• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

No record for my birth certificate

ameer

I am Dv2014 winner case # 2014Af0005XXX ,could you please advise me ,I have not record for my birth certificate ,what shall i do?

I am Dv2014 winner case # 2014Af0005XXX ,could you please advise me ,I have not record for my birth certificate ,what shall i do?

Do you mean you don't have the birth certificate itself or are you saying that your birth was never recorded? If it is the first case then it should be possible to get a certified copy of the certificate. unless you were born in a country where no records are available. There are country specific guidlines at http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html

For Somalia for instance there is little or no expectation that any government documents can be obtained - so I imagine there are special processing rules in place for Somalia.

In what country were you born?

Dear britsimon ,
Thanks a lot for your consideration and quick response, I am from Sudan, I mean don't have the birth certificate itself and also my birth was never record,But i have certificate from the government shown that my birth was never record and my birth date in 01/01/1981 but my actual birth date is 06/06/1981 as in dv2014 and in my passport and the national certificate.

OK Ameer,

Reading the reciprocity page for the Sudan the Embassy believe that birth certificate are available but that citizens in certain locations will have problems getting replacement copies.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9742

Regarding the documents you already I have I think it is best if I let others jump in here who may have addressed similar situations in the past.

Dear raevsky,britsimon and all,

Actually i born in hospital but i haven't hospital paperwork about your birth,i just have paperwork about my birth from the ministry of health-national health information center certify that i born in 01/01/1981 but as i said my actual date of birth is 06/06/1981 as in my passport and in my national certificate.
the rule here in Sudan all certificate from national health information center issued started by 01/01/XXXX just change the year.
Could you please advise me.
regards

You need to have paperwork that is showing the same date of birth that you used in DV-14 otherwise they will most likely disqualify you. Good point to start should be the hospital where you were born!

Available. Birth certificates are available through the Department of Statistics, Ministry of Social Affairs. When official records are not available, persons born in the Southern Sudan can often obtain birth certificates issued by various mission authorities.

What dose they means " issued by various mission authorities"

Could you please explain if you can

Actually, if it is normal in Sudan to have everything showing birthdate 1 Jan the embassy (is it Egypt you use?) will probably be aware of that.

Nevertheless, I think your best bet for your question is to contact the embassy you will be processed at to see what they usually accept for people from Sudan. If your passport and "national certificate" (what is this, like an identity document?) both have your real date of birth, then there must be something official somewhere that you can use as proof, but they - or others from Sudan who have faced the same problem - will be able to give you far better specific advice than most anyone here.

Available. Birth certificates are available through the Department of Statistics, Ministry of Social Affairs. When official records are not available, persons born in the Southern Sudan can often obtain birth certificates issued by various mission authorities.

I take that to mean that there are various organisations in Southern Sudan that are able to provide birth certificates in some circumstances. Those missions probably have some involvement in hospitals so they are in a position to provide information on births.

As has been suggested you could contact the hospital where you were born for further information but the suggestion that Susie made to contact the embassy is the best idea. This is probably a relatively common thing for Sudanese nationals.

I received my second letter of dv 2014 ,interview in 1st October.

Thanks a lot for your consideration and quick response, I am from Sudan, I mean don't have the birth certificate itself and also my birth was never record,But i have certificate from the government shown that my birth was never record and my birth date in 01/01/1981 but my actual birth date is 06/06/1981 as in dv2014 and in my passport and the national certificate.

Please let us know how you get on at the interview. Your experience will be helpful to other winners from Sudan in a similar position.