• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Historical Visa Bulletin Numbers - 5 regions

dear Super Moderator i am from Ethiopia & my CN is 289**
do i have a chance to be interview ?

Last edited:
Current means all numbers get a chance to interview.
Just so I know I understood clearly, current means that all number selected for that region get a chance regardless how high the numbers are?
Also I am wondering, the number for a month means those numbers get interviews in that particular month? thanks a lot !! :)

Just so I know I understood clearly, current means that all number selected for that region get a chance regardless how high the numbers are?
Also I am wondering, the number for a month means those numbers get interviews in that particular month? thanks a lot !! :)

Yes to the first.
Slightly more complex re the second - means everyone whose number is below the cut off is eligible to interview that month. It's not that unusual for people to interview in a later month than the one in which their case number becomes current, usually this would be because they submitted their DS260 too late to be processed in time for the earliest possible month.

Hello all, thank you for having this forum :)

I recently won a lottery and my number was EU00025***. I submitted my DS 260 and clicked on AOS, because I am in the U.S. I called to KCC and from what I understood they advised me to go to USCIS to check if I am qualified, but I am an F1 student and always have been for like 3 years already. I think I am qualified for AOS, because I am non immigrant and never break the law or been suspended from F1.

I believe now I have to wait for an email from KCC, showing me that my interview schedule is ready. ( please correct me if I am wrong ).

Could you tell me, when I will be called for an interview? based on my CN number (EU25***), and your experience from Previous years.

I just don't know when to pay for AOS and when to start getting med exam and other needed documents for AOS.

Much appreciated.

Hello all, thank you for having this forum :)

I recently won a lottery and my number was EU00025***. I submitted my DS 260 and clicked on AOS, because I am in the U.S. I called to KCC and from what I understood they advised me to go to USCIS to check if I am qualified, but I am an F1 student and always have been for like 3 years already. I think I am qualified for AOS, because I am non immigrant and never break the law or been suspended from F1.

I believe now I have to wait for an email from KCC, showing me that my interview schedule is ready. ( please correct me if I am wrong ).

Could you tell me, when I will be called for an interview? based on my CN number (EU25***), and your experience from Previous years.

I just don't know when to pay for AOS and when to start getting med exam and other needed documents for AOS.

Much appreciated.

You need to go here http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2018-aos-only.336256/ and READ the first post and spreadsheet properly. Then if you still have questions, ask in that thread.

You need to go here and READ the first post and spreadsheet properly. Then if you still have questions, ask in that thread.

Hey there,

I sure will, but do you know approximately when I will have my interview. Like if you already know and look at 2017, and if you take number EU25k is it safe number and will I have an interview around October this year or does 25k means next year September.

I've seen that people with 10k numbers have early interviews, means that they need to start preparing needed documents for AOS.

I hope you understand my point.

Hey there,

I sure will, but do you know approximately when I will have my interview. Like if you already know and look at 2017, and if you take number EU25k is it safe number and will I have an interview around October this year or does 25k means next year September.

I've seen that people with 10k numbers have early interviews, means that they need to start preparing needed documents for AOS.

I hope you understand my point.

Please go to the other forum: with AOS the timing of interviews is not as predictable as CP. to start with: you don't get scheduled by KCC, you send in your pack when current then wait for your field office to contact you.

Please go to the other forum: with AOS the timing of interviews is not
Please go to the other forum: with AOS the timing of interviews is not as predictable as CP. to start with: you don't get scheduled by KCC, you send in your pack when current then wait for your field office to contact you.

Got it.

Am I right that in order to start checking if my number is current, I have to wait until august, because only then they will start showing bulletin for 2018 winners. If it will show August 2018 CN under 26k in the bulletin for EU,it will mean my interview will be approximately around October this (2017 year). Is that correct.

Please let me know ?

Got it.

Am I right that in order to start checking if my number is current, I have to wait until august, because only then they will start showing bulletin for 2018 winners. If it will show August 2018 CN under 26k in the bulletin for EU,it will mean my interview will be approximately around October this (2017 year). Is that correct.

Please let me know ?

That number won't be current until spring 2018. At that point you can submit your I-485 package and then wait for an interview. This process is not fast. Forget anything happening in 2017.