• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Hi! guys take my apologies for the long silence. First i have been well and doing good. I bought my car on 24th of dec 2014. Subaru impreza the reason i wanted a reliable car for my start. I have been driving using my international driving licence and my Kenyan driving licence. Yesterday i did my written texas drivers exam and passed was issued with a permit.
My problem is my physical greencard which has never come. I paid the USCIS 165$ fee on 18th of nov 2014 and issued with a receipt.​
Before then i received physical mail from immigration saying they have sent my file to USCIS and i need to pay the USICIS fee for my file to be processed. My case life cycle states Accepted and status details states (your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review)
I need to travel back home and i have already paid the tickets departing day being 1st of feb 2015. I will come back on 6th of April 2015. My passport has my temporary greencard for one year.
My question is am i guaranteed to use my passport taking into consideration my visa will have expired on my date of travel. Please advice

Hi! guys take my apologies for the long silence. First i have been well and doing good. I bought my car on 24th of dec 2014. Subaru impreza the reason i wanted a reliable car for my start. I have been driving using my international driving licence and my Kenyan driving licence. Yesterday i did my written texas drivers exam and passed was issued with a permit.
My problem is my physical greencard which has never come. I paid the USCIS 165$ fee on 18th of nov 2014 and issued with a receipt.​
Before then i received physical mail from immigration saying they have sent my file to USCIS and i need to pay the USICIS fee for my file to be processed. My case life cycle states Accepted and status details states (your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review)
I need to travel back home and i have already paid the tickets departing day being 1st of feb 2015. I will come back on 6th of April 2015. My passport has my temporary greencard for one year.
My question is am i guaranteed to use my passport taking into consideration my visa will have expired on my date of travel. Please advice

Yes you will be fine for travel. The expiration date of the original visa is no longer relevant - what is relevant now is the date of endorsement (entry stamp) - and the one year after that.

Yes you will be fine for travel. The expiration date of the original visa is no longer relevant - what is relevant now is the date of endorsement (entry stamp) - and the one year after that.

Hi apologies for the silence. What became of the Oklahoma Party? It has been busy for me over here in Virginia. I moved from Oregon to Virgina and now work in DC

It is a good feeling to read stories from most you guys in this feeling. It is progressively clearing the doubts I had about the DV lottery, reinforcing my growing understanding that it is a real program and that it works (not a scam as I thought it to be from what I read on some Internet Ads).

Congratulations to those who got their visas (the control-freak in me, who thinks a less than 1% chance of winning is close to zero and not worth pursuing, is proven wrong) and I can see now that trying the DV lottery is not a "waste of time" as I used to think.
I have never been happier to be proven wrong and I find comfort in knowing that it is never too late to learn, and that now I know better.

@Nicy: any news from our friend from Rwanda who got AP from the embassy?

I applied for the 2016 on the 1st day of the lottery, and I have been reading about the DV program since October to better inform myself. In 3 months, if I the less than 1% chance of being chosen falls on me, I'll know I have a community of people from whom to seek advice in further processing.

Good afternoon my family,
@ exactly 10:35am my visa was granted,i had to wear my wrist watch so that i could keep track of time...thank you all for your prayers,wishing those with interviews and medicals all the best..am not good at narrating but Il try my best;;
i arrived at the embassy at around 6:10am and my letter was written 6:30am,i found a small Que,like 10people ahead of me.The guard at the gate tells us to remove our passport and appointment letter as they start checking us,one Que is for men and the other for women.That was the first check,the second one you que again and a lady check your appointment letter and confirms on another list on her desk,after which you enter a security room where you surrender your(switched off phone),among other things you have carried on a big basin.after they check you are given back your documents ,wallet but your phone is left in the room but you are given a tag to collect it later.
Then you are directed to a shelter where people wait to be called on the counters,but first before you get sited you enter the building where you are given a number,now you go outside and get sited and wait to be called.
First i was called to counter 4 where my original certs were taken and my old photos returned as i submitted my latest ones,then the clerk gave me a payslip to go and pay the 330 dollars,then i returned the receipt to counter 4,and was asked to wait outside.
That is the longest time ever,please take NOTE,for those who have not gone there,that place is seriously cold,its an open place with the roof covered so the sides don't have barriers..i wait and wait and i made friends with a Rwandan brother i met there,,,after hours of waiting my name is called to counter 9 where the C.O is..
C.O...do you swear blah...
ME: i do
C.O ..when did u complete high skul
ME:........
CO:Which other country have ever been to?
ME:Ug...
CO:Wch university
ME: Makerere
CO:who is your host
ME:i want to change my host (i had written it on a piece of paper)i give the CO..
CO:Your visa has been granted
ME:Thank you
The C.O gives me the green paper and asks me to go register wth DHL,and will receive my package in 2 or 3 weeks though tho on the green paper it is written one week..
Unfortunately my Rwanda friend was given an Administrative process letter that they had to confirm his Diploma papers,but i pray that it is confirmed soon,coz it was really sad.

I thank God for all of you and for the far he has brought all of us.We give all the glory to him.Forgive my typing error..God bless you all/

@Nicy Congrats!! After many non-immigrant visa interviews and a student visa interview, I must confess reading your embassy experience makes me think that the DV lottery visa interview sounds less stressful than Nonimmigrant or student visa interviews.

P.S: you did more than well for somebody who is not good at narrating, you gave us a "visual" experience of what it is like. Kudos!!

Good afternoon my family,
@ exactly 10:35am my visa was granted,i had to wear my wrist watch so that i could keep track of time...thank you all for your prayers,wishing those with interviews and medicals all the best..am not good at narrating but Il try my best;;
i arrived at the embassy at around 6:10am and my letter was written 6:30am,i found a small Que,like 10people ahead of me.The guard at the gate tells us to remove our passport and appointment letter as they start checking us,one Que is for men and the other for women.That was the first check,the second one you que again and a lady check your appointment letter and confirms on another list on her desk,after which you enter a security room where you surrender your(switched off phone),among other things you have carried on a big basin.after they check you are given back your documents ,wallet but your phone is left in the room but you are given a tag to collect it later.
Then you are directed to a shelter where people wait to be called on the counters,but first before you get sited you enter the building where you are given a number,now you go outside and get sited and wait to be called.
First i was called to counter 4 where my original certs were taken and my old photos returned as i submitted my latest ones,then the clerk gave me a payslip to go and pay the 330 dollars,then i returned the receipt to counter 4,and was asked to wait outside.
That is the longest time ever,please take NOTE,for those who have not gone there,that place is seriously cold,its an open place with the roof covered so the sides don't have barriers..i wait and wait and i made friends with a Rwandan brother i met there,,,after hours of waiting my name is called to counter 9 where the C.O is..
C.O...do you swear blah...
ME: i do
C.O ..when did u complete high skul
ME:........
CO:Which other country have ever been to?
ME:Ug...
CO:Wch university
ME: Makerere
CO:who is your host
ME:i want to change my host (i had written it on a piece of paper)i give the CO..
CO:Your visa has been granted
ME:Thank you
The C.O gives me the green paper and asks me to go register wth DHL,and will receive my package in 2 or 3 weeks though tho on the green paper it is written one week..
Unfortunately my Rwanda friend was given an Administrative process letter that they had to confirm his Diploma papers,but i pray that it is confirmed soon,coz it was really sad.

I thank God for all of you and for the far he has brought all of us.We give all the glory to him.Forgive my typing error..God bless you all/