US CItizenship and renouncing Pakistan CItizenship

bzfood

I came to USA as a minor and because a US Citizen several years ago. I want to renounce my Pakistani Citizenship, and also submitted my Pakistan citizenship renunciation documents about a week ago. Anyone have any idea how long it takes for the Pakistani Embassy (Los Angeles) to process the renunciation. Would highly appreciate a response on this matter.

Most likely it will take the same amount it does for NICOP/POC to be processed. Around 3-4 months. By the way, it is the Pakistani consulate in LA, not embassy. Embassy is in DC :)

I came to USA as a minor and because a US Citizen several years ago. I want to renounce my Pakistani Citizenship, and also submitted my Pakistan citizenship renunciation documents about a week ago. Anyone have any idea how long it takes for the Pakistani Embassy (Los Angeles) to process the renunciation. Would highly appreciate a response on this matter.

That is the OP's personal decision. It may have nothing to do with loathing Pakistan. Yes I do admit it is very rare for Pakistanis to make an effort to renounce their citizenship. Since Pakistan allows its citizens to acquire other citizenships, Pakistanis really need to make no effort with regards to their Pakistani citizenship after naturalising elsewhere. A case of more the merrier I guess :)
I have 50 plus Pakistan relatives who hold other citizenships, US, Canadian, British, Irish, New Zealand, etc. As far as I know, none of them renounced their Pakistani citzenship. I seriously doubt they have used their Pakistani passports since acquring their other citizenship :)

excuse me for quietly laughing but why do you loathe your home country so?

Hello

Were you able to successfully renounce your pakistani citizenship? How long did it take for you get the process done?

Did you face any issues?

Thanks

Indotech