• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 AOS Only

Yes, you can start another AOS process (with all the applicable fees) when your CN becomes current.

No, the beneficiary cannot start any part of the process until after you the PA complete the AOS process. Then you'll initiate the process for your case file to get transferred to the home embassy of where the beneficiary is residing to undergo their own interview process. Beneficiary cannot be approved or interviewed without the PA successfully completing the process first.

I have another concern. I talked with one lawyer. She recommended doing interfiling my old I-485 explaining that I have another option (DV-lottery) plus my employment based petition. What's your idea?

I have another concern. I talked with one lawyer. She recommended doing interfiling my old I-485 explaining that I have another option (DV-lottery) plus my employment based petition. What's your idea?

My immediate reaction was to give you my canned response of I'm not an immigration attorney, I don't speak on other petitions and I can only provide guidance on straight forward DV based AOS petition.

Having said that though, I will go a step further and point you to this quote below (as I don't know if the lawyer you spoke with mentioned that or not):

"The criteria for interfiling are not written in the law or any regulation. Interfiling, or conversion, is purely an administratively created procedure and is described only in guidance for USCIS adjudicators – specifically, the AFM and USCIS memoranda. As such, the decision to grant any particular type of interfiling request is discretionary, and not guaranteed" - Read more from the actual website linked below:

http://www.murthy.com/2013/07/26/in...petition-into-pending-i-485-case-part-1-of-2/

Inter filing may appear like it will save you some money upfront, it's not necessarily going to gain you time. Personally, I would rather have two AOS petitions in the system just in case one fails. Plus a DV based AOS petition really is straight forward enough on its own, and regardless of what the IOs typically tell people on INFOPASS appointments when following up on their cases, DV based petitions are usually prioritized because they're time limited.

At the end of the day though, your case, your decision.

My immediate reaction was to give you my canned response of I'm not an immigration attorney, I don't speak on other petitions and I can only provide guidance on straight forward DV based AOS petition.

Having said that though, I will go a step further and point you to this quote below (as I don't know if the lawyer you spoke with mentioned that or not):

"The criteria for interfiling are not written in the law or any regulation. Interfiling, or conversion, is purely an administratively created procedure and is described only in guidance for USCIS adjudicators – specifically, the AFM and USCIS memoranda. As such, the decision to grant any particular type of interfiling request is discretionary, and not guaranteed" - Read more from the actual website linked below:

Inter filing may appear like it will save you some money upfront, it's not necessarily going to gain you time. Personally, I would rather have two AOS petitions in the system just in case one fails. Plus a DV based AOS petition really is straight forward enough on its own, and regardless of what the IOs typically tell people on INFOPASS appointments when following up on their cases, DV based petitions are usually prioritized because they're time limited.

At the end of the day though, your case, your decision.

Thank you! you know more than any lawyer!

Hello! I'm a DV 2017 selectee (CN 2017EUxxxxxxxx); currently in the States on H1B. I have a couple of questions:
- Will submitting a DS 260 affect my H1B status in any way? Do i need to notify my employer about my application?
- I chose AOS when submitting the DS 260; can i later switch to CP?
- The original of my high school diploma got lost in the archives of my university. I have 2 university degrees i can show + employment proof. Do you think that will that be sufficient? Has anyone had that situation here?
- And finally, should i assume my CN will become current in Oct'16?

Thank you very much for putting the spreadsheet together!

Hello! I'm a DV 2017 selectee (CN 2017EUxxxxxxxx); currently in the States on H1B. I have a couple of questions:
- Will submitting a DS 260 affect my H1B status in any way? Do i need to notify my employer about my application?
- The original of my high school diploma got lost in the archives of my university. I have 2 university degrees i can show + employment proof. Do you think that will that be sufficient? Has anyone had that situation here?

Sorry, hid too much of my CN: 2017EU0001xxxx

- No. No.
- Yes
- Some IOs have been known to have insisted on seeing the HS diploma, some don't bother to ask. In your case, I suppose you'll just have to go with what you have.
- No

Thank you!

Everything i read so far translates into the assumption that KCC sets up my interview. Does the below mean that they set up the date, but i need to reach out to a specific FO?

KCC-Q.jpg

Thank you!

Everything i read so far translates into the assumption that KCC sets up my interview. Does the below mean that they set up the date, but i need to reach out to a specific FO?

View attachment 713

KCC doesn't deal with AoS cases at all. The FO will book your interview once they are ready. The FO will be chosen for you based on your address on the I485. Please read and digest the spreadsheet on the first post of this thread. It explains the process very well.

Kindly plz.Can you attach the link of spreadsheet again.I can't find it.
.sorry for thay

The referenced spreadsheet does not apply to your case! This Thread is for people already in the US who are processing AOS, they know what the spreadsheet is about and where to find it. As a matter of fact, I will suggest you stay off this particular Thread so as to not confuse yourself!!

Thank you and sorry for that .this the first time im using forum.yes I'm little bit confused about how to use it.

Hello,

I have a couple of question that I would like some advise:
1) We have been selected (currently in E-1) with 2017EU00008XXX which should be current in October according to the Bulletin history. We have to travel back June and Jully for vaccation in our country so I'm delaying our DS260 (Re-opened). Do you think from your experience that submitting the DS260 beginning of August can delay the AOS?
2) Looking in your spreasheet, I have seen a lot of people sending their AOS application (I485) without receiving the 2NL notification of KCC.
Is the 2NL really needed for submitting the I485 application?

Note: You may want to add in your spreadsheet that some document like I508/I508F may be needed depending on your visa with I485 application

Hello,

I have a couple of question that I would like some advise:
1) We have been selected (currently in E-1) with 2017EU00008XXX which should be current in October according to the Bulletin history. We have to travel back June and Jully for vaccation in our country so I'm delaying our DS260 (Re-opened). Do you think from your experience that submitting the DS260 beginning of August can delay the AOS?
2) Looking in your spreasheet, I have seen a lot of people sending their AOS application (I485) without receiving the 2NL notification of KCC.
Is the 2NL really needed for submitting the I485 application?

Note: You may want to add in your spreadsheet that some document like I508/I508F may be needed depending on your visa with I485 application

1. No.
2. Is not a matter of 'need', it's more of crossing the t's and dotting the i's.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding the I508/I508F. It's been thought of in the past and we decided against its inclusion since its only applicable to a marginal number of DV based AOS applicants. There's the concern most of the people it's not applicable to may accidentally include it or keep asking about it. Anyway, will give it some more thoughts.