• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Winner from Ghana but studying in italy

bronsted

Registered Users (C)
hello my case no is AF2XXX, from Ghana. I won the dv lottery in Italy, but on my dsp 122 i stated that i want to do my interview in Accra, Ghana. Will this be a problem since I won the lottery in Italy and they put a post Naples,Italy(they have an american embassy there) on my selection letter. i also want to know when i will likely get my interview. thank you.

hello my case no is AF2XXX, from Ghana. I won the dv lottery in Italy, but on my dsp 122 i stated that i want to do my interview in Accra, Ghana. Will this be a problem since I won the lottery in Italy and they put a post Naples,Italy(they have an american embassy there) on my selection letter. i also want to know when i will likely get my interview. thank you.

That's a very low number, you are almost certain to have your interview in October.

will there be a problem since i want to do my interview in Ghana? but it stated on my selectee letter that my post is Naples, Italy

I don't know about that, suggest you ask KCC. Why do you want to do your interview in Ghana if you're resident in Italy at the moment though? Surely Naples would be easier?

No, it will not be a problem if you prefer to go do your interview in Ghana. Of course the CO in Ghana may ask why you opted to come to Ghana for the interview, and you can give him whatever reason motivated you to do that. It will not be a disqualifying factor. Do remember though to still get your PCC from Italy even if you're interviewing in Ghana.

same issue

Hello there, I have a similar issue , I am currently in da UK and thats what i had filled in the forms but because my studies finishes by the end of this year I want to have my interview in Cairo.
should I just E-Mail the KCC and ask them to arrange it accordingly ?
my case number is 20141F0003XXXX , any suggestions on when will i have the interview , roughly?

Thank u

Hello there, I have a similar issue , I am currently in da UK and thats what i had filled in the forms but because my studies finishes by the end of this year I want to have my interview in Cairo.
my case number is 20141F0003XXXX , any suggestions on when will i have the interview , roughly?

Thank u

If you have relocated and wish to attend your interview at a different embassy, you must provide KCC with your former address and your new physical address (P O Boxes and In Care of Addresses do not justify a change of embassy) to prove your residency in that country. If your interview has already been scheduled, you must contact the embassy to determine if your case can be transferred to a different embassy.

Thank u

No you can't simply call and ask KCC to change your interview venue. I'm assuming you're originally from Cairo. If that is the case, fill out a new set of forms, with an address in Cairo, and select the embassy/consulate in Cairo as your preferred consular office. Email the documents to KCC and in your email explain the fact that you will be relocating from the UK back to Cairo.