• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

ALl GHANA 2014 DV LOTTERY SELECTEES MEET HERE

Ghanaman

Registered Users (C)
Ghana 2014 DV lottery selectees meet here

Hello all,

This thread is for all DV 2014 selectees from Ghana. Let us share our challenges and encourage one another. Please share with us your pre- interview experiences, interview and post interview experiences and outcomes. You can also post questions here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,

This thread is for all DV 2014 selectees from Ghana Only. Let us share our challenges and encourage one another. Please share with us your pre- interview experiences, interview and post interview experiences and outcomes. You can also post questions here.

Very glad to finally hear from a ghanaian. I am a proud winner of dv2014. CN 2014AF00005xxx.
Hope to meet other GH guys.

Guys, let's try and keep this thread alive. Many people from GH wins every year, but majority of them get denied visas. Let's discuss possibilities and share experiences. I have had the opportunity of helping a few friends and family get through the process over the years but it's different this time because , It is now my turn to feel it. GH all the way.

It is great to see others have joined us on this thread, I believe more are yet to come. We need the encouragement and guidance. God bless you all.

I am also glad to be on board, my case number is 2014AF00020xxx. Its like your case numbers are less huge numbers. Anyway 2014 interviews will be starting very soon, so please be checking the bulletin news from August 15th for the interview dates

I believe by now we are all being patient as we wait in prayer for 2nd notification letter,God would send us through and we should help ourselves too on this forum.

Hello guys,its been a while and it seems we all waiting 4 the first dv2014 visa bulletin,it is well. Still waiting 4 more Ghanaians though

hello my fellower winners

I'm excited to be among the winners from Ghana. My case number is 2014AF00024xxx.By the way is my number high?

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally don't think its on the high side even though it might early next year. all the best

please I want to know if the US embassy accepts the old passport or they only accept the biometric passport?
thanks

My apologies for gate-crashing the Ghana party but I wanted to congratulate you all on your selection :)

From what I've read above, all of you have excellent case numbers and will be current before you know it so don't worry. The only thing I emphasise is that you prepare all your civil and other documents very very very early and keep them handy.

The police certificate and medical check can wait until you receive your 2nd NL. Once you receive your 2nd NL, procure the police certificate immediately and do your medicals.

There is some debate on things like bank statements and I-134 Affidavit of Support in that some say they're not needed and some say that they are needed. I personally say this: get as much documentation as you can to be safe during the interview and make sure you save enough money because the hard earned US Dollars are going to fly out of your pockets until you finally settle and have an income stream in the US :)

Ghanaba - the US Embassy only accepts biometric passports and I hope this is the one you used to fill out your initial entry form.

All the best to you all and please feel free to ask us others on the forum for any help if required as we are in this journey together.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me!)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - 14th June 2013
Police Clearance (TZ) - 13th June 2013
Police Clearance (UK) - 21st June 2013
Medicals - Completed 24th June 2013
I-134 - 16th July 2013
Bank Statements - 22nd July 2013
Interview - Wednesday, August 7th 2013 @ 8am - US Embassy Tanzania
Visa Pick up - Hopefully August 11th
Departure Date - August 17th 2013
Port of Entry - Washington Dulles

It is little bit funny though how the local mentality inevitably touches on the behavior of the applicant when he or she goes for the interview. Hence here in my country the locals ruled out: you better do not show the bank statement if they do not ask for it.
rules, rules...

Thanks Momo 4 your well wishes,all the best as you anxiously wait for your interview.

@ Ghanaba,I would be applying 4 the biometric passport even though I have the old one,its safe that way.all the best

2014AF000123**
Hello guys just join this thread, am Ghanaian. Am glad to be have join this group.
Rather than wait before we discuss issues, I think we can begin now. Roselyna with your rich experience as you have stated earlier, will be of great help to some.