• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2017 OC Selectees

Sitting here in total shock... Also have been selected. Case number OC7**
dv_lotto.jpg

It must have been beginners luck- I was randomly selected! Case number 7xx. It's 5am and I'm in shock. I don't know whether to be excited or terrified (or maybe I'm just sleep-deprived). Oh my goodness... here we go!
Congrats Jesscica!!!I also got selected with case number OC7** :)

I wonder why this year they dont make a mention of holding the details for a certain period for those that werent selected? or why they didnt note the total number of selectees? Hopefully CN7** is still considered low

Dont mean to be annoyingly asking questions already lol but @Britsimon going off previous years, do you have a rough idea when CN7** would be interviewed?

And thank you for your site - it's become like a bible to me already haha

I wonder why this year they dont make a mention of holding the details for a certain period for those that werent selected? or why they didnt note the total number of selectees? Hopefully CN7** is still considered low

Dont mean to be annoyingly asking questions already lol but @Britsimon going off previous years, do you have a rough idea when CN7** would be interviewed?

And thank you for your site - it's become like a bible to me already haha

I'd say probably Dec this year. Get your DS-260 in now, and get your paperwork ready. Once you get your 2NL, get your medicals done.

A huge congrats to JessicaElle and MissM88! It must be really exciting! I'm ecstatic on your behalves!

This is my first year applying but it certainly won't be my last. For all other people from the Land Down Under, I wish you luck in your futures applying. I guess the main thing is to keep on keeping! I'm a little glad I didn't get it this year, I'm still swimming in my Honours year and I need to sort out my PhD for next year and beyond so I guess while that settles next year, I'll apply again.

Keep us posted on your journeys! And I wish you both the best of luck. Maybe sometime in the future we could all meet up somewhere in America and laugh at things like "tomato sauce". Haha. <3

First of hopefully not too many silly questions :)

I was reading some info on @Britsimon 's website and came across this section

RISK OF APPLYING
If you have a temporary US visitors visa (or might need one in the future) you should be aware that there is a slight risk that your DV application (if you proceed) can be evidence that you have "immigrant intent". That can make it more difficult to get a visa in the future if you do not secure the Green Card through the DV program.

I have a holiday booked to America (only 11 days) this June 27 - July 9th. Do you think it will be an issue? With my case number OC7** I wasn't sure whether I should wait to submit my 260 form or not (not rushing to it today, spending the next week or so reading everything I can get my hands on lol

First of hopefully not too many silly questions :)

I was reading some info on @Britsimon 's website and came across this section

RISK OF APPLYING
If you have a temporary US visitors visa (or might need one in the future) you should be aware that there is a slight risk that your DV application (if you proceed) can be evidence that you have "immigrant intent". That can make it more difficult to get a visa in the future if you do not secure the Green Card through the DV program.

I have a holiday booked to America (only 11 days) this June 27 - July 9th. Do you think it will be an issue? With my case number OC7** I wasn't sure whether I should wait to submit my 260 form or not (not rushing to it today, spending the next week or so reading everything I can get my hands on lol

Your holiday should not be a p[roblem. You are probably on a visa waiver program - right? In that case no problem, and it would only be a problem if you were applying for a visa after submitting the DS260.

A huge congrats to JessicaElle and MissM88! It must be really exciting! I'm ecstatic on your behalves!

This is my first year applying but it certainly won't be my last. For all other people from the Land Down Under, I wish you luck in your futures applying. I guess the main thing is to keep on keeping! I'm a little glad I didn't get it this year, I'm still swimming in my Honours year and I need to sort out my PhD for next year and beyond so I guess while that settles next year, I'll apply again.

Keep us posted on your journeys! And I wish you both the best of luck. Maybe sometime in the future we could all meet up somewhere in America and laugh at things like "tomato sauce". Haha. <3

I am also swimming in my final honours year and contemplating what PhD looks like if I start here and move. We may have to compare notes!

Q

Pretty ecstatic! second year applying and luck happened to be on my side this time around.
my case number is low 5xx. was wondering what all I need to get done?
Was filling in the DS 260 form but stopped when I reached the address section, as there is one section where I have to state where I intend to live and if I would be using this address to receive my greencard (if i do get it). I read a few other forums and they all said to use any address as you have the option to change it later on.

I understand I have to get my medicals done, police clearance and get all other documentation ready upon the confirmation of an interview. However, I am wondering if they would ask about finances/ etc or that is not a question they ask at interviews.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 8.43.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 8.43.55 PM.png
    475 KB · Views: 27
If you are interviewing in Sydney, they don't tend to ask about finances as a general rule.

However, it's always worth going in prepared to answer that question and/or provide proof. I had prepared a statement of our financial position (assets vs liabilities) just in case they asked.

Ah ok. I just moved back to Fiji, was only in Sydney for my uni. Well lets hope this works out. Would probably start saving so that my statement looks good if I am selected for an interview.

Thank you :) and congrats to you too :) missm88
I'm just stuck at the section where we gotta fill in an address where we intend to stay. Since I do not know anyone I don't know what to write. Absolutely gutted now. I really wanted to fill in that section ASAP but I have no idea what to write