• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin For MAY 2014

ceskhermina

AFRICA 37,900 Except:
Egypt: 25,900
Nigeria: 13,500
ASIA 6,500
EUROPE 30,700 Except: Uzbekistan 16,350
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 15
OCEANIA 1,100
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN 1,325

Yay, I'm finally current! :D

I just got the email with the numbers and was coming in to post them too!

Seems like a disappointing progression for most regions. I'm surprised at how low AF is.

OC is finally progressing a bit faster, so I think the big jumps will happen from this point on.

Congrats to all those current!

Thanks for posting this, ceskhermina!
Still a bit disappointed though, Asia remains going on a snail's pace :(
Do you guys think Asia will keep this 1000ish increase trend for the remainder of this year's cutoffs?
Nice to see Africa and OC's numbers to increase quite significantly, I mean nothing crazy still, but at least compared to the previous month's cutoffs, it's looking better than other regions.

Asia cannot take speed untill either Nepal or Iran are kept under special cutoff or anyone of this country exhaust its country limit.

Last edited by a moderator:
citizenship

hi dear,
after entering the US, one necessarily needs to stay there for full 5 years to get the citizenship. does this rule apply to the principal applicant as well as his family or only the principal applicant.
regards,

bank statement

hi,
it is said that one should provide a bank statement of at least 10k per individual over 6 months. however, i can afford that but without any movement on the account. what i will present is just a letter from the bank that i have 45k us dollars in my account and this amount would be for me, my wife and son. or a simple movement statement for only one month with the same amount. so which is better.
regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
hi dear,
after entering the US, one necessarily needs to stay there for full 5 years to get the citizenship. does this rule apply to the principal applicant as well as his family or only the principal applicant.
regards,

Once you are in the US and all are LPRs it no longer matters who was the principal applicant and who was derivatives. Each family member gets a green card and each is subject to the same rules. So you all need to abide by the conditions and you will all need to be there for 5 years - do a search for the residency and continuous residency requirements for naturalization.

As to your other question, I simply presented my latest bank statements, no history, and it was fine.

Once you are in the US and all are LPRs it no longer matters who was the principal applicant and who was derivatives. Each family member gets a green card and each is subject to the same rules. So you all need to abide by the conditions and you will all need to be there for 5 years - do a search for the residency and continuous residency requirements for naturalization.

As to your other question, I simply presented my latest bank statements, no history, and it was fine.

thank you susie

guys since they have published the visa bulletin for May now does it mean that the mentioned numbers will have their interview in May or are they getting 2nd notification letter in May?? for eg asia has reached to 6500. does that mean the case numbers upto 6500 will be having their interviews in May or are they just receiving the 2nd notification letter??
can someone please clarify this.

guys since they have published the visa bulletin for May now does it mean that the mentioned numbers will have their interview in May or are they getting 2nd notification letter in May?? for eg asia has reached to 6500. does that mean the case numbers upto 6500 will be having their interviews in May or are they just receiving the 2nd notification letter??
can someone please clarify this.
they will receive the 2nd letter in 1 week from now ,in MAY they will have the interview

Does this statement means you can not travel out US for few day?Would this affect your chance of getting the citizenship in 5years time?

Of course you can travel out of the US for a couple of days. As a matter of fact, you can leave for a couple of weeks or months for that matter, though less than 6 months is recommended to ensure your residency clock doesn't get re-set.

If you need to travel out make sure the trips are not always back to back, even if they are for short durations (assuming you're rich enough to afford flying in and out of the country every other week or so). Be sure to keep track of all trips taken, save your records, receipts, reasons for the trips, duration of the trip, etc, you will need to list all those trips when you apply for citizenship.

Does this statement means you can not travel out US for few day?Would this affect your chance of getting the citizenship in 5years time?

My statement said " do a search for the residency and continuous residency requirements for naturalization".... If you had that would have answered your question...