• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Interview

NJames

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me out, and I apologise if this question has already been asked. I was lucky enough to be selected in the DV2014 lotto for further processing. I sent my documents off and the KCC has confirmed that they have received them. My selection number is 2014OC000002** and I was wondering when the KCC will contact me regarding an interview date/time? As I have quite a low number I assume the interview will be relatively soon?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Congrats! That's a great number - very low. I'd be surprised if you didn't get your interview in October. In early August, they'll publish the September Visa Bulletin. It'll show September and October's cut-off numbers for the Diversity Visa. You'll be interested in the October numbers. If your case-number is lower than the October cut-off number, you'll get your interview in October. If it's not lower, then it'll be in November.

You will get an email soon after your case number becomes current telling you to check online for your interview date and information. You go to the ESC (Entrant Status Check) webpage and enter your Confirmation Number to get that info. You may want to start looking into how to get a police check soon, especially if you have to get one from overseas. There's a thread in this forum for Australian DV2014 selectees that you might find helpful.

All the best!

Thanks for that information Vichel!! I am incredibly lucky with my number and can't wait to finally move over. I already got a police check done as well, I did that two days after I found out that I had been selected haha. Thanks again for the great info!!

Hey Guys,

I am also from Aus case number 2014OC000003XX. I was wondering for the police check, I am obtaining it online. they ask what type of police check it is.
Options being:

– name and date of birth check
– name date of birth and fingerprint check
- name and date of birth check – volunteer - for use of Commonwealth funded care services only

Anyone have any idea??

Thanks you :))

AllyJane,

Congratulations to you too! Great number as well. You need the name and fingerprint check.

Good luck!

Hi

My husband was lucky enough to be selected for the 2014 year - his lumber is in the mid 600s.

NJames - how did you confirm with KCC that they had received your documents? We sent ours registered mail, so we know they arrived there, but we haven't heard from KCC to confirm.

I was going to wait until we had received our interview letter before applying for the police checks. Is this a good idea or is this something I should get on to now?

Thanks

Hi

My husband was lucky enough to be selected for the 2014 year - his lumber is in the mid 600s.

NJames - how did you confirm with KCC that they had received your documents? We sent ours registered mail, so we know they arrived there, but we haven't heard from KCC to confirm.

I was going to wait until we had received our interview letter before applying for the police checks. Is this a good idea or is this something I should get on to now?

Thanks

Congrats Amy

You don't say but I guess you are OC region?

KCC won't confirm receipt of your forms unless you ask them - but since you know they got there, you already know they received them. If you want to hear from them directly you can send them an email (but it will take weeks for the answer) or you can call them.

Your number is low so you can expect an interview early (if OC probably December or January based on DV2013 speed). IN that case it is probably a bit early to apply for police checks right now, maybe apply around late September/October.

Hi

Thanks

You can wait until then but it's worth investigating how to get the police checks, particularly if you need ones from interstate or overseas. There's a fair bit to find out and understand so it's good to start that now because as the date gets closer, you start panicking. For instance, make sure your birth certificates are the long form ones, not the small extracts.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=8957

Congratulations, and all the best!

Hi Amy,

exactly as Britsimon said, I emailed the KCC to see whether they had received my documents. I sent my documents via registered mail as well but it took the KCC a few weeks to email me back.

I also got a police check done a few months ago, but after reading the previous posts I think that i might have got the wrong one. I got a name only police check so I'm going this week to get the police check that includes the finger print search.

I also got some vaccinations done and got tested to see if i was immune to a whole range of other diseases. Just waiting now for my interview date and I'll book an appointment with the panel physician.

Good luck with everything!!!

really tensed(DV 2014)

I am from nepal and my case number is 9xxx its from asia.. I am selected for the DV 2014 and I have sent my all required documents to KCC but I did some mistakes while filling the forms they are but minor like i did not write any thing in those question where I need to write N/A as the answer so I mailed about this fact to KCC and also got reply about that I can again send the form and so I did by sending the correctly filled form this time. will this be the cause that I will not get second letter? I am really tensed about the matter? asking a very factual view in the regard.

I am from nepal and my case number is 9xxx its from asia.. I am selected for the DV 2014 and I have sent my all required documents to KCC but I did some mistakes while filling the forms they are but minor like i did not write any thing in those question where I need to write N/A as the answer so I mailed about this fact to KCC and also got reply about that I can again send the form and so I did by sending the correctly filled form this time. will this be the cause that I will not get second letter? I am really tensed about the matter? asking a very factual view in the regard.

No it won't cause you any problem at all. Stop worrying.

advice

hi me n my wife won the dv lottery 2014, so we feel very lucky that. currently i am 28 years old male from Nepal. i completed high school diploma which is equivalent 12 years course but i do have work experience but i dont have certificate of work experience, will it make a problem for my visa? plsssssssssssssssssssss i am so disappointing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!plz can u help me out this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi me n my wife won the dv lottery 2014, so we feel very lucky that. currently i am 28 years old male from Nepal. i completed high school diploma which is equivalent 12 years course but i do have work experience but i dont have certificate of work experience, will it make a problem for my visa? plsssssssssssssssssssss i am so disappointing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!plz can u help me out this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly, only the selectee (the winner) needs to qualify. So, if your wife was the winner your qualifications are unimportant - or if you are the winner then ONLY your qualification/work experience is important.

Secondly, you only need to be qualified EITHER by education OR by work experience.

So, IF you are the winner and IF your education is equivalent to US High school then your work experience is unimportant.

Experience could be unimportant regarding educational requirement on it's own, if you meet this requirement by your formal education, but it has another value. Regarding public charge requirement, if you are going to work in the US and prove public charge requirement by future job income, your education, age, experiance, skills, length of employment, and frequency of job changes are important.

Experience could be unimportant regarding educational requirement on it's own, if you meet this requirement by your formal education, but it has another value. Regarding public charge requirement, if you are going to work in the US and prove public charge requirement by future job income, your education, age, experiance, skills, length of employment, and frequency of job changes are important.

Good point.

reply to britsimon,

Firstly, only the selectee (the winner) needs to qualify. So, if your wife was the winner your qualifications are unimportant - or if you are the winner then ONLY your qualification/work experience is important.

Secondly, you only need to be qualified EITHER by education OR by work experience.

So, IF you are the winner and IF your education is equivalent to US High school then your work experience is unimportant.

thank u so much for your advice

hello everyone.am also a 2014 dv winner and i did send my forms through Postal Corp. and used a tracking number to confirm it arrived in KY. However, it is almost 8 weeks since and my emails to dv email have yet to confirm receipt of the same. they tell me to wait for 8 weeks for confirmation but nothing still.what do i need to do next ?

hello everyone.am also a 2014 dv winner and i did send my forms through Postal Corp. and used a tracking number to confirm it arrived in KY. However, it is almost 8 weeks since and my emails to dv email have yet to confirm receipt of the same. they tell me to wait for 8 weeks for confirmation but nothing still.what do i need to do next ?

Wait some more. Stop worrying, your forms won't be processed for months, so waiting a couple more weeks won't cause any problem. You have to remember that resources they spend on answering emails from people worrying when in fact there are MONTHS to wait before your case take resources away from people who might need a fast response. I realise you are worried but really, RELAX!

Mine arrived on 13th of June. I haven't got the confirmation from KCC yet. What they told me was to wait another 2-3 weeks.

They got it

Hi

Thanks

The reply above got it right. I was wondering the same so I called KCC and this is what they told me: KCC will not send a confirmation of receipt email (unless you had sent your docs by email). If you want further proof that they got it--since in your case you already know by virtue of your registered mail--you can call them and they will look you up. Best of luck!