• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Another question: i have a substantial loan with a US bank with a co-signer (US resident). Will it be seen as a negative, if i also show financial support and proof of employment?

KCC doesn't deal with AoS cases at all. The FO will book your interview once they are ready. The FO will be chosen for you based on your address on the I485. Please read and digest the spreadsheet on the first post of this thread. It explains the process very well.
Thank you! Digestion takes time, but it eventually kicks:rolleyes:

Hi every body, I wish you have a great day,
I got selected for 2017 DV lottery, my number is Asia 8000?
What should I do now? Just watching the visa Bulletin for my number and preparing the papers or there is something else I can do?

Hi every body, I wish you have a great day,
I got selected for 2017 DV lottery, my number is Asia 8000?
What should I do now? Just watching the visa Bulletin for my number and preparing the papers or there is something else I can do?

Are you processing AOS or CP?

Another question: i have a substantial loan with a US bank with a co-signer (US resident). Will it be seen as a negative, if i also show financial support and proof of employment?

Your current annual income, and proof that income is on-going is all that matters.

I live and work in the US now, I have a temporary EAD also so am applying for AOS.

In that case you need to go through the AOS spreadsheet, the link to it is available on the first post on page one of this Thread. It has a step by step guide of what needs to be done when. If you still have questions after carefully going over the spreadsheet, come back and post them on this Thread.

Hi, I am currently on F1 student visa and hopefully I will be graduating in the fall, so I need to apply for OPT to be able to work in the USA. Does going through AOS process affect getting opt?? If it does what's your advice in this case? My case number is the early thousands for Asia, so I am hoping that my interview will be in November or December but still I cannot plan everything based on this as it may not be scheduled till 2017.
Thanks

~~ New Thread Merged with Existing AOS Thread ~~​

Last edited by a moderator:
@Loulou17,

There's no need to create a new Thread for trying to get clarifications on AOS related issues, so your new Thread got merged with the existing AOS 2017 Thread.

Hi, I am currently on F1 student visa and hopefully I will be graduating in the fall, so I need to apply for OPT to be able to work in the USA. Does going through AOS process affect getting opt?? If it does what's your advice in this case? My case number is the early thousands for Asia, so I am hoping that my interview will be in November or December but still I cannot plan everything based on this as it may not be scheduled till 2017.
Thanks

~~ New Thread Merged with Existing AOS Thread ~~​

AFAIK, applying for AOS hasn't impacted OPT petition in the past. Just make sure you send in your OPT petition before sending in the AOS package.

I am a student in USA with J-1 visa, and my wife won a DV lottery 2017. Am I eligible to apply for status adjustment?

I am a student in USA with J-1 visa, and my wife won a DV lottery 2017. Am I eligible to apply for status adjustment?

If you came into the country legally and haven't gone out of status since being admitted into the US, you are eligible for status adjustment. Two questions for you though:

1. Is your wife also in the US?
2. Is there a 2-year home stay requirement attached to your J visa?

Thanks at all
1. My wife is not in the USA. She is back home.
2. my visa has a sentence that says "212E TWO YEAR RULE DOES NOT APPLY"

Thanks at all
1. My wife is not in the USA. She is back home.
2. my visa has a sentence that says "212E TWO YEAR RULE DOES NOT APPLY"

You're better off processing CP then since your wife, the main selectee isn't currently in the US. Go through CP together with your wife.

Sorry for more asking
Can you tell me what is CP?

CP - Consular Processing - Interview takes place at an assigned US embassy close to the listed home address.

This will be less complicated for you and your wife, you get interviewed together, rather than she interviewing first, being approved alone AND entering the US BEFORE you can file for adjustment.

AFAIK, applying for AOS hasn't impacted OPT petition in the past. Just make sure you send in your OPT petition before sending in the AOS package.
I am not sure if that's going to be possible as I won't be done until December 2016. I think I will have to send my AOS package before OPT and I am afraid that this way my OPT petition may be denied. Do you have any advice in this case?

I am not sure if that's going to be possible as I won't be done until December 2016. I think I will have to send my AOS package before OPT and I am afraid that this way my OPT petition may be denied. Do you have any advice in this case?

Isn't OPT application supposed to be 3 months prior to graduation, which means if you're graduating in December you apply for OPT in Oct (or is it even in Sept)?

Anyway, you also need to be more specific with your CN disclosure if you want proper guidance, telling us your case "is in the early thousands" isn't giving us the needed information to guide you.