• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

February 2014 numbers released!!!

AldoBlack

Africa - 25,000 (Except: Egypt -18,300; Ethiopia-24,700; Nigeria - 9,400)
Asia - 4,325
Europe - 20,050 (Except: Uzbekistan-13,900)
North America (Bahamas) - 8
Oceania - 800
South America and the Caribbean - 985

Link:
Code:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6242.html

What do you think?

Asia - 4,325
Oceania - 800

Link:
Code:

What do you think?

We are generally disappointed with progress I think...

Asia - 4,325
Oceania - 800

Link:
Code:

What do you think?

Really bad for my waiting pals

Disappointment is result of unfulfilled hope. Expectation is based not on hope, but more on knowledge.

Disappointment is result of unfulfilled hope. Expectation is based not on hope, but more on knowledge.

Just watched latest episode of "Sherlock" and Reavsky sounds pretty much like the main character :)

Although I was positively surprised with the Turkey sandwich joke earlier today :)

Just watched latest episode of "Sherlock" and Reavsky sounds pretty much like the main character :)

Although I was positively surprised with the Turkey sandwich joke earlier today :)

Raevsky has changed a lot in the last few months - for the better I believe - and FRanko - he even opened the door to your CN range becoming current - that was BIG.

I'm a bit more optimistic too, simply because of the EU numbers still being ahead, possible NACARA Visa availability, current CEAC data (if a lot of people decides not to follow through with their applications) and I guess next few months will be critical.
So I'm cautiously optimistic but won't have a tantrum and pull my hair out if I don't get current :)

In reality there is nothing that we can do about and in my experience it is unhealthy to worry about it all the time.

Gratz everyone who is current, i'm in btw :eek:! Wondering when i should get my 2nd letter, and my status haven't changed yet on status.check since may 2013! So what do you guys think from when to when i should get my 2nd letter? -Thanks.

Gratz everyone who is current, i'm in btw :eek:! Wondering when i should get my 2nd letter, and my status haven't changed yet on status.check since may 2013! So what do you guys think from when to when i should get my 2nd letter? -Thanks.

Congrats to you Doni.

You will get an email from KCC possibly by this weekend, but more likely next week. The email will tell you to check the ESC site and there you will see your appointment details. If you want to drive yourself nuts you could start checking the ESC site before you ven get the mail.... but try not to do that for the sake of your blood pressure.

I'm a bit more optimistic too, simply because of the EU numbers still being ahead, possible NACARA Visa availability, current CEAC data (if a lot of people decides not to follow through with their applications) and I guess next few months will be critical.
So I'm cautiously optimistic but won't have a tantrum and pull my hair out if I don't get current :)

In reality there is nothing that we can do about and in my experience it is unhealthy to worry about it all the time.

The ONLY fly in the ointment is the VB progress BUT considering EU are ahead of last year, that really should not be a disappointment. You wouldn't have liked the Beemer anyway....

For those who feel like losing hope, don't be at the moment. For whatever reason the progress is so slow I really don't know and I think no one here would know but at least now we have more data to analyze each month so we roughly know whether we are nearing the global limit. For example in Asia, we now know 9.4k visas issued in DV13, so we can assume in DV-14 it has the same kind of quota which is 9.4k and we also have the CEAC data and so first 3 months it only issued 1.2k visas, which is just 12.7% of the regional quota, so we still have a lot of visa available right now.

In other word, we have more informative and we are not in the dark like the first 5 months. Let hope the 2nd half of DV-14 runs like a hare and not like a turtle anymore.

For those who feel like losing hope, don't be at the moment. For whatever reason the progress is so slow I really don't know and I think no one here would know but at least now we have more data to analyze each month so we roughly know whether we are nearing the global limit. For example in Asia, we now know 9.4k visas issued in DV13, so we can assume in DV-14 it has the same kind of quota which is 9.4k and we also have the CEAC data and so first 3 months it only issued 1.2k visas, which is just 12.7% of the regional quota, so we still have a lot of visa available right now.

In other word, we have more informative and we are not in the dark like the first 5 months. Let hope the 2nd half of DV-14 runs like a hare and not like a turtle anymore.

What he said !!!