that the baby is going to Canada, a copy of my passport information page, and a copy of the baby's birth certificate. Is there any other documentation that is needed for my wife to take our baby to Canada to visit? Does my approval letter need to notarized?

That should be fine. No need to have your letter notarised.

We have a nine-month old baby and my wife is traveling to Canada in a couple of weeks and want to take the baby with her. I am unable to go because of work. We already got our baby a US Passport. I read that my wife will need - besides the baby's passport - a signed letter from me saying it is OK that the baby is going to Canada, a copy of my passport information page, and a copy of the baby's birth certificate. Is there any other documentation that is needed for my wife to take our baby to Canada to visit? Does my approval letter need to notarized?