• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2015 DV Winners from Zimbabwe

Ok thanx.but whats more better applying for a tourist visa then green card once in the states or to just wait for the dv lottery

See my answer above, on what basis do you plan to "apply for a green card" assuming they grant you a tourist visa?

Oh i see i understand coz when you ask people who moved to the states they make it seem like its an easy process like you get a visa and then stay there for good.but i wanted to get correct info 1st from people already there like how they got in through the dv lottery.it seems like its a long hard process this lottery

Oh i see i understand coz when you ask people who moved to the states they make it seem like its an easy process like you get a visa and then stay there for good.but i wanted to get correct info 1st from people already there like how they got in through the dv lottery.it seems like its a long hard process this lottery

It's a lot easier than any other route.

Not necessarily, it is a lottery system with some basic requirements added on to it, and, depending on your personal circumstances, your best way towards obtaining a "Green Card". Just one last point from my end: trying to obtain a US "tourist visa" for the sole purpose of immigrating to the US would be categorized as immigration fraud with possible resulting life time ban, if enforced. Your intention to obtain US residency based on "correct info" and appropriate legal process is undoubtedly the right way forward. Good luck to you!

Hi guys, I am sort of new to this forum. Never really registered, but always managed to stalk everyone profiles and read through the comments. From Zim living in the States, SF. My number is AFxxxx45***, so I just became current. Going through the AOS. I see multiple notes about the AOS process taking between 1-3 months. Does anybody know if that is still the issue? (Lucked out in the sense that my company has lawayers filing everything on my behalf. Bad thing is I get a little complacent)

Thanks guys!

Hi guys, I am sort of new to this forum. Never really registered, but always managed to stalk everyone profiles and read through the comments. From Zim living in the States, SF. My number is AFxxxx45***, so I just became current. Going through the AOS. I see multiple notes about the AOS process taking between 1-3 months. Does anybody know if that is still the issue? (Lucked out in the sense that my company has lawayers filing everything on my behalf. Bad thing is I get a little complacent)

Thanks guys!

Yes, AOS takes 1-3 more months (could be longer in some cases). You can go through the AOS Thread and post subsequent questions there:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-aos-only.7/

You might want to think twice about your complacency and total reliance on your company lawyers filing everything on your behalf.

Thanks guys!

Hi
You may want to go over to the aos forum and have a look there.
There is a fair amount of scepticism about lawyers doing aos cases for DV as they seem to mess up often (because DV aos cases are pretty rare and they differ from normal aos) so I'd recommend you at least confirm they are taking the right approach.

Edit: mom beat me to it!

Last edited:

Thanks guys!

Mom and Susie have already responded appropriately - but I would add to what they said. Because of the September 30th cutoff, it is essential that you process your case quickly. That means taking every advantage - and frankly, having a lawyer acting for you is a disadvantage. You need to understand the process and make sure the lawyer doesn't mess the whole thing up.

For example, have they filed your I-485 yet? If not, when are they planning to do that?

Hi Guys,

I apologize for the delayed response. I took your opinions, and completed everything as humanly fast as possible. I just received my email notifying me that my lockbox, and acceptance of my application. Im now in a race to do the biometrics and continue in the process. Holding my breath until before sept 30! Thank you all for the positive and helpful responses.

Hi Guys,

I apologize for the delayed response. I took your opinions, and completed everything as humanly fast as possible. I just received my email notifying me that my lockbox, and acceptance of my application. Im now in a race to do the biometrics and continue in the process. Holding my breath until before sept 30! Thank you all for the positive and helpful responses.

Good luck! Hoping we get a post from you soon telling us about your approval!

Thanx Sussie.Havn't decided on that yet still looking at the best state to go.Which one wld u recommend am a Finance person

Thanx Sussie.Havn't decided on that yet still looking at the best state to go.Which one wld u recommend am a Finance person

Depends what you mean by "finance". If you mean accounting or financial adviser type, there will be jobs everywhere. If you mean like financial sector/banking/stockbroking etc where you'd prefer a main center, the hubs are usually NY (main), Boston (lots of investment managers), North Carolina (amongst others, BoA is headquartered there), Chicago (CBOT etc, investment managers), San Francsco and some of LA/SoCal (investment managers etc).

I'd like the Financial adviser type,just finished my fraud examiner course as well, so maybe i could get into that

Well then you can probably settle anywhere. There will be new exams to take in the U.S. to get licensed here, I'm not sure of all the details on those.

All the best to all those who have been selected. I would love to promote this lottery in Zimbabwe. I strongly think that we could get many more Zimbabweans to benefit from this lottery.
helo ther i saw yo post I applied for the dv2017 lottery awaiting the results, just incase I get selected I wanted to know
how you go about the process after you been selected . thanks hey