• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

It is sad that every time DV Lottery is on people not only in Kenya get fleeced. Heard about a lady who was from a lowly back ground who was a DV2010 she had even opted to marry a guy who would finance the Visas, Medical and flights. Luckily for her when they went to CID for finger prints on the collection day the guy was arrested. He was a wanted criminal so she for go that year and tried again . Lady Luck smiled on her as she was selected for DV2012. This time round her dad opted to sell their land to finance the daughters expenses. She was successful in her interview and eventually left for the US.
Here in Africa its because of poverty, ignorance that people would almost do anything to get out their home countries.

Hello friends,
This morning i woke up curious about the information I got from a friend we are with in this forum and also on whatsapp. He says there is a fellow who had applied for green card through an agent. Upto this time, he has not checked whether he was selected or not for the agent demands from him $1100 so that he may be given that information. Is there a way this fellow can retrieve the information about his application status without necessarily going through the agent? Can he call the embassy or even the consular though I know they will need the email address from him? What can this fellow do? @Britsimon @Simon @usken go and all members give your input. Further, this has just brought me to the reality of having so many especially Africans who applied. I am afraid most people applied through agents who probably did not even let them use their own email addresses and this will certainly affect those that had been assisted to apply as they are seeking ridiculous amounts of money. #SAD.copy @Sm1smom

Ms Dada has posted a similar situation. DV is to a a large extent about having all the knowledge and information with you, else you have almost insurmountable odds stacked against you.
The only chance and is a slim one is in ignoring the fraudsters completely, if they change their mind well and good if they don't life goes on.
However, BE SURE TO INFORM THE US EMBASSY, lest they try to impersonate you in any way.
Sounds like tough luck but i wish it wasn't.

IT appears COs' get infected with a people's ways when they stay with them, why see how exciting it is for the dv selectee Kiwis in NZ. Kiwis are generally good people.

@Simon.When you get your first paycheck, start a super save account.;) Congratulations
Good advise;does anyone know somebody here in New Jersey who might be interested with a job-I will be willing to aid him create his/her profile and introduce him to the HR...I realized you have an equal opportunity becoming what you want...in that company..I just opted to start from the low and uncompetitive position as I strategize on the next move http://www.ohl.com/

That's also how difficult it is to fraud the system. It's a scale that must come down in one way or the other.
Its as a result of people being ignorant and want everything done for free but sooner than later its when they realize the exorbitant price caused by their ignorance

Good advise;does anyone know somebody here in New Jersey who might be interested with a job-I will be willing to aid him create his/her profile and introduce him to the HR...I realized you have an equal opportunity becoming what you want...in that company..I just opted to start from the low and uncompetitive position as I strategize on the next move http://www.ohl.com/
@simonu r kind to people i hope someday u will be paid with blessing ,because u care other people

I've been asked about that scenario a couple of times.

Ideally a person should be able to access the ESC site. That needs the original entry code (not the case number), last name and year of birth.

If the selectee does not have the entry code they can retrieve their details if they know:-

Names as entered Last, first, middle
Full DOB
email address (of the agent??)

If they can get that they are able to get the 1NL and the 2NL - even without having access to the email address for the agent.

Now if they can't get that but can get the Case Number they can possibly find out the interview date (CEAC) and perhaps even the time at embassies that publish the interview dates.

I think it unlikely that KCC or the embassy will help much with this if you cannot get into ESC. The measures are there to stop fraud - so they may not believe the person is who they say they are. Still - you can try and see what happens.

Lastly as Susie mentioned, incorrect details in the eDV (like not including the child) will result in disqualification anyway - so this approach is risky and could result in money down the drain. Because of that, in some of these cases, I think the selectee should just forget they won a lottery they didn't even enter...

Well unfortunately neither does the guy know the Case Number nor does he have a copy of the original entry code.

Plus, the agent used his personal email address to apply for the guy, the agent refuses to disclose the email address used.

Thanks for your advices, @SusieQQQ @Britsimon

Last edited:
Does he know for certain if the agent entered his information correctly? Did the agent use his correct picture? Did the agent included his child on the eDV application? If he can't answer these questions convincingly with a 'Yes' response, he's better off forgetting about this selection.

Well the kid part wasn't true. He doesn't have a child or a spouse.
No he's not certain about anything, infact the initial application was done privately.

Before preparing My documents i didnt realize that i have to qualify I am having issue with the Eritreans educational requirement and work experience of 2 years and above can anyone please clarify how i can qualify forr those requirements, they asking in US embassy of Kenya