B1/B2 visa while having filed a petition with USCIS

neshate

Here is my situation:

My grand-mother and my uncle are US citizens. My grand-mother is currently back home. She has applied for green card for my mom in 2005. We have not heard back from USCIS. So, we don not know if the file has been lost/approved/denied, since my grand-mother is not able to follow up the case and they do not release any information to anyone else other than my mom and my grand ma. I am living here in US on F1 visa. Now my mom is completely disappointed by getting her green card sometime soon and we are going to apply for a non-immigrant visa B1/B2 for her. Her intention is not to come here and stay. She is planning to come here for just a visit. Is there any way that we can cancel her petition with USCIS to show that she is interested in immigration visa anymore. In DS 160 it is asking if she has ever filed a petition with USCIS or not? I know I have to tell the truth. There is a box where I can put some explanation on the situation. Any advice on what type of explanation can help her get B1/B2 visa?

Having a petition filed for her does not mean she cannot get a B1/B2 visa. As long as she can show close ties to her home country and that she will return, that's what matters.

Very strong social and financial ties to her country of residence. If that can be documented and a consul can be satisfied, it really does not matter if there is a pending I-130.

Any advice on what type of explanation can help her get B1/B2 visa?