How long does take to get a green card after Biometrics done for USC's Dad?

GCgain

Registered Users (C)
My Dad got Finger Print done on Jan 3rd, nothing changed on the status online, still the date of receiving package.
My Dad plans to go back to take care of some personal business in the Summer, I wonder if I need to apply Advanced Parole for him in case the GC takes longer than 6 months.

Thanks a lot for your input!

no. I read that USCIS already overwhelmed with applications, we should limit to necessary applications.
It looks like that we should submit it just in case he can't get it before June.
You did not apply for his EAD and AP when you submitted his AOS package?

Green card status for parents

Sir,

My daughter is a USC, she applied for green cards for both of us on Sept 2012. After one month we got finger printing done. But we have not received any communication from them. We applied to Chicago Lock box.
My husband is on H1 and working in KY. My daughter is in NJ. Where we will be required to go for interview and how much more time will it take. Can we go out of country during processing?
Thanks and regards.
Vasudha

Sir,

My daughter is a USC, she applied for green cards for both of us on Sept 2012. After one month we got finger printing done. But we have not received any communication from them. We applied to Chicago Lock box.
My husband is on H1 and working in KY. My daughter is in NJ. Where we will be required to go for interview and how much more time will it take. Can we go out of country during processing?
Thanks and regards.
Vasudha

You should not "Hijack" someone elses thread, please post separate threads in future. This thread is started by the first poster and posting etiquette requires you to limit your posting relevant to the original post. If you want to raise another issue, please post in a new thread.

Having said that, your place of interview depends on the address you provided on your I-485 application. Did you also file I-131 for advance parole? If you did, you should receive a parole document which allows you to travel out of US and return without affecting processing of your application. Without a parole document, your application will be deemed abandoned when you leave US.

Interview usually take 1-4 months after fingerprinting, depending on the workload the USCIS center processing your application.
Did you check status of your application online at USCIS website? Did you or your daughter receive any Request for further Evidence (RFE)? Did you also submit a) sealed medical reports, b) proofs of birth and marriage for you and your husband and c) your daughter's birth certificate showing that you are indeed her parents?

You should not "Hijack" someone elses thread, please post separate threads in future. This thread is started by the first poster and posting etiquette requires you to limit your posting relevant to the original post. If you want to raise another issue, please post in a new thread.

Having said that, your place of interview depends on the address you provided on your I-485 application. Did you also file I-131 for advance parole? If you did, you should receive a parole document which allows you to travel out of US and return without affecting processing of your application. Without a parole document, your application will be deemed abandoned when you leave US.

Interview usually take 1-4 months after fingerprinting, depending on the workload the USCIS center processing your application.
Did you check status of your application online at USCIS website? Did you or your daughter receive any Request for further Evidence (RFE)? Did you also submit a) sealed medical reports, b) proofs of birth and marriage for you and your husband and c) your daughter's birth certificate showing that you are indeed her parents?
I am sorry, I am not computer savvy, I do not know how to start a thread.
Having said that, as we are on H1 and H4 we do not require to file i131. That is my understanding. I just wanted to confirm that. We did not receive RFE so far. We have attached all the proofs mentioned above by you.
Thank you for being patient with me. I did check the status on USCIS..it says background check or some thing.

If you tell me how to start a thread, I will do that. Thank you once again.

That's okay, in order to start the new thread, you just need to post under "new post".
To the best of my knowledge, H1 and H4 status didn't have anything to do with i-131.

So, your online status changed to " check background", it's a sign of moving forward. Good luck!

Having said that, as we are on H1 and H4 we do not require to file i131. That is my understanding. I just wanted to confirm that. We did not receive RFE so far. We have attached all the proofs mentioned above by you.
Thank you for being patient with me. I did check the status on USCIS..it says background check or some thing.

We also have attached all the proofs mentioned above by you, and no RFE so far, we file from Boston, Would you please share where I can find the approximate time line? otherwise, I will have to apply in March to make sure that my Dad can travel in summer.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Is your daughter 21 years old or older?

Thank you for the reply. But the status is initial review. How much time does Initial review take?
Yes my daughter is 37 years old and has a good job.

I have no idea, and I can't find any time line on this category. For the safe side, you need to get AP before you get your GC, if you travel on other visa without AP, you are considered abandoning your application.
Thank you for the reply. But the status is initial review. How much time does Initial review take?

I have no idea, and I can't find any time line on this category. For the safe side, you need to get AP before you get your GC, if you travel on other visa without AP, you are considered abandoning your application.

How long to get advance parole and work permit after fingerprint

I have my fingerprint appt for MAY 22nd, and i need to travel back home for my wedding on jUNE 10TH, how long after FP is it to receive the AP to travel and how soon after FP will work permit be approved? Do i have to wait till after interview for work permit? and also how long after FP will the interview offer come?

That's not true for travel with H1B/H4/L1/L2 visas.

I have my fingerprint appt for MAY 22nd, and i need to travel back home for my wedding on jUNE 10TH, ...
You haven't had your wedding yet? Does that mean you're applying for a green card NOT based on marriage? Or is your wedding in June ceremonial-only with no registration or legal significance?

how long after FP is it to receive the AP to travel and how soon after FP will work permit be approved? Do i have to wait till after interview for work permit?
The AP generally is approved 2-3 months after the AP application was submitted. Same for the employment authorization. Both are usually approved before the interview.

and also how long after FP will the interview offer come?
Typically 2 to 4 months.

Good news. Got Green card without interview.
For all those people who are interested.
Applied for concurrent processing on 12 th Sept 2012
Got green card letter on July 19 th 2013
Good luck to all of you.

Congratulations for the smooth approval!
Did you get anything from "initial review" stage to approval?
I wonder if you see anything in between, did you call or make an infopass? My Dad's application is still in "initial review" stage on line, I am thinking if I should make a request on the status

Good news. Got Green card without interview.
For all those people who are interested.
Applied for concurrent processing on 12 th Sept 2012
Got green card letter on July 19 th 2013
Good luck to all of you.

Nothing at all. Once we sent a mail in June but we were told to wait for one more year. But suddenly in July we got green cards in our mail

To the best of my knowledge, H1 and H4 status didn't have anything to do with i-131.

There is an indirect relationship between H1B/H4 and I-131 (Advance Parole); if you have H1B or H4 status you don't need AP to travel abroad while the I-485 is pending. L1 and L2 also provide a similar benefit.