• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

USCIS Immigrant Fee - How to pay?

immgrat

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody, I would like to ask the new USCIS Immigrant Fee since Feb 1, 2013, my friend already got temp I-551, but the staff in consulate told him, he need to pay this fee by using USA issue credit card or USA bank account, any other countries' credit cards are not accepted.

May I ask you, do you have experience using local's credit card to pay this $165 fee? Thank you!

Hello everybody, I would like to ask the new USCIS Immigrant Fee since Feb 1, 2013, my friend already got temp I-551, but the staff in consulate told him, he need to pay this fee by using USA issue credit card or USA bank account, any other countries' credit cards are not accepted.

May I ask you, do you have experience using local's credit card to pay this $165 fee? Thank you!

We paid ours with a Canadian credit card and I'm sure my fellow Aussies have paid with Australian credit cards. Sounds like you got told incorrect information. That does tend to happen.

Good luck.

Problem with paying immigrant fee

We paid ours with a Canadian credit card and I'm sure my fellow Aussies have paid with Australian credit cards. Sounds like you got told incorrect information. That does tend to happen.

Good luck.

The paper we got for the immigrant fee. They have mentioned the case ID and A number right? When I enter those details. It showed me the errors. The numbers are right but there is a way to entry it?? please help...

The paper we got for the immigrant fee. They have mentioned the case ID and A number right? When I enter those details. It showed me the errors. The numbers are right but there is a way to entry it?? please help...

The same problem. The new ELIS system has been set up only 5 days ago, and it cannot recognize DV case numbers, only the other immigrant visa numbers, where the no. starts with three letters, followed by ten digits. I hope they will fix the problem soon...just want to pay and get it over with. Other people with the same problem please write here :)

Here is an update from USCIS:

Problems Paying Your USCIS Immigrant Fee

USCIS ELIS is having technical difficulties processing some Department of State Case ID numbers. If you experience problems paying the USCIS Immigrant Fee, you can still travel to the United States and then pay the fee. After arriving in the United States, you will receive a passport stamp that validates your permanent resident status for one year. You will receive your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) by priority mail AFTER you have paid the USCIS Immigrant Fee.

Thank you for your patience as we correct this issue.

Here is an update from USCIS:

Problems Paying Your USCIS Immigrant Fee

USCIS ELIS is having technical difficulties processing some Department of State Case ID numbers. If you experience problems paying the USCIS Immigrant Fee, you can still travel to the United States and then pay the fee. After arriving in the United States, you will receive a passport stamp that validates your permanent resident status for one year. You will receive your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) by priority mail AFTER you have paid the USCIS Immigrant Fee.

Thank you for your patience as we correct this issue.

Thanks bro,
I was wary about this case, so i am planing to arrive USA this 31. Where did you get this information?

USCIS ELIS Maintenance Scheduled on May 25

USCIS ELIS will be temporarily off line Saturday, May 25 from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. EDT as we update the system. We regret any inconvenience and encourage customers to try again later in the day.

Please tell me the Online Access Code?

(Customers receive a USCIS issued Online Access Code in an official USCIS Notice letter.
If you have received this notice, please click "Enter Online Access Code" link below.)

Jimma boy, Are you sure that USCIS have already fixed the problem? I am asking you because i am still having a problem. The system doesnot accept Alien Number. The system doesnot accept '8 numeric', it asks for '9 numeric' number.
i am now confused. How can I get through now?
Any suggestion would be appreciable.

Surya

Jimma boy, Are you sure that USCIS have already fixed the problem? I am asking you because i am still having a problem. The system doesnot accept Alien Number. The system doesnot accept '8 numeric', it asks for '9 numeric' number.

Surya
USCIS they fixed the problems and now its working well.

Surya

That's not a problem, simply add 0 after the A and before your 8 digits. more information see right side of that page.

Are you 100% sure about writing 0 (zer0) after A.
One another thing, does 'DOS Case ID' means our DV case number ? Is it same for all the members of same family?

Surya

Last edited by a moderator:
Samlanka,How about the 'DOS Case ID'? is it the dv case number? Which applies same to all family members?
OR
It is the Immigrant visa case number, mentioned in visa lebel, which is different for all my family members?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimma boy & samlanka,
What does 'DOS Case ID' mean? Is it the same as DV Case number or its different? OR is it the immigrant visa number mentioned in the visa lebel?please advise.

You have given a A4 size sheet with your visa packet from the embassy. Top of that sheet you can see the Case ID (Ex- CLM2013AS6XXX).